Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

I feel like unless they just have a massive stick lodged up their behinds per the norm regarding these types of flicks, Phoenix is a lock for a nod at the Academy.

Jesus, this actually looks closer to a horror movie than a traditional drama. He's getting awards for this, even if it's not an Oscar, who cares?
I honestly could see this getting a best cinematography nomination along with potential for ones like best picture and best actor.

Last edited:
Marketing is finally ramping up! I love that fridge tease.

The direction really feels like some kind of indie film. Even if they're small clips, they can give you an idea of how the cinematography for this movie is going to be: A small simple film.

Marketing is finally ramping up! I love that fridge tease.
Yeah but I'm still worried as to how the general audience's perception/interest in this will be. Already seeing a lot of Facebook commenters coming in with the "gonna be ****, don't waste your money" , "pretentious Oscar bait" etc etc type of rhetoric

They don't want a deep character study they want a supervillain romp like Venom.

They don't want a deep character study they want a supervillain romp like Venom.
Well, a main argument from some is " it doesn't resemble The Joker of the comics at all", and idunno if that's exactly the case. I don't see how a Taxi Driver/King of Comedy origin doesn't fit The Joker.

Twitter is already going insane with this one. They say things like "Incel fantasy", and some accuse Phillips of being a conservative and a lot of crazier ****. Literally they only hate the movie for the only reason Joker acts like a terrible person in the script and does a lot of bad ****. I'm not joking.

The worst is that some of the guys that say those kind of things are supposed "film experts" that somehow aren't expert enough to understand protagonist doesn't mean hero. I mean, have they ever watched A Clockwork Orange, American Psycho, or, idk, any classic film?

Is it just me or is it getting crazier out there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"