Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don't think they are sentient armors as wouldn't that imply they are thinking for themselves like Ultron? I believe these armors are all being controlled by Tony's mind, but perhaps it will be the first steps towards sentient armor and the creation of Ultron as others have speculated.

Surfer

Yeah, right. I'm just used to calling them that. Great excuse for dopiness I know :oldrazz:

If the supposed spoilers are any indication, the suits are Extremis powered [BLACKOUT]and in the final battle, Maya Hansen disables them by turning off Extremis or something like that.
[/BLACKOUT]

Well I don't think they are sentient armors as wouldn't that imply they are thinking for themselves like Ultron? I believe these armors are all being controlled by Tony's mind, but perhaps it will be the first steps towards sentient armor and the creation of Ultron as others have speculated.

Surfer

Extremis armor + Mind or Power Gem = sentient armored being aka ultron

Some other news on the site that shall not be named regarding Pepper falling from a crane into a fiery pit. I wonder if RDJ was talking symbolicly or if there is actually a scene like that? Lol

Surfer

Wonder where that exactly is.

It's
AIM's stronghold. It's a dockyard in South Florida, and it's where the final battle takes place. The new trailer puts all that together.

Sorry, just one more thing I saw.

The scene with Pepper looking upset and scared at the 1:29 mark could possibly be part of the same scenes in the lab at the 1:35 and 1:36 marks where I believe the soldiers are going to recieve the Extremis virus. The mechanism around her head kind of looks similar, but can't say for sure.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Surfer

AIM's labs. This is where Killian creates his Extremis army, injecting people --- voluntarily or involuntarily --- with the Extremis virus.

The 4chan spoiler thread had mentioned a scene where Pepper apparently gets an arc reactor put into her by AIM, but I think he just didn't understand the scene.....more likely that she's just getting injected with the Extremis virus like the other soldiers. That would also explain why she's kicking armored ass in that other scene you're asking about. Your guess is as good as mine as to who's in that armor, though. I'm almost inclined to say War Machine based on the color, but it's hard to tell until we see it in HD.

Didnt the trailer indicate that [BLACKOUT]this is AIM's some hideout place and the iron army is arriving to that location?[/BLACKOUT]

Yes. Yes, it did. :)

Some other news on the site that shall not be named regarding Pepper falling from a crane into a fiery pit. I wonder if RDJ was talking symbolicly or if there is actually a scene like that? Lol

Surfer

Probably just part of the final battle. It looks like a ____LOAD (fill in the blanks with whatever superlative you choose) of 'splosions take out the AIM docks.

Yeah, right. I'm just used to calling them that. Great excuse for dopiness I know :oldrazz:

If the supposed spoilers are any indication, the suits are Extremis powered [BLACKOUT]and in the final battle, Maya Hansen disables them by turning off Extremis or something like that.
[/BLACKOUT]

that reminds me [BLACKOUT]where the hell is maya hansen in the trailer?[/BLACKOUT]

I just realized that this is the third straight IM film where the final happens in the dead of night.

So [BLACKOUT]Pepper is getting Extremis?[/BLACKOUT]

Don't see how that's a different version of trailer 1 when it has different music and is far shorter. And where's this international trailer?

it was released around the same time as the first trailer and it has 2 scenes not in the U.S. Trailer. it was Japan's first iron man 3 trailer... and yes the point is that different countries can get different trailers.

it was released around the same time as the first trailer and it has 2 scenes not in the U.S. Trailer. it was Japan's first iron man 3 trailer... and yes the point is that different countries can get different trailers.

Us trailer was released in October, Japanese trailer in December.

Us trailer was released in October, Japanese trailer in December.

It's still Japan's trailer 1...

47e8dbce_Point_over_your_head1.jpeg

Extremis armor + Mind or Power Gem = sentient armored being aka ultron

Yeah, maybe but I could also see the Sentient Armor / Ultron being a result of Tony using the Extremis Virus to connect to JARVIS which perhaps helps him control all the armors (somewhat similar to what someone just mentioned) and then perhaps when the the Extremis Virus is destroyed it causes a power surge back at JARVIS, which then causes an an anomaly in the program causing JARVIS to become the first computer to have a consciousness. Then in a future movie Tony gets Hank Pym involved to investigate the source of how JARVIS is able to think for itself, and PYM in turn learns and uses this peculiar coding as the foundation for building and creating Ultron.

Just a thought!

Surfer

I was just looking at Stephanie Szostak's IMDB's page and it says that her character is
Bethany Cabe..?

I was just looking at Stephanie Szostak's IMDB's page and it says that her character is
Bethany Cabe..?

Yeah, but everyone knows that IMDB is not always reliable.

Surfer

Oh, and welcome to the hype Alex1397

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"