Justice League The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the bleed line, none of those lines even approach being quotable. And they're never quoted.

Also, ‘The world only makes sense if you force it to’ is from The Dark Knight Returns. It’s been associated with the graphic novel for thirty years.

I honestly think it was a mistake to make Batman a lighter character in JL. Or at least they should have balanced it out with more angsty, cynical moments. He just lacked the epic-ness he had in BVS which made basically every Batfleck hater eat their words. His lines in BVS are so epic and quotable. "You were never a god. You were never even a man" "you're not brave. Men are brave" "I'm older now than my father ever was" "Tell me, do you bleed? You will" "They taught me the world only makes sense if you force it to"

First, quite a few of those lines are from the comics. They were already memorable.

Secondly, those are the lines of a creature of ego. They are more intense and assertive, so they tend to be more memorable. He has been humbled after what happened in BVS. He's more compassionate. His lines in JUSTICE LEAGUE reflect that.

I think there are some pretty darn good lines in the movie, and the characterization is light years "better" from the standpoint of being faithful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"