The Inevitable Video Game Thread

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' started by Green Goblin, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Airnick RTTS

To be honest WOS is probably my favorite Spider-Man game (unpopular opinion I know) but yeah USM came out in 2005...I'm actually yet to finish that game. The Electro chase in Times Square gave me so much trouble haha.

2. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

Spider-Man '00/'01 is my favorite game thus far. The sequel was decent, but didn't touch the original.

3. Airnick RTTS

The original Spider-Man game for the PS1 is just a classic, that game is pretty much my childhood lol.

4. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

Right?! It was everything I wanted in Spider-Man at the time. For later favorites, SM2 and USM are there.

I also remember liking Spider-Man: Friend or Foe when I was little, too. Odd choice, but being able to play as villains alongside Spider-Man was a new concept to young me. :funny:

Have the highest of hopes for Spider-Man PS4.

5. ehh iono

The Electro fight in USM is what the times square battle in TASM2 should have been.

I love both PS1 games, but especially the first one.

[​IMG]

6. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

:hmr:

So many quotes I remember, too.

7. ehh iono

All of those quotes... you're going to make me tear up.

8. AlluAllu Registered

I thought that the first TASM game was fun. I felt the camera's placement to be very cinematic and the Spider-slayer boss fights were amazing.

9. Nicko-Ray Madness

^ Have to agree with both points. Loved the camera when it came to the swinging. Maybe a little too close but I hate how other games have the camera too far. Real picky about that.

10. Galactus123 Registered

I'm pretty sure there won't be a game based on the movie. The PS4 Spider-Man game will be released on the same year I guess.

11. Spider-Aziz Farewell, Silver Perm Friend

USM is easily the best Spider-Man game released by Activision, mostly well rounded and cleaned of most glitches.
    I love the wall jump mechanics, and letting a cop shoot a thug he's chasing to hear him say "Thanks Spidey" while all I did was stick to a wall nearby and watched.

Moving mechanics, swing kick, wall bounce, and I guess the web strike are the best stuff in WoS.
    If you couldn't finish the Electro chase, I wonder what you'd feel like about fighting Beetle taking control of Venom, that was a nightmare on first try.

That one might be the first Spider-Man game I played, and the reason I play Spider-Man games.
    Played it when I was almost 14 years old, adored it.

12. ehh iono

It would be cool if you could modify the camera's proximity to Spider-Man in these games.

The swinging in TASM looked great, but it was pretty boring to control. It was made to look cinematic but it never felt satisfying like in SM2. Just hold down a button and swing.

13. ItchyWebShooter Spider-Signal Included

Agreed, it was an awesome (if somewhat slightly underwhelming) follow-up to the Spider-Man 2 game, and everything has been downhill since.

Spider-Man 2 takes the cake for me, but this game is probably more dear to my heart. What an incredible adventure it was.

FoF was really fun for the first couple levels--as a concept--plus getting to see the extended universe of the Raimi films per se...but after awhile it became very boring and repetitive. Loved getting to see all the Raimi characters get slightly stylized animatics in it though!

YOOOO, screw that level! lol Most frustrating thing of all time, man.

The swinging in Spider-Man 2 is the closest we've yet to be to actually experiencing web-swinging. God, those mechanics were amazing. I could free roam that NYC all day.

14. spiderman2 Registered

Spider-Man 2 and ultimate I think are easly the 2 best Spider-Man games and the only truly great ones. Shatterd deminsions was really really good but just below being great. Over all I liked WOS because its combat was sick but the story and the voice acting was not that good. I never played Spider-Man 3 but I thought about getting it so I could have Spider-Man 1-3 games lol. I also never played friend or foe just looked to different and kidy.

The first amazing Spider-Man game was sort of good the second one sucked. I love the amazing Spider-Man movie I know unpopular opinion but the game was way way worse. Graphic wise it didn't really look like a ps4 and man the game was so so short. I did like the I think it was called web rush feature in those games though where you could pick a spot and he would like go to it and jump like has soon has he gets there or something. It looked good and was very spidy like.

15. Spider-Aziz Farewell, Silver Perm Friend

This comment tempts me to play Spider-Man 3 again.

When it comes to the Vicarious Visions game (PS2, PSP, Wii), the PSP is easily the best one, more polished and has a little more content.

TASM2 is a downgrade in certain areas, and an upgrade on others, but the feeling of disappointment in that game was overwhelming even without the Hero/Menace system into account.
    And it is indeed short, I finished it in 5 hours, sat playing the game for one day, didn't take me a week or a month to attempt to finish it.

16. ItchyWebShooter Spider-Signal Included

God, it took me ages to beat Spider-Man 2 back in the day, but I've never really been an avid gamer by any stretch of the imagination, either.

17. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

Just a friendly reminder:

Also, (Norman?) Osborn is running for mayor. :woot:

18. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

19. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

20. Spider-Aziz Farewell, Silver Perm Friend

Can't be any other Osborn.

21. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

Harry, maybe.

22. Spider-Aziz Farewell, Silver Perm Friend

Doubt we have a 30 years old Pete, Harry won't be eligible for that position.

23. Techno Bacon Just imagine an avvy.

I'm gonna be basic and say my favorite Spider-Man game was and always has been Spider-Man 2 on PS2.

Ultimate Spider-Man is a damn good game, but the traversal isn't as good as Spider-Man 2's imo. Which edges it out for me.

24. ehh iono

I remember struggling to defeat Doc Ock in the final battle back then. Eventually I got it and it was very satisfying.

I think the only issue I had with the game is that there was nothing to really do in NYC. The crimes and side missions got repetitive, and NYC felt sort of empty. One day we'll get a Spider-Man game in a sandbox NYC that feels full and highly populated with tons of things to do.

25. Marvel Spider An Insomniac.

I wonder if Insomniac is privy to Homecoming materials and took some inspiration from the web-pits and utilize them in the game similar to how they function in the movie. That would offer an interesting gameplay mechanic.