'The Last of Us' HBO Series

I think you're right, and it looks like Troy Baker is in the trailer too as one of the guys in David's group.
j2o0wcmyas3a1.jpg

Yeah, that’s definitely him.
I’ve seen people online say that he’s playing James, one of the guys with David that gets killed by Ellie when she escapes David’s prison, based on his similar attire to that character in the game.

It’s funny, because Troy mentioned that he’d like to play a character in the series that gets tortured and killed, and now he’s sort of getting his wish. :hehe:

The trailers/marketing for this has really been excellent so far IMO. They show just enough without revealing too much and by the end of it just leave you wanting more.

Also, I got major RE vibes from that last shot. Like I said before it's really a shame we can't get this kind of quality more often when it comes to videogame adaptations.
Hopefully this will kick off games being taken more seriously as source material for future media projects.

This first season is supposed to cover the entirety of the first game. They’ll probably add in certain elements from the second game, like characters and locations, to set up and plant seeds for future seasons.

I’d imagine they’ll probably also expand on a lot of those events in the timeline we see in the Part 2 flashbacks in the next 2-3 seasons, so we get to spend more time with those characters, get to know and understand them. That way, when that thing happens, we will have had time to process and prepare for it and it won’t feel as jarring.
I have a feeling that that thing might go down better in a show than it did in a game.
It's much harder when you've been playing as/controlling the movements and decisions of a focal character for so long over many hours to see them die, especially in such a horrible and seemingly unfair way. Especially as the focal character in games nearly always lives so it was even more shocking.

This looks so good that it’s hard to believe it’s based on a video game. And yeah, I know that the game is basically an interactive movie, but still. After years and years of crap like Warcraft, Uncharted and Mortal Kombat (2021), it floors me that a video game based show looks this awesome.

Last edited:
WGA Directory says Halley Gross (The Last of Us Part II, Westworld) is on the writing staff.
I’m sure a certain subsection of TLOU fandom that hated Part II and said it ruined the franchise won’t at all use that information as a reason to hate this series and say it will be bad and doomed from the outset because of it, and that any changes made and everything bad was because of her. Nope, not at all. :whatever:

Normally I'd say, "90 minutes is a bit long, don't you think?" or "That's pretty nervy for a pilot episode to be 90 minutes right out the gate" but in this case all I'll say is...

simpsons-hook-it-to-my-veins.gif

Nice. The longest HBO pilots like Westworld and The Leftovers only ran around 70 minutes.
That's gotta be everything leading up to meeting with Ellie for the first time.
I believe so. Based on what they filmed at the time, it seems they combined the first two episodes into one during post-production. That's why the episode count went from 10 to 9.

I was thinking maybe they had extended the opening a bit. Let us get to know
Sarah
a bit more.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"