Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, maybe. reposting it tho. I actually wasn't very into the idea of this many different suits when we first heard about it early on but I'm warming up to it after seeing them.

For the new thread...

High Res Textless Poster via Guhndoi
ibmHGo4yL23SNk.jpg

I have nothing to say. Speechless. Wow

I dunno, maybe. reposting it tho. I actually wasn't very into the idea of this many different suits when we first heard about it early on but I'm warming up to it after seeing them.

The Xenomorph suit!!!:lmao:

Isn't there one that's a newer version of the MKV armor? Where it is layered and retracts? I'm guessing that's it.
No, those are the traditional Iron Man armors where the arms fold which Tony uses in the comics back in the 60s and 70s.

It may be the Asgardian Destroyer Armor.

Is that stealth armor above space armor?

Reminds me of the Engineer suit from Prometheus.

The Xenomorph suit!!!:lmao:

Yeah that's what comes to mind right away, like a carapace or chitinous exoskelton.

Just guessing...maybe the Asgard Armor?

Might be. I expected it to look a little more like the Destroyer, with the flat bands but maybe that's too literal. he could strip it down I guess.

Just guessing...maybe the Asgard Armor?

No, those are the traditional Iron Man armors where the arms fold which Tony uses in the comics back in the 60s and 70s.

As a Thor fan, I am not happy with the treatment the destroyer has gotten in the mcu. Thor destroying it, shield making it a gun, now stark? Outside of Odin, the destroyer should easily be the most powerful thing so far in the mcu, using it to make weapons and new armor, not okay in my book. Anyone. Else agree?

My guess is that it's a lightweight armour?

Here are the closeups of the armors from the high-res poster...

sY1pmMz.jpg

vSe22EH.jpg

3BJOu3f.jpg

g191pEC.jpg

7H3qcGp.jpg

YarRcwb.jpg

xh3rX7X.jpg

I can see the bottom armor being the Aquatic Armor and the above the Space Armor is Stealth Armor.

As a Thor fan, I am not happy with the treatment the destroyer has gotten in the mcu. Thor destroying it, shield making it a gun, now stark? Outside of Odin, the destroyer should easily be the most powerful thing so far in the mcu, using it to make weapons and new armor, not okay in my book. Anyone. Else agree?

doesn't bother me at all.. I didn;t know what the destroyer was before Thor, so seeing as they made it a strong weapon that Loki controlled that was destroyed and never recovered to Asgard, it makes sense Shield and Stark would try to replacate it, since it was so strong and is the only other worldly device they have possession of.

The Space armor is my new favorite, followed closely by Heartbreaker.

With the gun to beat the destroyer yes I am a little upset. But if they are in fact going to stick to the Extremis story arc, Extremis was the beginning of Iron Man being OP in the Comics. After that arc he was pretty much one of the most powerful characters in the universe given his physical power and resources. Do I think in that, or any suit should Tony be able to walk up to the destroyer and shut him down? No of course not but I do think he would be able to at the very least defend himself.

Also just based on logic, each character has to progress individually to become more and more powerful. Especially if they expect the current cast to be able to handle Thanos and have it be believable.

Last edited:
If we see that Heartbreaker in action, it better have a huge unibeam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"