• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

:hehe:

But even then he had the Bruce Wayne stuff to fall back on.

Haha true. In all honesty, I still love Batman 89 but (at times) it does feel like more of a Joker movie than a Batman one.

Haha true. In all honesty, I still love Batman 89 but (at times) it does feel like more of a Joker movie than a Batman one.

Oh for sure. And Returns pushed him back even further in the story in favor of Penguin and Catwoman. But we can't ever accuse Burton of having Keaton just being some virtually silent figure throughout the movies no matter how much the narratives were villain focused.

Lets entertain the unlikely event that he goes up against a Batman, Phillips has already poured cold water on the notion that he will be facing Reeves' Batman. So what's the alternative? Cast another Batman, and have two different Batmen going at the same time?

I want to push back on Todd Phillips' comments a bit. It may not be something he personally envisions happening, but if WB/Reeves came to Phoenix with an incredible opportunity and a brinks truck full of money, I don't know if Phillips is going to have the ability to stop it from happening.

Now, whether Phoenix or Reeves actually want to pursue that is a totally different story. It's pure speculation at this point, but I'm very open to the idea. Especially because it still would allow this Arthur-Joker to exist as its own stand-alone thing.

Coming out of the film I just couldn't help but feel like I really would love to see Phoenix's take on a fully-formed Joker.

I want to push back on Todd Phillips' comments a bit. It may not be something he personally envisions happening, but if WB/Reeves came to Phoenix with an incredible opportunity and a brinks truck full of money, I don't know if Phillips is going to have the ability to stop it from happening.

Now, whether Phoenix or Reeves actually want to pursue that is a totally different story. It's pure speculation at this point, but I'm very open to the idea. Especially because it still would allow this Arthur-Joker to exist as its own stand-alone thing.

Coming out of the film I just couldn't help but feel like I really would love to see Phoenix's take on a fully-formed Joker.

Yeah obviously if WB wants to do it then its out of Phillips' hands. But he was quite confident in saying "No definitely not" when asked could it ever happen. No hesitation. No kind of "You never know/its too early to tell/we never discussed that" type of answer. Just a firm no. So he's either acting outside his authority range, or he knows something we don't.

Either way he gave a firm no to it.

tumblr_pbyqnhKPxo1x0bvwko1_540.gifv

Guarantee WB is getting ready to court the pair to continue this in some way. I think seeing this world's version of Batman would be really interesting, especially since he would represent the 1% in a way, it makes the Joker/Batman dynamic interesting in a new way.

Also, I think the way Joker and more broadly, a man in clown makeup made the city turn on it's head, kind of paves the way for theatrical villains/criminals to make their debut in Gotham as a form of escalation.

I would guess WB is going want to do more with Phoenix in this world or Reeves Batman. I would be shocked if this is really a one off. They would probably hand Phoenix a blank check and tell him to write down the number he wants.

You know what, I’m gonna eat my words. After i saw it friday, and loved it, i said i had no desire to watch it again. Letting it stew over the weekend...i wanna see this thing again. I think its one of those movies you just need some tome to let the trauma wear off on you LOL

Last edited:
Lets entertain the unlikely event that he goes up against a Batman, Phillips has already poured cold water on the notion that he will be facing Reeves' Batman. So what's the alternative? Cast another Batman, and have two different Batmen going at the same time?
Thing is, Phoenix could play another joker that isn't the version we saw in Philips movie. The odds of that happening are slim, but who knows and Philips seems like he doesn't want Phoenix to crossover into Reeves Batman. I think it's even more unrealistic to have another Batman set in Philips universe going up against Phoenix while reeves is going on. The only way I see it working is if Phoenix plays a different version.

I'd love to see him do a different take. His face alone throughout the movie had that perfect Joker structure.

The scene of him in his apartment, head leaned back, hair slicked back, big smile on his face ... He could easily pull off a more classic Joker.

Would love for this to leg it out to $700m, Gemini Man and Zombieland both sound DOA financially (Maleficent might too), so that'll help. Liked the movie, didn't quite love it; Taxi Driver's my second favorite movie of all time, and it felt too close to that for me. Can understand why others loved it and why some hate it.

‘Joker’ Beating ‘Venom’s Record October Box Office Record With $92M Opening – Deadline

Since Thursday night, Warner Bros./Village Roadshow/Bron Studios’ Joker has over-indexed at the box office. On Friday night, industry estimates had it at $94M, with Warner Bros. reporting a $39.7M opening day, and the town is now seeing an opening that’s north of $95M.

Warner’s number this morning is $93.5M, predicting a $21M Sunday. However, given the momentum of this film, it’s apt to go higher.

Saw it again today and it really does demand repeat viewings. The number of things foreshadowed along with Arthur's underlining psychopathic tendencies were something I picked up on much more this go around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"