Homecoming The Inevitable Video Game Thread

Green Goblin

Crawling on walls
Reaction score
I think at this point we can assume we'll probably be getting another video game tie in from Beenox.

Discuss...

I'm betting 50 bucks it'll just be a mobile tie in game. Marvel hasn't made a game for consoles in forever, and the games they do make for consoles usually have LEGO in the title.

Im pretty certain there won't be a video game, unless Marvel start developing them between now and 2017. A mobile game certainly, though.

Just think LEGO MARVEL: SPIDER-MAN where you can play through the most famous Spider-Man stories including Sinister Six and the Night Gwen Stacey died. That'd be awesome. Even better if it was regular non-lego game where you could play through all the incredible Spidey arcs and villains. Even have Peter Parker levels as well and guest appearances by Iron Man, Captain America, and Daredevil. With special skins for Spider-Man like 2099, Ultimate(Miles and Peter), Noir, All New, Manga, Original, I'm talkin every suit that's ever been featured.

That'd be the dream. We get a Batman video game like every year, just gimme a Spider-Man or Civil War game.

Ya counting on who is controlling tie in stuff if it's marvel probably just be a mobile game. But I would hope the current rights holder release another apidey game. Either a tie in hame or just a general spidey game.

Why does beenox continue to be allowed to make mediocre games?:/

Who has the video game rights? If sony has em, they should get Naughty Dog to develop a spidey game :b

I don't think all there games been that bad

Not bad but not great like Spider-man 2 and Ultimate Spider-man. Tasm 2 was bad though :b

I mean, sure, most of the other Marvel movies got tie-in mobile games at best, but this is Spider-Man, who has had a long history of being able to move games off the shelves. And Marvel doesn't have complete control of Spidey, Sony still has part of it, and they've made a tie-in for all the Spidey movies.

Well sony doesn't have merch rights.
Still though, Spidey games have apparently been proven to sell, so another one is pretty likely. Iron Man and Cap got games too, they just didn't do well.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a game. If nothing else, there will probably be one not based on the movie that "coincidentally" comes out the same time as the film

I just realized. They always make games for the Spider-Man films. Literally every film has a game. This one will likely be no different because they know Spider-Man games are big sellers.

The Activision rights for Spider-Man games expire in 2017, unless they've renewed it recently. They already seem to have lost the comic-book game rights and currently only have the movie tie-in rights. So I'm actually not sure if there will be a game for this. I honestly think it's time for Spider-Man games to move to different publishers/developers, where we'll be able to get a AAA game out of the brand, and where Spider-Man is a top priority to get right.

The Activision rights for Spider-Man games expire in 2017, unless they've renewed it recently. They already seem to have lost the comic-book game rights and currently only have the movie tie-in rights. So I'm actually not sure if there will be a game for this. I honestly think it's time for Spider-Man games to move to different publishers/developers, where we'll be able to get a AAA game out of the brand, and where Spider-Man is a top priority to get right.

But an actual AAA game and not the ******** they've been putting out recently. They should make a game that doesn't have the restriction of being a tie in.

If they d9nt have rights any more then it's probably less likely anything could hit for 2017. Unless another maker get it. But it likely be just some random soidey game like dimensions and edge of time.

I want a Spider-Man game with a whole new combat mechanic. Not another Spider-Man game that tries to copy and paste the Rocksteady games.

If a Spider-Man game could have the same seamless flow of the Arkham combat but be more fast paced, more manual, and more "all over the place" I'd be a happy gamer.

Last edited:
I want a Spider-Man game with a whole new combat mechanic. Not another Spider-Man game that tries to copy and paste the Rocksteady games.

If a Spider-Man game could have the same seamless flow of the Arkham combat but be more fast paced, more manual, and more "all over the place" I'd be a happy gamer.

agreed. we should be well past the era where combos are basically just loops of "punch#1 => punch#2 => punch#3! => ... punch#1 => punch#2 => punch#3!"

agreed. we should be well past the era where combos are basically just loops of "punch#1 => punch#2 => punch#3! => ... punch#1 => punch#2 => punch#3!"

Yeah, Spider-Man shouldn't be as ground based as he's been in Beenox games. I've said this plenty of times and might sound like a broken record, but Spider-Man should jump from wall to wall, head to head, handing crooks their butts and having epic acrobatic beatdowns with super villains.

I think an AAA Spider-Man game should go in with the mindset of "Hey, let's make the most epic and creative boss battles as possible!"

Given that Spider-Man is in the top 3 most popular comic book characters and one of the most popular fictional characters, it's unfair not to strive to make an AAA game about him!

:up: Not going to argue with that.

Just sayin that I fully expect A tie in video game, be it based on the new film or not.

Source? I thought Activision had to make a game every 3-4 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"