The JAWS Appreciation Thread

That artwork is awesome. Is that second page supposed to be Quint? Or is that the boater who was eaten in The Pond (or whatever the "kiddie pool area" of the beach was called in the movie)? Not that it truly matters, I'm just curious.

It's the boater. If I posted a screencap of Quint's death from the manga, I'd probably get an infraction. His eyeball pops out of his socket and everything. If you google "Jaws manga", it's one of the first images to show up.

It's the boater. If I posted a screencap of Quint's death from the manga, I'd probably get an infraction. His eyeball pops out of his socket and everything. If you google "Jaws manga", it's one of the first images to show up.

Cool. Good to know.

Happy 40th to Jaws!

Smile, you son of a b***h!

jPk9pXR.jpg

Oh my God yes. I have to watch this tonight now.

Watched my blu ray today for the anniversary. The blu transfer is really good btw for anyone looking to upgrade.

I wouldn't. The first is the only film I've ever seen that I'd call perfect.

The story of Quint's time on the USS Indianapolis is the only thing resembling a good idea that I've ever heard. And even then I don't want it. What made that story work so well was that it was only told via dialog. It's left to your imagination to picture how horrible a time that would have been for the sailors. No movie will ever do it as much justice as our own imaginations.

How would you guys approach a modern day Jaws film?

There should be multiple sharks and the lead character should be a female sheriff with a haunted past who wears short-shorts on the job.

Greenlight?

There should be multiple sharks and the lead character should be a female sheriff with a haunted past who wears short-shorts on the job.

Greenlight?

Played by an actress that shows lots of cleavage. Yasmine Bleeth maybe?

Who else is seeing this in theaters tomorrow for TCM's classic special?!

Simply one of the best films Hollywood ever made:[YT]IUI46Fe6m1A[/YT]

Who else is seeing this in theaters tomorrow for TCM's classic special?!

It'll be in theaters again on the 24th, which is when I'm hoping to see it. Wasn't alive when it originally came out so I really want to see it on a big screen. Anyone know if this 40th Anniversary theatrical release has any remastering?

I just watched "Blackfish" for the first time on CNN last night...not to sound morbid, but I think there could be a really, REALLY good shark movie in there somewhere (at least one that wouldn't be another "Gorgo" rip-off - I admit I also watched J3 again earlier in the day - and hopefully The Asylum would be kept the hell away from it...).

To clarify: a thriller centered around the ethical question of keeping in captivity an animal that really probably shouldn't be kept in captivity. It wouldn't be hard to get the audience on the side of the shark within that kind of framework.

Last edited:
It's the greatest blockbuster of all time. Watched my blu ray last night and it never stops being perfect. It will always be my favorite film.

I always find myself waffling between Jaws and Raiders as best blockbuster ever. They are both about as close to perfect as you can get.

My favourite movie of all time and the reason I' am afraid to go into the water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"