• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

tumblr_pwyh3yLBbs1uezmbko1_540.gifv

tumblr_pwyh3yLBbs1uezmbko2_540.gifv

tumblr_pwyh3yLBbs1uezmbko3_540.gifv

Awesome, awesome trailer.

"Murray, one small thing. When you bring me out can you introduce me as Joker".....I loved that. This trailer cements my belief that this is going to be a very sympathetic take on the Joker. It seems like everyone around him is a *****ebag to him. The little kid on the bus, he makes him laugh, and then the mom turns around and is like "Stop bothering my kid".

If this follows The King of Comedy model, it'll be up to the viewer's interpretation whether what Arthur is experiencing is an accurate depiction of how the world really treats him. From what Phoenix and Phillips have said in interviews, the world my treat him unfairly, but it's his decision to respond with violence.

The trailer is great. I feel very confident that I'll enjoy this movie.

However, I'm basically divorcing it from it's comic book source material. It seems more inspired by 'King of Comedy' than the Batman comic books.

I am happy to see that the Joker is going to appear on a live, late night show. Obviously, that makes me think that we're gonna have a scene where he kills everyone in the crowd ala The Dark Knight Returns.

My annoyance that this won’t have Batman in it rises equally with my expectations of how good a movie it looks like it’s going to be... and this trailer suggests it’s going to be very good!

I would live a gif avi of Joker licking the paintbrush or struggling to walk shirtless with the white face paint in the house

Love the cinematography, really like the acting but I'm superbly unconvinced about the story and setting.

Character study films usually aren't heavy on plot.

I understand that, but nevertheless the setting and plot that can be appreciated (i know it serves the purpose of driving the character narrative) bothers me more than it should. I already know it will deny me of enjoying this fillm wholly.

tumblr_pwyhtyIc3W1uorz8zo2_540.gifv

I love the creepy little smile he ends the line on.

If this follows The King of Comedy model, it'll be up to the viewer's interpretation whether what Arthur is experiencing is an accurate depiction of how the world really treats him. From what Phoenix and Phillips have said in interviews, the world my treat him unfairly, but it's his decision to respond with violence.
From his own perspective, he's the one who's standing up to the Society, but I'm sure they will show us equally valid second (but diametrically opposite) pov, where the Joker is not someone who needs sympathy as his actions make him a villain.

The cinematography in this adds Scorsese like movie charm to this.

Last edited:
This has some of the best cinematography i've seen in a long time

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"