The Job Thread

I'm a video editor and on slow days like today. All I do is goof around and go on the hype. :D Today is a good day.

what do you edit in Las Vegas? videos of showgirls? *wishes*

change securty footage for sketchy pitbosses? *dangerous*

Union electrician, I can access the Hype on my cell phone but I don't have enough memory to do more than look at the front page.
But there some boards bookmarked on my phone that I can post, takes way too much time though, so I just browse as a guest. :ninja:

Iron Worker in connecticut.I build steel framed buildings.All sizes &shapes.Been doing this for17 years.I have the greatest job.My wife says I'm obsessed,I prefer dedicated.

That sounds great! Where's that?

I go to the Art Institute of Las vegas. I edit for my school. I turned down a higher paying job as a phone salesman for this company called Embarq for the experience of working in my field and learning tons of stuff. Good Choice I think. :up:

what do you edit in Las Vegas? videos of showgirls? *wishes*

change securty footage for sketchy pitbosses? *dangerous*

lol

One day. One day. I'll be editing showgirls.

The videos on the strip are CRAP. I could edit circles around them.

Iron Worker in connecticut.I build steel framed buildings.All sizes &shapes.Been doing this for17 years.I have the greatest job.My wife says I'm obsessed,I prefer dedicated.

Is that you on an I beam in your avvy?

Pretty much what I do. At the end of the day, whether I sell 1 chair or 10, it's not like I'm getting extra money, but there's no need to be a dick.

I guess that's good if it's not your talent that brings in the customers and sells the chair. That way, if your sales ability lacks, it doesn't cost you. On the bad side, if your talent isn't what moves the chairs, you're just a body to your employer and easily replaceable because anyone can do it. If your talent is what moves the chairs, you better hope that whatever they pay you is worth the per hour time is worth the money they're making on your labor. Going the 100% commission route is cool if you have an established clientele or years of experience, but some of the best success is in combo pay situations - salary + commission.

Web Developer specializing in .NET/C# apps.

I surf/post from work all the time. I'm very productive in my work, and always get projects finished ahead of time, so my boss doesn't care what I do in between, as all the bad stuff is blocked by our network anyhow.

I'm a film projectionist. Ummm...That's it.

-TNC

I'm a animator for Day 1 studios. I worked on games like F.E.A.R and before that I worked at EA games.

I go to the Art Institute of Las vegas. I edit for my school. I turned down a higher paying job as a phone salesman for this company called Embarq for the experience of working in my field and learning tons of stuff. Good Choice I think. :up:

lol

One day. One day. I'll be editing showgirls.

The videos on the strip are CRAP. I could edit circles around them.

Sounds like you got a cool thing going on there! Best of luck :up:

I always watch CSI and want to know what it's like to live in Vegas :o

Military...almost 18 years. 790 days to retirement! :D

So you're one of the guys who keep the Chinese sweatshops in business then.

I wish that was true, it would save us alot of money. :csad:

We go overseas twice a year to Shenzhen and Shanghai to check the fty's and make sure everything is on the up and up. Also, companies we work with such as Skechers and Wal-Mart have to approve the fty's so they bring inspectors in. We don't allow mistreatment of workers or bad working conditions, and our customers wouldn't allow it. :cwink:

A hot mom in booty shorts walked into the office today. Picking up some tickets she had won, and then said.."have a nice day!" She wanted me :heart:

:whatever:

I wish that was true, it would save us alot of money. :csad:

We go overseas twice a year to Shenzhen and Shanghai to check the fty's and make sure everything is on the up and up. Also, companies we work with such as Skechers and Wal-Mart have to approve the fty's so they bring inspectors in. We don't allow mistreatment of workers or bad working conditions, and our customers wouldn't allow it. :cwink:

Well, at least you get to take a trip to China out of the deal. That's cool. :up:

And I must say I'm surprised we have yet to see a fast food worker in here. I figured there'd be at least one. :huh:

A hot mom in booty shorts walked into the office today. Picking up some tickets she had won, and then said.."have a nice day!" She wanted me :heart:

:whatever:

You should start following her around when she goes out. Call her at 3 AM breathing heavily in the phone. Put raunchy pics of you in her mailbox with a lipstick kiss on them. Chicks dig that stuff. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"