The Last of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished the game last night and I must say, Bravo Naughtydog! :applaud I've always felt that Uncharted was a really overrated franchise but this title deserves all the praise it can get. I've heard a lot of people defend Uncharted by saying "your playing a movie" as an excuse for it's running-in-a-straight-line gameplay. But I think The Last of Us does a colossally better job of providing a cinematic feel while still offering some great gameplay, even if it did get a little boring at some points.

I'm honestly a little torn on the ending. [BLACKOUT]I certainly understand Joel's motivation for lying and taking Ellie away from the Fireflies, but I think Ellie herself might have been willing to die if it meant possibly finding a vaccine. It was kind of hard to watch Joel lie to Ellie in that final scene. I'm also a little upset we didn't get to hear Joel sing like Ellie said she'd make him if they made it out alive.[/BLACKOUT]

As much as I enjoyed the game I kinda hope they don't make a sequel. I think it would sort of ruin the ending if they did.

I'd like a sequel, but with different characters.

On the other hand...I also kind of want a sequel that takes place a few years later and Ellie finds out the truth and she's NOT happy.

I'm so torn!!

As you know I hate zombies related games and some you told me they weren't in the game all the time. So anyways I love Naughty Dog's Uncharted games that's the reason I bought it. I can't wait to play later o.

I think you'll be fine. I can't deal with Zombie games at all, but surprisingly I had no trouble with them in this game.

There are a few parts that are really creepy. But once you get the flamethrower it's revenge time for all those moments the infected creeped you out. :)

Anybody else play this game on survival difficulty? No listening mode and very few supplies. Way more intense that way, but IMO it makes the game even more immersive and authentic without being absurdly difficult. No way you could beat it with that difficulty your first time through though.

Honestly the humans are often more creepier than the infected. Try stealthing your way through a dozen or so enemies. They are not only less predictable but the AI is smarter and the music doesn't help as it gets real tense especially when you don't know where they are coming from.

I didn't use the bow early on but later I found it the best thing to handle the clickers, especially since it doesn't make noise like the guns.

Anyone else find the flashlight to be creepy? When you turn it on and off, it makes the same click sound as the clickers. That only psyched me out thinking a clicker was nearby

On the other hand...I also kind of want a sequel that takes place a few years later and Ellie finds out the truth and she's NOT happy.

I'm so torn!!
I wouldn't mind new survivors and the game being open world on the PS4. Now Im not talking a sandbox game like GTA, but you thrown into a large town with the goal of surviving. It could still be a very linear game masked in the guise of freedom, but it would be interesting to see you stay put in one large locale for the bulk of the game instead of traveling across the country.

Last edited:
God, I must have been almost completely emotionally closed off as I played the game. Because I really didn't get any of the tension. I barely even felt anything when certain people died. I think the most emotional I got, was when I got to see that picture for a 2nd time. I actually felt sad looking at it.

Not really. I can tear up easy when I read some Manga of mine and some sad stuff happens. Heck, I got completely teary eyed when a girl gave an emotional speech at her school graduation in an Anime.

But somehow I was able to handle pretty much everything the game threw at me. Even the horror parts that I'm usually unable to handle. Maybe because everything was so realistic? I'm an emotionally closed off person when it comes to my personal life. And being thrust into another scenario with humans interacting, my walls must have automatically come up.

I'm so torn!!
I keep thinking that a sequel should either be a parallel story line or, A continuation of Ellie's story about 15 to 20 years later. Joel has died and she's come to terms with the truth that Joel did what he did to save her because, he loved her. Maybe the Fireflies have grown in numbers and they've finally tracked Ellie down only, they don't want her any more, they want her immune son!

Im really interesting in what the planned single player DLC will be and what will it entail. So many different directions they could take

There are several gaps in the story. The obvious choice would be to let you play during one of these gaps. The time before Fall seems likely

It could take place after the prologue but before the main story begins. An adventure featuring Joel and Tess or better yet Joel and his brother before they had their falling out.

If they wanted to, it doesn't even have to involve Joel or Ellie as they could go in a different direction and have you play as Marlene on her journey out west.

I'm so torn!!
I've seen readings of the ending that suggest in that final shot that Ellie knows that Joel is lying to her but goes along with it because she needs a hopeful story to believe in as he does. In my mind that is even darker, but again, completely in line with the characters and story. It's a fantastic ending.

Anybody else play this game on survival difficulty? No listening mode and very few supplies. Way more intense that way, but IMO it makes the game even more immersive and authentic without being absurdly difficult. No way you could beat it with that difficulty your first time through though.
I'm a few hours into it. It has not been pleasant.

I'm playing on normal and yet I died few times on Outskirts especially where you had make shiv-craft. (spelling?) so far I like it and I'm taking my time with this but I'm hoping for U4 from ND.

According to the intro in The Art of The Last of Us, the two creators were tasked with coming up with the “next big franchise” for Naughty Dog. So I guess we can assume that there will be a sequel. I’d prefer there be no sequel though. It sort of makes the game’s title itself more poignant.

You know, instead of a sequel, I'd want an open world game, like DayZ and State of Decay.

I've just got the Fall and love it so far.
If they do another I'd like to see other characters in different areas of the world, maybe the 3rd/4th could wrap it up with the world getting back to normal decades later.

You know, instead of a sequel, I'd want an open world game, like DayZ and State of Decay.
thats exactly what a sequel could be and something I mentioned earlier

God, I must have been almost completely emotionally closed off as I played the game. Because I really didn't get any of the tension. I barely even felt anything when certain people died. I think the most emotional I got, was when I got to see that picture for a 2nd time. I actually felt sad looking at it.

OK yeah...you are emotionally numb. :)

But only while playing this game. I don't know why. :(

Let's not forget the announced single player DLC, which has the potential to give full closure to the series or hint at new stories.

I thought it ended perfectly, but I did want to play more of it when I was done. So I'm really glad we'll get some single player DLC.

Let's not forget the announced single player DLC, which has the potential to give full closure to the series or hint at new stories.
or just fill in the gaps in the story, which I think it will do. I dont see it occuring after the events of this game and giving anymore closure than what we got

I want some DLC that focuses on Joel during the 20 years.

I heard about this yesterday and I'm happy this was done and he accepted.

Subway map artist and Naughty Dog settle The Last of Us complaint

(14 hours ago)

Naughty Dog has apologized for the unauthorized use of an unofficial Boston subway in The Last of Us. The map, examined intently by protagonist Joel above, wasn't made by the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority or Naughty Dog. It's the work of a Portland-based artist named Cameron Booth, who posted earlier this week that it was used "without permission or payment."

He attacked Naughty Dog for stealing the work, and wrote (in a since-deleted post version) that he believed it unacceptable "to casually appropriate someone else's work and incorporate it into their game without any discussion."

Since Booth revealed his complaint, Naughty Dog has reached out to him and Booth has now deleted his initial post, replacing it with the news that an agreement has been made. "It seems as if matters will be resolved to everyone's satisfaction shortly," Booth now says. Booth also apologized for his "initial vitriolic post," adding that both sides share "a lot of mutual respect for each other's creative work."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"