Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lettering on the helmet does not look like "UN" to me. I'm not sure what it is but the white paint is in more of a 45 degree angle than a straight up and down like an "N" would be.

well there is a curvature on the helmet, and a shattered helmet anyway.. it could be bad photoshop work.

UN helmets have the UN symbol on the front, not lettering. The lettering is on the side:

blue-helmet.jpg

there's another helmet hanging on the wall... there's not 2 caps

also, you can really tell if the logo is there with all those holes and what not in them?

there's another helmet hanging on the wall... there's not 2 caps

Where do you see another helmet on the wall? The is a slightly blue-ish painting over his left hand shoulder.

just a thought but what if it says "AIM".. Kinda looks like a shot up M

Where do you see another helmet on the wall? The is a slightly blue-ish painting over his left hand shoulder.

same color of blue, round object, and looks like a helmet from a over view angle.. doesn't look like a painting to me at all

it even has similar bullet holes.. and what might be blood dripping

Yeah, after looking very closely the one doesn't appear to be Cap's WWII helmet and I could see were there could be another on the wall. Not sure they are UN helmets but that would seem to make the most sense.

luks like a couple of us were right...
they are leading up the trailer with character posters...
Im ssooo excited to see a theatrical poster

Im really really hoping that Mandarin doesnt turn into another Ivan Vanko

same color of blue, round object, and looks like a helmet from a over view angle.. doesn't look like a painting to me at all

it even has similar bullet holes.. and what might be blood dripping

Yeah, that might be it. It does seem to of a similar size to the helmet below. It could just be a helmet hung up behind Mandarin.

I like the Mandarin medieval thinking pimp pose poster.

I know the sun glasses are there to send some sort of message vs Tony, or his American influence (or something like that) but I think the poster would be cooler and more of a statement if he wasn't wearing them (maybe even was just holding them instead) and make for a more menacing image.

never noticed that one haha! pretty sweet

also @CherokeeSam go a few pages back and respond to my message to you last night haha! I thought we had a nice discussion on the Killian/Mandarin relationship going before the Mandy poster was posted.

Yeah, the new Mandarin poster just reinforces my opinion about his character and role in the movie. The fact that they released Killian's poster before Mandarin's is an unspoken hierarchy, imho --- Iron Man being the most important character in the movie, followed by James "Buddy Cop" Rhodes, then Killian, then Mandarin, with Pepper probably to follow. Heck, maybe even Maya --- Rebecca Hall might have more screen time than the trailers would tend to indicate.

Plus, the Mandarin in this poster looks exactly like what I've described --- an Osama/ Fidel/ Che/ Carlos the Jackal wannabe terrorist/rebel targeting the Evil Capitalist Empire of America, dressed out in the trappings of cultures he barely understands. Killian is playing him like a fiddle.

I know the sun glasses are there to send some sort of message vs Tony, or his American influence (or something like that) but I think the poster would be cooler and more of a statement if he wasn't wearing them (maybe even was just holding them instead) and make for a more menacing image.

I think those sunglasses are Tony's, another trophy that Mandarin took after the mansion attack.

Yeah, the new Mandarin poster just reinforces my opinion about his character and role in the movie. The fact that they released Killian's poster before Mandarin's is an unspoken hierarchy, imho --- Iron Man being the most important character in the movie, followed by James "Buddy Cop" Rhodes, then Killian, then Mandarin, with Pepper probably to follow. Heck, maybe even Maya --- Rebecca Hall might have more screen time than the trailers would tend to indicate.

Plus, the Mandarin in this poster looks exactly like what I've described --- an Osama/ Fidel/ Che/ Carlos the Jackal wannabe terrorist/rebel targeting the Evil Capitalist Empire of America, dressed out in the trappings of cultures he barely understands. Killian is playing him like a fiddle.

seems plausiable but I hope not. I'm surprised you're okay with it (assuming this is the angle you want) since you seemed before to like everything to relate as closely as possible to the books not have a character be "in name only"

Boss at CBM was sent these. He doesn't know if the concept art is 100% legit considering some random person emailed them to him.

8497743201_58ac699887_b.jpg
8497743211_88999ef21a_b.jpg

Last edited:
^ Are those real?

And I like how Mandarin is stepping on Tony'd helmet and wearing his shades. Total badass. I guess Mandarin keeps trophies from all his victories, which is where his mix of styles come from.

Boss at CBM was sent these

8497743201_58ac699887_b.jpg

the 2nd one reminds me of Ninja Turtles for some reason lol. Like Metalhead or something haha.. I would assume that might be a Hulkbuster design?

also that first one is beautiful! Hope we see it on film!

Boss at CBM was sent these

Hulkbuster?

seems plausiable but I hope not. I'm surprised you're okay with it (assuming this is the angle you want) since you seemed before to like everything to relate as closely as possible to the books not have a character be "in name only"

I wasn't a fan of them adding Mandarin at all to the movie. Mandarin is a very offensive racial stereotype, and the filmmakers originally said the same thing. Dunno why they changed their minds --- maybe Feige pressured them to find a way to get Tony's iconic archnemesis in. In any event, the only smart way to put a caricature like Mandarin into a film is to make the caricature too dumb to recognize how offensive and how stupid he really looks/acts.

So yeah, Mandarin's an INO; but that's the only way you could get him into the picture. Trying to make him the comic-book Fu Manchu or stereotypical Chinese Triad leader would have had the Chinese and Asian-Americans up in arms. It's a smart move to play him the way I believe they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"