The Flash The Iris West/Candice Patton Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As if that's going to even last the season. :o

Yeah, I think as soon as Iris comes around to Barry, Barry's going to be with Mary Jane Patty Spivot or Killer Frost.

No wonder he is still hung up on Iris even after meeting Felicity, just look at her!
If they make her a great character too then it's no contest.

I'm feeling sorry for Barry now. Friend zoned!

I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind settling for friendship.

Yeah, I think as soon as Iris comes around to Barry, Barry's going to be with Mary Jane Patty Spivot or Killer Frost.

If that happens, he'd kick them to the curb once he finds out shes interested.

I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind settling for friendship.

There's nothing wrong with friendship. It just sucks to like someone that way and they don't feel the same way. Hence, the sympathy/empathy.

And they released this too...

[YT]7TBnBNteb8o[/YT]

Yeah it sucks, but you can't make someone fall in love with you.

She just posted this on Instagram. Think I'm going to have to check this episode out

10488595_298773786958087_1274908918_n.jpg

No wonder he is still hung up on Iris even after meeting Felicity, just look at her!
If they make her a great character too then it's no contest.

From all the clips so far, she seems really pleasant, which is a breath of fresh air. So tired of all the angst on the CW.

If that happens, he'd kick them to the curb once he finds out shes interested.

Oh, come now, you know she's going to have the revelation and then run to find Barry and see him having his first passionate kiss with Patty/Caitlin and will be so heartbroken and so glad that Barry has found a great girl she won't have the heart to try and break it up, and that is precisely how she'll describe it to him in the following season finale.

And if Barry finds out after he's already in a serious relationship? That'd put him in a very difficult position, Iris knows that and actually cares about him regardless of their relationship status, so it's doubtful she'd do that. And when Barry figures it out anyway, he's not going to drop Caitlin who is a great person who loves him because Iris has come around. That's a mite *****ey for the shy everyguy.

Or Maybe he will make the difficult call, maybe he'll fail to rescue Caitlin from a power-giving explosion while rescuing Iris Shado-style and that might lead to some Killer Frosty attitudes.

Man... I need to write for the CW. *Goes to work on GL Pilot script*.

Last edited:
Oh, come now, you know she's going to have the revelation and then run to find Barry and see him having his first passionate kiss with Patty/Caitlin and will be so heartbroken and so glad that Barry has found a great girl she won't have the heart to try and break it up, and that is precisely how she'll describe it to him in the following season finale.

And if Barry finds out after he's already in a serious relationship? That'd put him in a very difficult position, Iris knows that and actually cares about him regardless of their relationship status, so it's doubtful she'd do that. And when Barry figures it out anyway, he's not going to drop Caitlin who is a great person who loves him because Iris has come around. That's a mite *****ey for the shy everyguy.

Or Maybe he will make the difficult call, maybe he'll fail to rescue Caitlin from a power-giving explosion while rescuing Iris Shado-style and that might lead to some Killer Frosty attitudes.

LOL I was just about to say, your descriptor sounds just like the CW.

Hopefully it isn't melodramatic like when Chloe catches Clark kissing Lana. That was so groanworthy.

Huge change big change....but damn shes foine

Wow..I could really buy and see what you just wrote really taking place on the series.haha

I wouldn't be surprised if Killer Frost is used as the "transitional" love interest for Barry as a means of preventing his eventual hook up with Iris...and hell, they'll probably use Barry having feelings for Iris and Frost learning about this being one of the reasons why she goes rogue...I mean look what they did to Slade.

I just hope that this version of Iris doesn't end up becoming as bad as Lana or Laurel did...(wow..Two L's...it'd be eerie if Iris's name started with a L as well while taking a similar path.lol)

Lets not put that in the universe.

Iris from what we've seen seems too chipper to go down that territory anyway.

Lets not put that in the universe.

Iris from what we've seen seems too chipper to go down that territory anyway.

After seeing Slade's downfall center on his "feelings" for Shado...I really wouldn't put it past these producers.

... but, but... the Mirakuru, it made him ca-raaaazy, see!

But I honestly think these producers have learned their lesson with their female lead, and they seem to be bringing Laurel back from the brink so, super duper kudos to them. I think Iris being the antithesis of Laurel is part of that.

Well it definitely helps that Barry didn't sleep with Iris's sister while being in a relationship with her that resulted in her being presumed dead for 6 years, which resulted in the divorce of her parents while she had to deal with her father becoming an recluse alcoholic at times.lol

And it seems like they're aiming towards having Iris being interested in doing bigger things than being a simple coffee girl, with possible hints towards her wanting to become involved with the Police force.

Wow..I could really buy and see what you just wrote really taking place on the series.haha

I wouldn't be surprised if Killer Frost is used as the "transitional" love interest for Barry as a means of preventing his eventual hook up with Iris...and hell, they'll probably use Barry having feelings for Iris and Frost learning about this being one of the reasons why she goes rogue...I mean look what they did to Slade.

I just hope that this version of Iris doesn't end up becoming as bad as Lana or Laurel did...(wow..Two L's...it'd be eerie if Iris's name started with a L as well while taking a similar path.lol)

His hate for Oliver had little to do with Shado. It's an excuse he made up, he hated him long before Mirakuru made him insane. He says as much in the final fight.

I thought Iris was the weakest part of the pilot. I just thought she was poorly written, with a forced attempt at chemistry. So far she is simply there as the girl Barry has to win over.
Wish they would maybe do something fresher with it.
Maybe introduce her to Barry and the audience at the same time, so both of us can be on the same page and fall in love with her at the same time, instead of relying on some made up pre existing relationship we just have to believe.
Maybe have The girl chasing after the hero for once instead of the other way around.
It's a traditional case of another poorly written woman in TV. Odd that I feel her inclusion seems to be more for a female audience.

Spoilers?

I would agree that her writing was very weak, however, I think the actress turned it into something really likeable in the context of the show. It was clear that she really cared for Barry and was believably oblivious, which is no mean feat. When her reveal came it didn't make me feel betrayed, but it made sense for the character. That's a feat, and if it's not in the writing, it must be in the delivery.

But yeah, I hope her character gets a bit more nuance, and I think, as before, it'd be really cool if she's chasing him season 2 or something.

His hate for Oliver had little to do with Shado. It's an excuse he made up, he hated him long before Mirakuru made him insane. He says as much in the final fight.

That makes absolutely no sense at all. Slade had initially said they were brothers. When he overheard what happened to Shado by Ivo, that's when he began to hate Oliver. So it does have to do with Shado. I mean, he even hallucinates (and speaks to) Shado. The Mirakuru intensified his mind further.

Last edited:
That makes absolutely no sense at all. Slade had initially said they were brothers. When he overheard what happened to Shado by Ivo, that's when he began to hate Oliver. So it does have to do with Shado. I mean, he even hallucinates (and speaks to) Shado. The Mirakuru intensified his mind further.

What can I say? People are complicated, we can hate and love the same person all at same time depending the time of day.

Well it definitely helps that Barry didn't sleep with Iris's sister while being in a relationship with her that resulted in her being presumed dead for 6 years, which resulted in the divorce of her parents while she had to deal with her father becoming an recluse alcoholic at times.lol

No, this time the hero will be sleeping with his own (adopted) sister lol.

No, this time the hero will be sleeping with his own (adopted) sister lol.

If your adopted sister looked like that. There is few men who wouldn't be like " we aren't related by blood"

What can I say? People are complicated, we can hate and love the same person all at same time depending the time of day.

Or it was simply the writers trying to pull something out of their asses in order to justify Slade still hating Oliver even after being cured of the Mirakuru. There was literally NOTHING in his previous actions that indicated that he hated Oliver. Quite the opposite, he seemed to see Oliver almost as a brother in arms. No, it was definitely the Shado thing combined with the Mirakuru messing with his head that did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"