Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

I wonder if Joker 2 is ever made the general audience will be confused or not about these different Batman universes what if a Joker that is not Phoenix appear in The Batman movies? or a new Batman that is not Pattinson in Joker 2 or 3? it seems that the focus of Warner attention is The Batman story so they could cancel Joker 2 in favor of a Joker from The Batman universe i hope that dont happens I think DC would benefit from having more alternative lines to the DCEU

Doubtful they’d completely abandon a Joker sequel to avoid confusion from some members of the general audience. The original came out shortly after Leto’s portrayal and that didn’t stop the box office success.

Í hope we get more news about Joker 2 soon whatever if its a cancellation or a confirmation anything to get out of this current limbo we may have to wait until DC Fandome

Í hope we get more news about Joker 2 soon whatever if its a cancellation or a confirmation anything to get out of this current limbo we may have to wait until DC Fandome

I honestly think that ship has sailed...

I would rather WB put money into other projects, writers and give us quality... not blockbusters.

Disagree. I think some people are too precious about the Joker. It still feels like the opening act of his story to me.

I suspect this is precisely the type of project that Zaslav would get behind. Low budget, high reward.

Disagree. I think some people are too precious about the Joker. It still feels like the opening act of his story to me.

I disagree. I think the story was told. I think a sequel will ruin the vagueness of what was real and what wasn't.

I will still see a sequel but I would rather it not happen.

I half agree, dhandler. I actually do want a sequel, but that's my one real caveat in having one: that it doesn't provide a definitive answer as to what aspects of the story actually happened and were exaggerated, and what aspects were totally a creation of his mind. It's going to be a really tough balancing act, presuming they don't try to provide those answers.

Last edited:
Arthur dont become Joker until the end of the movie it will be awesome to see a movie with him being Joker a full time and i dont like the new Barry Kheogan Joker i want to see more of Phoenix

It just might go a direction a few wouldn't want it too, that's my fear.

Also, do you then integrate a teenage Bruce for a split second cameo? I just don't see the demand for this, however, I think we all know, even if it makes half of what it did first time round, not he budget we expect, it's a financial success...

I half agree, dhandler. I actually do want a sequel, but that's my one real caveat in having one: that it doesn't provide a definitive answer as to what aspects of the story actually happened and/or were exaggerated, and what aspects were totally a creation of his mind. It's going to be a really tough balancing act, presuming they don't try to provide those answers.

Yeah I guess that is a better way to explain how I feel too.

I wonder the reason for not making Joker 2 is that is Rated R and that could affect the perception of The Batman maybe some kids will not watch The Batman 2 or 3 if a Joker 2 came out i would love to see more Villain movies if Venom, Deadpool and Suicide Squad can have Sequels why not Joker?

I honestly think they should leave Joker alone.

I'm not a huge fan of Joker, but I think its effective use of ambiguity is one of its stronger aspects. That's why I don't want a sequel. It will ruin the ambiguity of the original film.

The film was designed as a standalone story. It wasn't meant to be a franchise starter. Let it be.

uuuuh, why?
4917038d8bbd7fe362bed691690c7da4.jpg

Hey, if it potentially expands on that DC Black Label idea that Phillips had, I'm all for that. More off-brand and non mainstream stuff that doesn't fit into the DCEU- just let a director come up with a vision and go wild with that.

Having Todd Phillips pitching an idea for a different stand-alone film than usual and giving him free reigns to make it happen was great and felt organic. But them going as a studio to the same director, only because his film was massively successful and their overall universe isn't, to try and mimic the same recipe he applied in his film to more projects, it starts to feel a bit forced and desperate. It's like trying to catch lightning in a bottle multiple times and it's something that might end up flirting with formulas, which is exactly what they don't need right now. If Philips was approaching the studio with a new idea it would be different, but the opposite has me feeling very cautious.

Toby Emmerich has been fired from WB and it looks like Walter Hamada’s days are numbered as well. David Zaslav is looking for new DC leadership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"