The Lighthouse

4kG8ElY.jpg

In Theaters October 18 ♆

Last edited:
I will already see anything A24 produces at this point. They have the best studio batting average I have seen to date. With that said, this movie looks like it was recovered from a time capsule from the 1920s. This has always been one of my most anticipated films of the year, but it's now second behind Joker.

I like how 90% of the comments on that trailer are people saying this should prove the Pattinson shouldn't be Batman haters wrong.

I really liked the cinematography in the trailer. Maybe I need to watch more movies from the 1920/30s but it reminds me of Vampyr.

I really liked the cinematography in the trailer. Maybe I need to watch more movies from the 1920/30s but it reminds me of Vampyr.
One of my top 5 vampire movies. :up:

"Why don't ya spill your beans?"

I'm imagining if Eggers did the planned Nosferatu remake in B&W. Then again, the original was already in that format.

I have not doubt he would've made it as great (or as close to) the original.

Eggers has said in the past that Dreyer is a big influence on him as a director, so the comparison to Vampyr definitely fits. It has that same stillness that comes to mind when I think of that film.

But yes, you SHOULD watch more films from the 20's and 30's! Especially any films from F.W. Murnau!!! :D

I'm big enough to admit it: I think this one might be too artsy and psychological for my attention span (and the "two dudes who are strangers working in isolation and oooh one has a secret past" is ... kind of cliche). But I liked The Witch, it looks weird, and it has Willem Dafoe in it so I'm definitely on board.

I like what this dude had to say about Eggars resurrecting "resurrect the dreams, nightmares, language and, um, sea shanties of the time." That was the sort of thing that I liked the most about The Witch.

This is has to be one of the most gorgeous looking movies ever honestly. Everything about this screams intense and impactful. October 18th cant get here fast enough

People back then spoke more eloquently but at the same time you had no idea what the **** they were saying.

You practically have to watch The VVitch with subtitles. The vernacular is so archaic it's nearly a different language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"