Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
And in the battle with Hulk at Culver University in TIH, the US Army engaged the gamma goliath; but the extent of SHIELD involvement was only that Black Widow was "watching over him."

SHIELD was watching over Banner, not Black Widow. Hence the whole "We even kept interested parties off your scent" comment.

SHIELD was watching over Banner, not Black Widow. Hence the whole "We even kept interested parties off your scent" comment.

I think he meant what happened in the tie in comics.

Black Widow was there during the Culver University battle and the Harlem Battle.

Just got back from Oz and I have to say - IRON MAN 3... best 3D ever! I was literally blown away by the depth of field it had. It was the first time I saw 3D and truly felt like I was right there in the moment. I'm unsure if they just picked the coolest scenes for the trailer or if the whole film feels that live but.... WOW!

just fyi, everyone will feel this when watching a trailer for 3D.
The actual movie may have a different experience. I remember Avengers was not that good 3D experience

Yeah the 3D in Avengers was a big distraction for me. Hoping IM3's will be better.

i would definitely watch it in IMAX, usually the theater near me gets sold out immediately, but this time i will get my seat

just saw OZ on the big screen in 3D and the iron man 3 trailer in 3D was SIIICKK!!! my god I can't wait for this film

Yeah, 3D was great for Iron Man. Everyone went nuts at the trailer. Also Star Trek 3D looked pretty sick too!

I think it will just be like another mad scientist, Killian in this case maybe or a higher up we don't know about yet (Leader maybe?). Who is trying to replicate the serum or possibly modify it in this case to make a superior race. So maybe not a replica but a modification or something.

Interesting theory....but Leader might be the wrong direction there: what you just described sounds like a ton of Captain America villains. Skully, Arnim Zola, Crossbones, Lukin, MODOK, just to name a few. There's a good chance that you're looking at a lead-in to Cap 2, with Steve's nemesis there turning out to be the real brains behind AIM and Extremis.

Interesting theory....but Leader might be the wrong direction there: what you just described sounds like a ton of Captain America villains. Skully, Arnim Zola, Crossbones, Lukin, MODOK, just to name a few. There's a good chance that you're looking at a lead-in to Cap 2, with Steve's nemesis there turning out to be the real brains behind AIM and Extremis.

Even more so if it's like..zemo or something

Even more so if it's like..zemo or something

Him, too. :cwink:

Or Von Strucker, Viper/Madam HYDRA, Sin....like I said, just about anybody in Cap's rogues' gallery could fit that bill of trying to duplicate the SSS for purposes of "racial purity."

yeah Caps villians make more sense than Leader, he was just the first smart guy I thought of haha. Seems like be a pretty smart route to take to connect the universe even more even if it's only slightly hinted at in this movie. Then leads into a Cap2 storyline. IM3 and Cap2 have to have something contingent between them since they're the two movies of this phase that are "grounded in reality" more-so than GotG and Thor2.

It would also be kind of cool to see a leftover Extremis 'solider' or two go against Cap in his movie or something too haha

I'd like to see a connection between AIM and HYDRA in Cap 2.

yeah Caps villians make more sense than Leader, he was just the first smart guy I thought of haha. Seems like be a pretty smart route to take to connect the universe even more even if it's only slightly hinted at in this movie. Then leads into a Cap2 storyline. IM3 and Cap2 have to have something contingent between them since they're the two movies of this phase that are "grounded in reality" more-so than GotG and Thor2.

It would also be kind of cool to see a leftover Extremis 'solider' or two go against Cap in his movie or something too haha

Yeah. Though I am tired of all the super soldier attempts. Like to see some other sources of super powers

The actual movie may have a different experience. I remember Avengers was not that good 3D experience

I never recalled it being that multi-dimensional though in the trailers. Unless, as said, they took the best 3D shots and put those together which is possible. I'm hoping it's not though because if it is that quality the whole way through as said -- :wow::wow::wow:

Some of the post-converted 3D this year is looking great. IM3, Star Trek: Into Darkness, MoS. I'd swear they were each filmed in 3D.

Yeah. Though I am tired of all the super soldier attempts. Like to see some other sources of super powers

Yeah i hear ya, although I don't know where the majority of most villian/heroes powers come from lol. Not a comic reader so I really only know the popular ones :dry:

But I guess it makes sense for using the SS serum since it's the most well known (basically only) source of superhero ability in the world of the MCU. (stark - no powers, hulk - freak accident, thor/loki - born with them, hawkeye/widow/fury - normal, cap - super soilder) and most villains are serum spinoffs or enhansed by power suits. Thanos and GotG should really bring a different breed of superpowered people though right?

Last edited:

In the tie-in comic book, which is considered canon, Natasha was the agent sent to Culver University to watch over Banner. She was there when he transformed and I believe she also made it to Harlem for his fight with Blonsky.

484762_10151475993187290_925763464_n.jpg

7 weeks for me but whatever. :)

April 25th! Here I come.

and for that laugh and lauding it over people like me that have to wait for 5/3, may the brute/Hulkbuster armor that is your avatar have a close encounter with your car!

DO u guys think Marvel will do what they did with Avengers and have free fan screenings in select cities a few weeks before IM3 opens? I got one for Avengers and it was the best cinema experience i ever had.

I thought Avengers had some of the best 3d I've ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back