Justice League The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avengers held fan screenings a month in advance with no embargoes. That helped assuage any fears.

Showing confidence in your product goes a long long way to calming the public, and I'm not gonna lie. DC DOES NOT seem to be exuding confidence. They seem timid and scared. It's not a good look. You'd think they'd be screaming from the rooftops how amazing bringing these characters together is. Are we just numb to this sorta thing at this point? Have we gotten that spoiled that something I used to dream of as a child that should be this mind blowing event is now just a..."meh". It's a crazy ass time to be a fanboy.

*Comes into thread and sees Alexandra Daddaro...*

God I love that woman.....Her eyes > everything else.

Tyrese...no, didn't know that, but just checked it out.

Showing confidence in your product goes a long long way to calming the public, and I'm not gonna lie. DC DOES NOT seem to be exuding confidence. They seem timid and scared. It's not a good look. You'd think they'd be screaming from the rooftops how amazing bringing these characters together is. Are we just numb to this sorta thing at this point? Have we gotten that spoiled that something I used to dream of as a child that should be this mind blowing event is now just a..."meh". It's a crazy ass time to be a fanboy.

It's all a bit strange innit?

Gu3ree
It's just with Superman, when they ruin your childhood in a poorly made film, it's kind of hard to get over. Man of Steel may have redeemed some of that for me, but BvS ruined it again. I grew up reading JL comics, and loved the animated series. It would a shame to destroy such a great concept, especially since it will be the first time they're on screen together in live action.

I think we worry about these characters going away but they don't and they haven't.

I also think we expect them, because they are well-known/icons, that they will have an immediate impact, the same as they have in the comics. But as we know, when they become movies they have to earn that rep- it's not automatic, not necessarily immediate but something built up, explored, and figured out.

I don't think it will be destroyed. Far from it. But I don't think the first movie will be the be all and the end all, nor does it have to represent everything the JL is about. There's far too much history for the first movie to cover all that. Just take it as a beginning.

I have found myself lately going back and re-watching the JL animated series, going back to the old stories, so there is a bit of hype going on for me with JL's release. I mean, I'm thinking about it a lot and following it a lot still, every day, so it's obviously still very much something of a big deal.

If some fans are 'meh' towards this movie, you would be better off ignoring this movie till we get some good reviews, else skip it. Just sayin.

I wonder how many comic books exactly Zack Snyder has read other than The Dark Knight Returns and The Death/Return of Superman which he noted as being his favorite, but has he read more than that? I also wonder whether he's watched Justice League TAS...I bet Whedon has.

I wonder how many comic books exactly Zack Snyder has read other than The Dark Knight Returns and The Death/Return of Superman which he noted as being his favorite, but has he read more than that? I also wonder whether he's watched Justice League TAS...I bet Whedon has.

He has probably read Watchmen.

He has probably read Watchmen.

giphy.gif

I wonder if Zack has read and likes Grant Morrison's JL work.

I remember how much he loves the Watchmen graphic novel.

Zack's too busy recording videos of himself throwing objects through hoops.

Thought I remembered reading about some of the deleted scenes. One source said Alfred’s “lets hope you’re not too late” scene was cut out. Was that confirmed?

I had totally forgotten about that scene. With every mention of a deleted scene, the smell of an extended edition becomes stronger.

I really hate how red everyone looks now with Whedons color pallet. God...compare the look of the Arthur Bruce scene from the new clip to the teaser. Looked so much better then.
Bruce and Arthur look so weird now. Especially Arthur.

[blackout]"Can you at least point me to Atlantis?"[/blackout]

I like that.

Gu3ree

I think we worry about these characters going away but they don't and they haven't.

I also think we expect them, because they are well-known/icons, that they will have an immediate impact, the same as they have in the comics. But as we know, when they become movies they have to earn that rep- it's not automatic, not necessarily immediate but something built up, explored, and figured out.

I don't think it will be destroyed. Far from it. But I don't think the first movie will be the be all and the end all, nor does it have to represent everything the JL is about. There's far too much history for the first movie to cover all that. Just take it as a beginning.

I have found myself lately going back and re-watching the JL animated series, going back to the old stories, so there is a bit of hype going on for me with JL's release. I mean, I'm thinking about it a lot and following it a lot still, every day, so it's obviously still very much something of a big deal.

That's the thing though. They've pretty much said that if this doesn't turn out the way they want/hope, then it'll have major repercussions on things going forward. As in...they won't...at least not in this incarnation. So, in a sense, it could technically destroy this version of these characters, and if you happen to like what they're offering up, that can be a pretty upsetting thought. And honestly, I don't think they're gonna be happy with what this movie does. I just don't see this getting WW type praise. DC just can't seem to catch that lightning in a bottle, no matter how hard they try. So far it's tracking to do way less than they were hoping. I know they are fixing to hit that final big marketing push, but this late in the game, everyone knows about the movie. I felt like they were using Flashpoint as a possible do over if this was received poorly, but from what I'm reading, if this doesn't do well, Flashpoint won't even happen. I really feel that that's the reason we haven't heard much about any of DC's other projects. If JL doesn't do some serious business, I won't be surprised if they wipe the slate clean after Aquaman.

I wonder how many comic books exactly Zack Snyder has read other than The Dark Knight Returns and The Death/Return of Superman which he noted as being his favorite, but has he read more than that?

Dude even makes superfriends references in MOS commentary. Dude talked about Miller's Daredevil run once. I would say he has read a lot of comics and not just DC.

Thought I remembered reading about some of the deleted scenes. One source said Alfred’s “lets hope you’re not too late” scene was cut out. Was that confirmed?

It better not be..... :argh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"