Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

That's probably to the movie's advantage more than anything else.

Joker is a CBM. I mean how is it not? It's based on comic book characters, stories, etc. That makes it a CBM. To not consider it as such is just inaccurate. I mean you can do it. But yeah it's inaccurate. I don't know why/how anyone would say it's not a CBM

AS for a sequel, I would prefer a Harley Quinn one. Similar thing, a dark look into Harley's mind. Phoenix would be a supporting role

Last edited:
Just cast his girlfriend Rooney Mara as Harley Quinn and I’m sure those two would have a ball.

After watching Birds of Prey for the first time yesterday I think I've had enough Quinn for a while. Had to watch Joker on Netflix to cleanse my palate. Still amazing.

I wish it were connected to The Batman somehow.

After watching Birds of Prey for the first time yesterday I think I've had enough Quinn for a while. Had to watch Joker on Netflix to cleanse my palate. Still amazing.

Well the good thing is Harley is a constantly evolving person in the movies, so Harley in David Ayer's SS is different from Harley in BoP and Harley in James Gunn's TSS is different. As we see her at different points in her life, her character evolved (paraphrasing from Margot's recent interview)

After watching The Batman trailer, I think Joaquin’s Joker would fit perfectly in the world of The Batman.

I finally got around to watching The King of Comedy recently and ... Yes, obviously there's SOME homages and similarities, but to call it "plagiarism " or a "rip-off" is a bit ridiculous imo.

... Although it might've accidentally been a better Joker movie in some capacity lol

Infact, the relationship he has with the woman who helps him is a good template for Joker and Harley .

I finally got around to watching The King of Comedy recently and ... Yes, obviously there's SOME homages and similarities, but to call it "plagiarism " or a "rip-off" is a bit ridiculous imo.

... Although it might've accidentally been a better Joker movie in some capacity lol

Infact, the relationship he has with the woman who helps him is a good template for Joker and Harley .

Yeah I don't think Joker is a rip off of The King of Comedy or Taxi Driver either. If anything, Joker is Todd Phillips' love letter to those films.

So it would rewrite the ending of Batman 1989 and Joker never died?

ECw76bRW4AAZVTW

source

Last edited:
Ah, I still remember the US media overreactions and hyperbolic shots against this movie as if it was yesterday. :hehe:

Ah, I still remember the US media overreactions and hyperbolic shots against this movie as if it was yesterday. :hehe:

The extent to which the media and some on social media were practically salivating for this movie to inspire a mass shooting was more unsavory than the movie itself.

Don't get me started. I will admit, when Joker got all those Oscar nominations, that did put a smile on my face because, coupled with the accolades and box office results, it was an utter smack in the face to any and everyone who wished that this movie would be the one to spur some massive, violent event.

Plus, as everyone here knows, when you watch the movie, it's not even really that violent. It's more a slow burn to when you get the really violent moments when Arthur kills, and even those times are few and far between.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"