Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

tumblr_o9k0033Fyb1qbwsdco4_250.gif

:funny:

Hello all, I have been lurking around here for a while and simply had to register to make this post.

From what I personally believe to be true The Joker origin movie has an aim of kick-starting the new hopeful alternative DC Dark franchise. The film will feature both Thomas and Martha Wayne as well as Alfred Pennyworth and a young Bruce Wayne. We are very much likely to see the death of his parents that results in Bruce becoming the Batman later on in his life.

Yes we will see a young Bruce Wayne for most of the movie. Towards the end of the movie there will be a ‘10 years later’ scenario, fast forwarding at least ten years on where Batman officially begins. The film for the most part serves as an origins movie belonging to the Joker however the ending strongly serves as a set- up for a continuation in this universe (if they choose to make more films involving Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker). It really depends on how positive reactions are from critics and audience. Those in charge of the movie know they have latched on to such a great, talented actor (Phoenix) that has potential to create huge success in this potential series if ever they decided or came to an agreement to bring him back as the Joker in future films. They are being careful with who they choose as the new Batman for Reeves’s film. Everything needs to be done right.

Also, they have held off production on Suicide Squad 2 until nearer the time Joker is released as they want to see how successful this Joker origins movie is and whether they can then decide a continuation (which means all focus on this new approach). If so Jared Leto will no doubt be out as the Joker after SS2.

Ben Affleck has likely been dropped and with more official confirmation still to come. The studio are currently searching for a fresh new face to play the Dark Knight, someone who is obviously going to be younger (Batman in his 20s on-screen) seeing as the Joker origins movie will fast forward a good couple of years nearer the end. Noah Centineo is currently being eyed.. This timing will set up the appearance for the new Batman. The Batman (Matt Reeves) will have likely ties with the Joker origins movie also. Hopes are to start shooting & filming in Spring/Summer 2019 with a late 2020 release - the following year from when the Joker film is released. Although could get a 2021 release date. It is not much of an origins story and will jump straight in to the action (much of the origins will be seen in Joker). Batman and Joker will have encountered eachother by then although it’s not guaranteed that Joker will be featured in The Batman film.

If all goes according to plan we could be seeing The Dark Knight Trilogy levels of success although only time will tell and so far they have huge boots to fill. Nothing will ever top Nolan’s TDK trilogy although this new approach has the potential to compete well enough, more so than recent outings involving Batman.

Joaquin Phoenix is killing it as the Joker. There is no doubt in anyone’s minds that he will be just as iconic.

Last edited:
There's nothing interesting on the Joker alone that makes him deserving of a stand-alone film, so i expect the movie to
"We’re investigating something that’s just happened, at the start of the piece. We’re trying to get to the bottom of it, and it leads to where it leads to. You know, it’s rare that I’ve been on a set where it feels like it crackles."
This could mean the movie will not be "Arthur goes from point A to point B and becomes the Joker" and the whole backstory will be told in flashbacks.
I feel some people just want to be seen as relevant by praising this as a unique interesting character study - when we fall into this trap you have flops like BvS.
Well this one has low budget so a flop like BvS isn't most likely. I hope people see this WB's attempt at getting an Oscar, by making a movie about a character teens associate with politics for some reason, and that the whole "autheur-driven" thing is a scam, so don't go crazy like you went with Batman V Superman. Still, The Fighter was a pretty good movie so this probably will turn out good too.

Last edited:
Considering their age difference I just don't see how that's possible. But I do agree it's dumb enough to happen.
Thomas conceived Arthur when he was in his early twenties and then he had Bruce later on in life. Simple as that.

So this movie now has an Alfred and young Bruce Wayne.
"WHY WOULD I WANT TO WATCH A YOUNG BRUCE WANYE?" comments are coming. :o
We're basically getting a Gotham movie. :o
Actually Arthur may inspire these clown mobs after he's on the talk show hosted by Robert DeNiro. Kinda like how Jerome on Gotham inspired people in Gotham after he was on tv at the start of season 2.

This could mean the movie will not be "Arthur goes from point A to point B and becomes the Joker" and the whole backstory will be told in flashbacks.

That would be interesting if that wound up happening.

Last edited:
We're basically getting a Gotham movie. :o
Actually Arthur may inspire these clown mobs after he's on the talk show hosted by Robert DeNiro. Kinda like how Jerome on Gotham inspired people in Gotham after he was on tv at the start of season 2.

Maybe A.Fleck will inspire Roxanne Obbie (R.obbie) to become Harley Quinn :o

Well this one has low budget so a flop like BvS isn't most likely. I hope people see this WB's attempt at getting an Oscar, by making a movie about a character teens associate with politics for some reason, and that the whole "autheur-driven" thing is a scam, so don't go crazy like you went with Batman V Superman. Still, The Fighter was a pretty good movie so this probably will turn out good too.

WB already got an Oscar for The Joker.

I like your notion that the whole thing is done out of sequence and with flashbacks.

I'm kind of against Joker being the man who killed Bruce's parents. I prefer the "random act of violence" angle rather than it being some sort of destiny that his arch nemesis is the one who killed his parents. It just makes the world feel less grounded to me.

It just comes off as kind of contrived, imo. But as others have said this is an elseworld story so I am down to watch Todd Phillips do his thing.

It sucked in Batman '89, and it will likely suck here if they go that route. I'm hoping that is a big huge if.

Last edited:
Joker killing Bruce's parents for me is a dumb idea. The Joker and Batman are opposites and their rivalry stems from how they see the world. Having him kill his parents doesn't make for a deeper story, it makes for a more cliche one.

Twist: Joker kills Bruce and this is a Flashpoint set-up.

Extra twist: Joker kills Alfred, Bruce, Martha, and Thomas with one bullet.

I didn't consider B89 plot twist dumb in 90s, but I didn't know anything better. It was just that - a revenge tale of sorts. Only later, with BTAS, graphic novels and so on, it became clear why fans of Batman weren't happy with it.

It doesn't bother me. Never did really. I have my preferences when it comes to the Batman/Joker dynamic, but I don't draw a hard line in the sand.

I liked this guy better than Jack, better Joker lookwise.

latest

Last edited:
Joker killing Bruce's parents for me is a dumb idea. The Joker and Batman are opposites and their rivalry stems from how they see the world. Having him kill his parents doesn't make for a deeper story, it makes for a more cliche one.
this. I really hope they avoid going that way

Thomas and Martha Wayne are still alive and this is a Joker origin movie. Either Joker kills the Waynes or from his influence to get people to hate Thomas Wayne ends with one of his followers killing them.

Thomas and Martha Wayne are still alive and this is a Joker origin movie. Either Joker kills the Waynes or from his influence to get people to hate Thomas Wayne ends with one of his followers killing them.

...which would completely undermine the idea of the Waynes being killed at random, due to the inherent high levels of crime in Gotham. Which would in turn undermine the idea that Batman is driven to stop the same thing happening to anyone else.

It would make Batman an instrument of personal revenge, which is just utterly and completely wrong. I very much hope this isn’t what they do.

It doesn't really matter what drives Batman because he's not in the movie.

...which would completely undermine the idea of the Waynes being killed at random, due to the inherent high levels of crime in Gotham. Which would in turn undermine the idea that Batman is driven to stop the same thing happening to anyone else.

It would make Batman an instrument of personal revenge, which is just utterly and completely wrong. I very much hope this isn’t what they do.

They aren’t mutually exclusive ideas. I’m pretty sure there have been stories where Batman specifically targets Chill because he knows for a fact that he murdered his parents.

I don't know how his hasn't been discussed in here but the Midnight's Edge podcast broke some news from a person they know working on the film who indicated the Wayne family may be the villains of the film with The Joker being depicted as the 'hero' of the story.

I don't know how his hasn't been discussed in here but the Midnight's Edge podcast broke some news from a person they know working on the film who indicated the Wayne family may be the villains of the film with The Joker being depicted as the 'hero' of the story.

Fine with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"