• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's Faraci's rumor on How Superman comes back to life

Remember that goop chamber in the Kryptonian ship that turned Zod into Doomsday? Yup. Deus ex Krypton strikes again!

Last edited:
Are we sure that's not just a grayscale image of the traditional suit?

It's defs a new suit, the texture is different and more worn out.

Remember that goop chamber in the Kryptonian ship that turned Zod into Doomsday? Yup. Deus ex Krypton strikes again!

More like Chehkov's Gun. The Codex in Man of Steel was the Source of all life on Krypton. And before Jor-El put Kal-El on his 'life boat' he fused his DNA with the Codex.

Last edited:
It's defs a new suit, the texture is different and more worn out.

Still could be his new blue JL suit that was filtered to look grey. Some details are tad different on this suit than on BvS one and texture might be one of them.

More like Cherkov's Gun. The Codex in Man of Steel was the Source of all life on Krypton. And before Jor-El put Kal-El on his 'life boat' he fused his DNA with the Codex.

Indeed. It's not even foreshadowed, but well established, and as such is quite the opposite of deus ex machina. Wouldn't expect of Faraci to know the difference, though.

Indeed. It's not even foreshadowed, but well established, and as such is quite the opposite of deus ex machina. Wouldn't expect of Faraci to know the difference, though.

Shame because now it's going to be spun into something negative and that's how it's going to be regurgitated around the net unless an outlet with integrity and basic knowledge of dramatic principles can set the record straight.

Do you know what is worse than posting a possible spoiler without spoiler tags......QUOTING THE POSSSIBLE SPOILER WITHOUT SPOILER TAGS....AND CALLING THE ORIGINL GUY A NAME WHEN YOU HAVE JUST DONE THE DAMN SAME THING.

Shame because now it's going to be spun into something negative and that's how it's going to be regurgitated around the net unless an outlet with integrity and basic knowledge of dramatic principles can set the record straight.

Yup. Expect plenty of people to be shouting deus ex machina like mindless parrots.

How does that manage to resurrect him if we already see the soil lifting off his coffin?

hoping the codex plays a role in all of this, that would be a great payoff.

So the stand-in for the Fortress of Solitude is going to have a stand-in for the Regeneration Chamber. Sure it's a dues ex machina but it's one from the original story.

I am glad he isn't just gonna be alive naturally. That would've annoyed me seeing as Zod didn't.

You know, I think my other biggest concern right now is how they'll choose to edit this film once they're done shooting this thing. As we infamously saw with the last two DCEU films, bad editing can really harm the reception of the film.

Even if Snyder has a decent script this time, it won't matter as much if Warner Bros forces him to cut out several important plot points and rush scenes quickly so that they can get a shorter screening time.

Speaking of edits, I've meant to ask: Did the Ultimate Cut give you more hope for JL, herolee?

You know, I think my other biggest concern right now is how they'll choose to edit this film once they're done shooting this thing. As we infamously saw with the last two DCEU films, bad editing can really harm the reception of the film.

Even if Snyder has a decent script this time, it won't matter as much if Warner Bros forces him to cut out several important plot points and rush scenes quickly so that they can get a shorter screening time.

I agree. I don't think the general audience needs to be beaten over the head with it like the the Nairomi bullet. But Superman's Return to the land of the living deserves clear and concise exposition.

Otherwise there will be idiots yelling plot hole and 'Deus ex Machina' at the top of their lungs.

I'm open to pretty much anything in regards to the resurrection.

Speaking of edits, I've meant to ask: Did the Ultimate Cut give you more hope for JL, herolee?

My friend's experience with his ex pretty much sums up how I felt about the UC. Long story short, my friend's ex left him at first for no apparent reason and it wasn't until a year later when he found out that the real reason why she left him was because his parents has pressured her to do so, due to the difference in their social classes. (It's a Korean culture thing)

So while the experience still remains painful, at least he has a better understanding of why it happened, even though he agreed that it shouldn't have happened in the first place. And that sums up my initial feelings towards the UC. :o:oldrazz:

I mean I don't hate the UC and I found myself enjoying it a hell of a lot more than I did the theatrical version but it just irks me that Snyder had to position Superman in a place where he won't get to help Batman and WW recruiting the league members.

just have his come back under his own free will. Please.

no mind control garbage. Superman in all his red, blue and yellow glory. And smiles. Sunshine and blue skies too. And kittens. Smiles everywhere. Smiles to the point where the never ending darkness DCEU fans start getting their jimmies rustled, leave the theater and beg their parents to take them back home for some chicken tendies.

I hope this bodes some nod to the RETURN OF story from the books. But... Let's remember what he was wearing in the telepathic scene with Zod in MOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"