The Amazing Spider-Man The Lizard: CGI or Practical

That is now my ideal hope for Lizard! The progress of his transformation through the whole film could serve as a great emotional story arc!

And when it gets out of control, Peter has to make an important emotional decision!

That is now my ideal hope for Lizard! The progress of his transformation through the whole film could serve as a great emotional story arc!

And when it gets out of control, Peter has to make an important emotional decision!

That would be cool, in a ways it could be similar to The Fly. Dr. Connors expiraments on himself to regain his arm it gets out of whack, he loses control, wreaks so much havoc that by the end of the film, he almost insists that Spider-Man kills him so that he won't cause anymore harm to himself or others

That would be cool, in a ways it could be similar to The Fly. Dr. Connors expiraments on himself to regain his arm it gets out of whack, he loses control, wreaks so much havoc that by the end of the film, he almost insists that Spider-Man kills him so that he won't cause anymore harm to himself or others

That plot would be great, but it would definitely need another smaller villain to make it more interesting, like Shocker or the Rhino

they wouldn't necessarily be involved with the Lizard, just would make the movie fuller and better

That plot would be great, but it would definitely need another smaller villain to make it more interesting, like Shocker or the Rhino

they wouldn't necessarily be involved with the Lizard, just would make the movie fuller and better

There is another villan in the movie, the 'proto-goblin', from the Ultimate comics, played by an Indian guy from Slumdog Millionaire.

There is another villan in the movie, the 'proto-goblin', from the Ultimate comics, played by an Indian guy from Slumdog Millionaire.

I know that Irfan Khan is cast as Van Atter and I also know that protogoblin is not yet offcially confirmed

He may change to protogoblin later, but I doubt that it will be in this movie

I know that Irfan Khan is cast as Van Atter and I also know that protogoblin is not yet offcially confirmed

He may change to protogoblin later, but I doubt that it will be in this movie

I don't even know what that character is about, but if they don't have him in full on super-villan get up, I suspect they will have him set up some chain of events that will lead into Norman Osborne in the next, or a 3rd movie. Or maybe he will just be a pal of DrConners' or something, but it will probably be a Goblin plotline setup at least. You might see him use some weaponary on someone, if not flying around on a glider or whatever.

the special effects for the transformation in american warewolf in london are fantastic and still hold up. if they can achieve THAT practically then go for it. the makers should aim to scare the kids for life like I was after watching terminator pluck his eye out :woot:

both seems reasonable and the standard for movie special effects.

I think it should be a mix of both
This sounds great in theory, but I happen to think Sony Imageworks blend of GCI/Practical looks horrible on screen. Besides Ock, even their plain practical looks bad. Imageworks and 3D scares the hell out of me.

Co-sign

When the Lizard uses his tail as a whip,instead of using CGI for it,can't they just use crew members to move it,then erase them and speed up the footage.

Any chance they can get to NOT use CGI, the effects crew should take it IMO. I miss REAL camera tricks. Movies just automatically rely on computer effects too quickly these days.

CGI or practical, as long as it looks real (for a giant lizard, that is) and believable (again, for a giant lizard), I'm all for it.

Any chance they can get to NOT use CGI, the effects crew should take it IMO. I miss REAL camera tricks. Movies just automatically rely on computer effects too quickly these days.
Agreed. Sometimes they use it when it's not even necessary.

CGI or practical, as long as it looks real (for a giant lizard, that is) and believable (again, for a giant lizard), I'm all for it.
Agreed. as I said, a combination of both would work well.

I think he should have an appearance more like this

lizardman.jpg

Am I late or did everyone already read about Stan Lee's cameo in the library? He said that he's a librarian and that Spider-Man and the Lizard battle it out in the library.

http://nukethefridge.com/exclusive/nuke-the-fridge-exclusive-stan-lee%e2%80%99s-cameo-in-the-%e2%80%9cspider-man-reboot

I got this link from Marvel Movies on Facebook.

I'm not sure I like this. I hope it doesn't take away too much of the battle itself. I don't want any battle to feel cheesy in any way.

I hate all Stan Lee cameos. I don't care who's directing the film. It's a swift recipe for cheese. Here's hoping it doesn't make the final cut.

©KAW;19551781 said:
I hate all Stan Lee cameos. I don't care who's directing the film. It's a swift recipe for cheese. Here's hoping it doesn't make the final cut.

WOW. You can't stand just a few seconds of cheese? Even some that CREDITS THE CREATOR OF SPIDER-MAN!?

You must have been ripping your ears off at the coat joke in Batman Begins.

"AHHHHH! Serious movie...with...funny...joke...AHHHHHH! Can't stand it! Too much cheese! GET IT AWAY! PLEASE! AWAY!"

It's not that. I can take a cheesy scene or two. But I do hate it when it's during, what's suppose to be an intense battle scene. It breaks the moment for me. I do however hate all of Stan Lee's cameos.

Last edited:
©KAW;19551862 said:
It's not that. I can take a cheesy scene or two. But I do hated when it's during, what's suppose to be an intense battle scene. It breaks the moment for me. I do however hate all of Stan Lee's cameos.

Really? All of them? Even the one where he saved the children from falling debris and didn't say a word?

How do you know this one wont be just him being there. No dialogue just his appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"