The Lighthouse

nite-owl

Avenger
Reaction score
Willem Dafoe in Talks to Star in Thriller ‘The Lighthouse’.

Willem Dafoe is in negotiations to star in the thriller “The Lighthouse,” with Robert Eggers directing from his own script for New Regency and A24.

If the deal goes through, Dafoe will portray an aging lighthouse keeper in Nova Scotia in a story set in the early 20th Century.

Willem Dafoe + Robert Eggers =:jd:

A24, Eggers and Pattinson?

Oh, yes please.

This more and more sounds like a movie made specifically for me. Can’t ****ing wait.

Really sad to click and find out this isn't the name of a BioShock movie.

Very embarrassed to just now be finding out about this.

Robert Eggers? A fantasy/horror film about seafaring folklore? Black and white? Already one of my most anticipated films for 2019.

7f2wAmr.jpg

Cannes: Directors’ Fortnight Unveils Lineup

“Robert Eggers’ anticipated “The Lighthouse” with Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe, Luca Guadagnino’s medium-length film “The Staggering Girl” and Japanese helmer Takashi Miike’s “First Love” are set to unspool at Cannes’ Directors’ Fortnight under the new leadership of Paolo Moretti.

Described by Moretti as a “hypnotic two-hander” powered by Pattinson and Dafoe, “The Lighthouse” is a fantasy horror film set in a mysterious island in New England at the end of the 19th century. Eggers previously directed “The Witch.”

I thought Robert Eggers was working on Nosferatu?

But either way, i'm looking forward to this.

He’s doing Nosferatu after this. Anya Taylor-Joy was cast.

This is going to be so awesome.

stoked! The VVitch was a promising debut even if I didn't love it.

I've linked to some production notes below if anyone's interested. It looks like the cast only has three people in it, and the third person is a bit spoiler-y if you're trying to go into this blind. Avoid page 30 in that case.

imgbox - fast, simple image host

This will also be premiering at Cannes on Sunday (5/19) so we should get some reactions here in a few days.

Also, hyped as ****.

Really excited for this! Love Dafoe and Pattinson, who has really grown as an actor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"