'The Last of Us' HBO Series

I thought Sonic and Pokemon already did that.

I thought Sonic and Pokemon already did that.
Probably Box Office wise but not critically. I think both have so-so but we’ll liked reviews.

Probably Box Office wise but not critically. I think both have so-so but we’ll liked reviews.
Pretty much. The reactions to the Sonic movies and Detective Pikachu were more or less, "Hey, surprisingly this isn't bad!" and were well received enough by audiences. TLOU on the other hand stands a real chance at being the first critically acclaimed video game adaptation. The A+ story and characters are already there, they just have to stick the landing.

They should've used a less clickbaity headline because that article is good look at the show's development.
Agreed but it is a valid question. I think the chances of it breaking the curse are more high than low though.

Just jumping straight to the fan favorite sequel, I see. Smart move.

It is also good to see that Mazin has his head up his ash just as much as Druckman.

The sequel is even better than the original. TV audiences are more capable of handling Part II's story than gamers are. Gamers will be in shambles if Druckmann gets an Emmy nomination or win for it.

The sequel is even better than the original. TV audiences are more capable of handling Part II's story than gamers are. Gamers will be in shambles if Druckmann gets an Emmy nomination or win for it.

I agree with this I can see TV audiences embracing the direction of the story in the sequel much more.

Though I do think we will get more of Joel in season 2 than I have seen in the sequel so far. I am only at Hillcrest in the sequel but loving it.

I just now realized that this is going up against both the Super Bowl (episode 5) and the Oscars (episode 9, the season finale). The Oscars isn't the ratings beast that it used to be and there'll be far more streaming numbers for this than cable HBO subscribers but that's still a brazen move by HBO.

This show isn't going to last long if they are just going to rehash the games that we've already played. Use the time gap between the first and second game to explore more of the world.

This show isn't going to last long if they are just going to rehash the games that we've already played. Use the time gap between the first and second game to explore more of the world.
I agree, it's implied in Part II that not a whole lot happened action-wise in between games, or at least that's how I took it. But there was still a lot of character drama in that time. I don't see the harm in having just one season to bridge the gap between the Part I and Part II storylines with Part II being adapted in season 3.

What I definitely don't want to see happen is them getting ahead of the source material like Game of Thrones did. If we're still at least 2-3 years out from Part III being released then the show should take an extended hiatus until a year or two after the game comes out.

Still hasn't sunk in for me that we're getting this show in less than two weeks. Feels like yesterday that the first trailer was released.

I think they're gonna have to do this. Otherwise the show will be over after 2/3 seasons.

I think they're gonna have to do this. Otherwise the show will be over after 2/3 seasons.
If the game series ends at Part III and each season were to only adapt one game I wouldn't necessarily call that a bad thing. I wouldn't want to see it become a Walking Dead type of show where they keep milking it for years after it's past its prime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"