Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

Toby Emmerich has been fired from WB and it looks like Walter Hamada’s days are numbered as well. David Zaslav is looking for new DC leadership.

Business as usual for business mergers.

I have no idea, maybe that DC Black idea he supposedly pitched a few years ago.

Still very weird!

I certainly hope so, because I really like the idea of a proper DC Black Label division for the live action films. Marvel already beat DC to the punch with cinematic universes and using the multiverse concept in said-cinematic universe(s), so it'd be a clever move to lean more into the out of continuity projects for live action like with Joker and The Batman.

I certainly hope so, because I really like the idea of a proper DC Black Label division for the live action films. Marvel already beat DC to the punch with cinematic universes and using the multiverse concept in said-cinematic universe(s), so it'd be a clever move to lean more into the out of continuity projects for live action like with Joker and The Batman.
From what I remember, Phillips pitched 2 other movies. One of them was rumored to be a Luthor movie. Joker would be the first in the trilogy that would introduce the DC Black Label. He said the other two projects would be helmed by other two directors but didn't say the names. I wonder if they finally will go ahead with the idea.

If Zaslov wants him to over see the Black Label , I wouldn't mind, though I wouldn't want him to have a Snyder like role over other characters like WW, Aquaman, Superman, etc.

The Batman should be Reeves's domain .

Uh huh...sure. Didn't they say he had a draft done already like 3 months ago? (I swear it was discussed by all of us)

These people have no clue.

The first Joker really was lightning in a bottle. I understand there's probably lots of straw-grasping going on over at the WBD merger but I wouldn't expect a sequel to have anywhere near the same cultural impact...

I really hope they go with the DC Black Label thing and make more movies like that, maybe set in the same universe or with vague references to each other, but still contained in their own story. I think a Constantine movie would fit that perfectly. Or finally let Del Toro make that Justice League Dark movie he wanted to make.

I still think a Clayface standalone would work using Feet of Clay as a basis. A revenge tale with an element of horror and callbacks to classic horror actors like Boris Karlof.

I still think a Clayface standalone would work using Feet of Clay as a basis. A revenge tale with an element of horror and callbacks to classic horror actors like Boris Karlof.
A Batman villain that probably will never be adapted unless the director really wants him like Raimi and Sandman.

These are the movies i want to see if DC Black Label is a reality
Joker Trilogy
Lex Luthor
Minutemen
Superman movie Red Son,Kingdom Come or Calvin Ellis
Constantine
Jokerverse Batman i want this Batman to be an updated version of Adam West

This might be an unpopular opinion, but if the subtitle refers to Harley, that honestly gets me interested. As much as I love Margot Robbie's version, I was still disappointed by how Suicide Squad (like a lot of things) mishandled the Mad Love storyline and seeing an alternate take on it throughout the whole movie would be intriguing to me. Just really diving in-depth into how much of a toxic relationship those two have.

On the other hand, also not against the idea of the battle of the Jokers especially if the one Phoenix faces is played by Willem Dafoe. :hehe:

Damn, there was an user in SHH (and I am so sorry I don't remember the nickname, beg your pardon whoever you are - but you deserve all the credit) who said worked in a set Joaquin was filming in Canada (probably "C'mon C'mon", I guess) and word from people there is that he didn't make exactly a secret he was going to be back with Todd for more Joker soon after and that movie was a job he wanted in between

This was like one year ago!

Goddamn, dude was right. Crazy stuff. :wow:

Wonder if he keeps the same makeup design or changes it up.

A Batman villain that probably will never be adapted unless the director really wants him like Raimi and Sandman.

I can dream and it's fun just to put the idea out there.

So either two Jokers or Harley Quinn.

Or Joker and Batman depending on how you interpret their relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"