Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

Schumacher's films, BTAS, TDKT, BvS... What else?
You just named it. Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Batman v Superman.

Edit: I got to pay more attention when reading stuff. I read that as movies instead of universes.

Non clown face live action Jokers.
DnUDMdbXoAIjIYE.jpg

DnUDMdbX0AAZqLo.jpg

latest

DnUDMddXcAEGT2Y.jpg

You just named it. Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Batman v Superman.

Edit: I got to pay more attention when reading stuff. I read that as movies instead of universes.
Ah, right! :)

It’s probably just because the character’s name is Arthur and that haircut but I’m getting Dudley Moore vibes from Phoenix, lol.

And he’s faced the worse villains in the current GOP.

Josh Pais? The guy who played Raphael in TMNT 1990?! Nice!

I am curious about the casting choice and hopeful of the departure of Leto's Joker, but I cannot fathom a Joker story without Batman, just as the same as making a batman story without a compeling villain. Impossible.

I am curious about the casting choice and hopeful of the departure of Leto's Joker, but I cannot fathom a Joker story without Batman, just as the same as making a batman story without a compeling villain. Impossible.
Your avatar is from Azzarello's Joker. Take Batman out of that story, and it wouldn't really have that much of an impact. A good Joker story can be told without Batman IMO.

Your avatar is from Azzarello's Joker. Take Batman out of that story, and it wouldn't really have that much of an impact. A good Joker story can be told without Batman IMO.

Au contraire, i believe that the ever-present, first psychological and then real threat that Batman represents in that comics is all too important to Jokers motivations! It's the narrator that is oblivious to the real chess-like, cat and mouse game that is being played by this powerhouses.

Ps. This new forum format if awful, I hate it...

You don’t see the draw in seeing one of the greatest living actors take on the role of one of pop culture’s greatest villain?
No, I really don't. DC/WB should shift their focus to fixing what is broken.

I'm all for independent films on various characters, but what does a film about the Joker actually provide? Where's it leading? What's the grand purpose of it? If there's sequels, where are they headed? What about Batman (a strong character in the Joker mythos)?

This Joker project is, quite frankly, a joke (pun not intended). It's similar in mindset to how Joss wanted a Batgirl film so one was given the go-ahead or whatever. Thankfully that never came to pass. Someone obviously just wanted to do a Joker film and DC/WB just said "sure, nothing else we've got is working at the moment, so why not?"

No thanks!

m1ll3r, again, it's an Elseworlds story. All of these character dynamics that we've come to know from the canon don't exactly come into play here. You either need to check that stuff at the door, or this type of thing just isn't for you.

This is no different than a graphic novel like Red Son, that poses a "What if?" scenario that throws out our preconcieved notions of who these characters are. The only difference here is the medium. It's a fun little creative exercise. And if the movie doesn't float your boat, you ignore it and move on. There will be plenty of other Batman/Joker confrontations to come in future films. This doesn't shut that door.

As for Batman's involvement in this, barring a time jump at the end I don't see how that's possible considering Thomas Wayne is alive and well here. Unless of course this version of Batman is active even with his father still alive. But then we go right back to getting hung up on the semantics of the canon.
Then this story isn't about The Joker. It's just a story about a guy with issues.

No, I really don't. DC/WB should shift their focus to fixing what is broken.

I'm all for independent films on various characters, but what does a film about the Joker actually provide? Where's it leading? What's the grand purpose of it? If there's sequels, where are they headed? What about Batman (a strong character in the Joker mythos)?

This Joker project is, quite frankly, a joke (pun not intended). It's similar in mindset to how Joss wanted a Batgirl film so one was given the go-ahead or whatever. Thankfully that never came to pass. Someone obviously just wanted to do a Joker film and DC/WB just said "sure, nothing else we've got is working at the moment, so why not?"

No thanks!

Oh my God. A movie is a freakin' movie. What does "Goodfellas" provide? Or whatever? If it's great and you enjoy it you can watch it over and over again. That's what it provides. People are way too fixated with future plans and universes these days. Do people even know what a movie is these days?

"No thanks"? Cool, don't go see it. There's plenty of other people who are interested in it.

Yeah, obsession with "universes" these days is just absurd... What has happened to appreciation of finished singular stories?

Unfortunately people don't seem to be able to discuss or appreciate finished singular stories anymore? If you've noticed, it's mostly not even about the movies anymore on these forums. It's all about how the universe will be built, who and what is going to be added. How they are going to connect this to that. The discussion used to be much more fun and stimulating before all that crap.

Josh Pais? The guy who played Raphael in TMNT 1990?! Nice!
To this day his "Damn!" scream still echoes throughout New York City. True story.

Then this story isn't about The Joker. It's just a story about a guy with issues.
Yep. Called it a while back, guys. :funny:

You're right. It is a story about a guy with issues, and how he eventually becomes the Joker. I think you left out that tiny winsty tidbit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"