Justice League The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
The seeds were planted for this ages ago. "I failed him in life, I won't fail him in death". Bruce was clearly going to pine for and wax poetic about Supes in JL. Also, there's no way that scene is a reshoot. The wig, the lack of bloated face... I'd bet literal money on it.

To me he looks just like he does in the wind up penguins clip, which is clearly reshoot. Some weird **** going on with his lip...

The only scene where Affleck looked bloated was in the jet scene with Alfred, when they were talking about Penguin.

(I think it was a jet they were in??)

Wig looks like Snyder's, so I'm not so sure. It's usually obvious when there's a reshoot, my alarm bells aren't going off on this one.

Seriously, why don't we have a "which wig do you prefer?" thread, with Snyder and Whedon (and Donald Trump as a neutral vote) voting options?

:o

To me he looks just like he does in the wind up penguins clip, which is clearly reshoot. Some weird **** going on with his lip...

Might be just the fact that he's clean-shaven.

The only scene where Affleck looked bloated was in the jet scene with Alfred, when they were talking about Penguin.

(I think it was a jet they were in??)

I believe so, yeah. Affleck actually mentioned in one of the interviews that Bruce has a 777 type of airplane.

Nah. It’s reshoot, I think. All the stuff about how marvellous Superman is would have been added later, I’d say.

"I thought it was really important to have Bruce Wayne be the samurai who goes and finds the other samurai, that to me was important. And with Superman around it’s kinda hard, because Superman’s Superman so it’s kinda hard for Bruce to be like, 'Yeah I wanna put a Justice League together.' It’s like, 'Okay, but maybe Superman should be doing that. You’re just a guy. You’re a cool guy, don’t get me wrong, but you’re just a guy.'"

--Zack Snyder

The scene seems to be in line with Snyder's comments.

@TheRedWraith

Woah. It was discussed at one point how
Cy loses control of his body and attacks Superman against his will. I think him turning to the dark side by virtue of his body taking control would make sense.

Seriously, why don't we have a "which wig do you prefer?" thread, with Snyder and Whedon (and Donald Trump as a neutral vote) voting options?

We absolutely need a TMZ-like section of this forum. :o

"I thought it was really important to have Bruce Wayne be the samurai who goes and finds the other samurai, that to me was important. And with Superman around it’s kinda hard, because Superman’s Superman so it’s kinda hard for Bruce to be like, 'Yeah I wanna put a Justice League together.' It’s like, 'Okay, but maybe Superman should be doing that. You’re just a guy. You’re a cool guy, don’t get me wrong, but you’re just a guy.'"

--Zack Snyder

Oh, I’m not saying I know for sure or anything (obviously) but to me it just feels more like a reshoot scene, after the change in tone and direction.

Honestly, he looks at lot worse in that small reshoot scene in the Aquaman clip.

Even though noticeable, it won't ruin the movie for me.

Oh, I’m not saying I know for sure or anything (obviously) but to me it just feels more like a reshoot scene, after the change in tone and direction.

Several people, including Ezra Miller, have said people would be surprised how many lighter scenes are Snyder's and darker scenes are Whedon's. I don't think spotting reshoots is going to be as simple as dark=Snyder, light=Whedon.

--Zack Snyder

I love how aware Snyder is to the whole situation. It's yet, another deconstruction of the mindset of typically Superman being the one to form the Justice League but here, it's Bruce tapping into the psychological mindset of a man among Gods recruiting other Gods in honor of another God that so happens to act human. It's just brilliant in my eyes and can't wait to see how it all plays out.

I don't think the lighter tone is a result of Snyder leaving. There was talk of Justice League having a lighter tone a month before BvS was in theaters and Zack was going to film the new scenes before he left the movie.

Several people, including Ezra Miller, have said people would be surprised how many lighter scenes are Snyder's and darker scenes are Whedon's. I don't think spotting reshoots is going to be as simple as dark=Snyder, light=Whedon.

Somebody else mentioned that too but the only thing he said in the interview I? watched was that Snyder was making a more “Whedon-esque movie” but didn’t say anything about Whedon bringing in darker stuff. Which interview was it?

This is what Ben looked like during filming when he was doing press for The Accountant

maxresdefault.jpg

anna-kendrick-as-robin-with-ben-affleck-the-batman.jpg

I can see how one can think how some scenes are reshoots

Also Ben in June this year around reshoot time

643629.jpg

Last edited:
Reshoot or not, the point to me is that Bruce's speech feels like a natural progression from the "Martha" moment.
It's the realization of his misjudgement about Superman, that this being didn't let his ultimate power leads to domination and choose to have a kind of an humble life, and the priority to serve people.
When I saw the clip, I immediately remember the first teaser for BvS, where we heard "Absolute power corrupts absolutely". Bruce was in the same mindset than Luthor, fearing Superman but ultimately, he manage to find again his humanity by seeing the real man. Speaking to Alfred, Bruce mentions "Superman" then the name "Clark", he aknowledge the man behind the symbol and to me, that speaks volume about his evolution. This is probably why he recruit the league without mask ; it's a way to show us the man rising above darkness (remember the BvS introduction in the cave ?).
In a way, Superman save Batman, it was him who was in the path to use his power to become a tyran.
Thematically, it's also very in line with the previous installement of the franchise, WW, where Diana choose to see what make the humanity worth it despite the war.

Last edited:
@TheRedWraith

Woah. It was discussed at one point how
Cy loses control of his body and attacks Superman against his will. I think him turning to the dark side by virtue of his body taking control would make sense.

I haven't been following the spoilers, but I thought that scenario up a while ago, as it seemed natural and was supported by footage where he appeared emotionless and almost robotic in the midst of battle. Combine that with the Grid concept and an effort to make a contrast between the timelines where in one the JL is united where Cyborg and Flash (allegedly) are the best of friends, and the other where the JL is fractured, one in which Arthur and Diana are long dead, Batman and Flash are trying to take out a Superman who serves Apokolips that has a cold and emotionless Cyborg as his Lieutenant. All because Batman instead of letting the truth reach him, decided to plunge the spear through Lois as she defended Clark, so that in his dying moments the last thing he saw was a murderous nutcase killing him and the love of his life. This could either lead to Wonder Woman dying while killing DD, or DD never being released, and no remorseful Batman to go on a uniting spree and ultimately no knowledge of a way to revive Superman (not that he'd want to) and instead Steppenwolf does it allowing him to twist and corrupt Clark by empowering his darkness, and allowing it to win. WW if not killed earlier by DD, is killed by Steppenwolf during these events, Cyborg without the empowering presence of the League loses his battle and becomes slave to his Cyborg self, and Aquaman is also killed by the combined might of Superman and Steppenwolf.

I toyed with the idea that Superman supplanted Steppenwolf as Darkseid's #2 but I'm iffy on that one.

Last edited:
MCU forums are boring, right?
all praising with nothing to debate
XD

Reshoot or not, the point to me is that Bruce's speech feels like a natural progression from the "Martha" moment.
It's the realization of his misjudgement about Superman, that this being didn't let his ultimate power leads to domination and choose to have a kind of an humble life, and the priority to serve people.
When I saw the clip, I immediately remember the first teaser for BvS, where we heard "Absolute power corrupts absolutely". Bruce was in the same mindset than Luthor but ultimately, he manage to find again his humanity. Also, Bruce mentions "Superman" then the name "Clark", he aknowledge the man behind the symbol and to me, that speaks volume about his evolution. And this is probably why he recruit the league without mask, it's a way to show us the man rising above darkness (remember the BvS introduction in the cave ?)
In a way, Superman save Batman who was in the path to use his power to become a tyran.
Thematically, it's also very in line with the previous installement of the franchise, WW, where Diana choose to see what make the humanity worth it despite the war.

Yeah that moment from BvS when Bats stopped seeing Superman as a threatening, alien entity and saw him as a person instead, immediately came to mind.

so what is the general consensus after seeing those clips? I'm not really encouraged by what I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"