The Lone Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Plus I think Hammer is a better actor than Hemsworth.
I strongly disagree there. I've hated Hammer in everything I've seen him in except TSN. I've always assumed the difference was simply that for TSN, he had 100 takes to get it right. Still, I came away from that much more impressed with Eisenberg and Garfield.

Hemsworth, on the other hand, was given a tricky role in Thor that could have easily been laughably bad and had to carry the whole movie, and he knocked it out of the park. He also made the most of some very limited screen-time in Star Trek and A Perfect Getaway.

Last edited:
I like them both but I'll give the edge to Hemsworth only because Armie is the epitome of nepotism, haha.

I really liked that trailer. I see they're marketing it as kind if more of a Depp thing and showing off the quirky side to his character. I'll wait to see the rest of what he does.

Not a fan of that type of music against a western backdrop.

I was sure they'd use the William Tell Overture for the teaser. Guess they're trying to get as far away from the tv show as they can.

I was sure they'd use the William Tell Overture for the teaser. Guess they're trying to get as far away from the tv show as they can.
Looks like they are trying to get as far away from all previous Lone Ranger adaptations as they can.

Maybe they wanted to make their own version of the Lone Ranger...since there's different interpretations of the character.

Different interpretations, but nothing in the modern era. The last big screen Lone Ranger movie was with Klinton Spilsbury in the early 80s and that was a big flop and barely anyone has seen that. The previous thing before that is the Clayton Moore tv series which was in the 50s. In 2003 there was a TV movie of the Lone Ranger with Chad Michael Murray.

It's not like Tarzan or Zorro where it has been made countless times. So I think they could easily have the William Tell Overture with this new movie, since it is so intimately associated with the character and hasn't been seen properly on the big screen.

Well I meant as the film in general, I'm pretty sure they will use that overture in the film.

It'll probably play over the credits if nothing else. Maybe they'll even get some ****** band like Nickelback or Limp Bizkit to record a new version.

I prefer to hear it during a chase/ fight/ rescue scene towards the climax of the film. That's what the piece is made for, not just end credits, especially with that big train set they have.

I know what it was made for. Doesn't mean they'll use it appropriately.

I think it will get used the way it was intended.

Native American Jack Sparrow FTW?

The trailer was ok.

Depp can't get rid of his 'Sparrow' inflections can he, even with his Tonto accent?

Eh, it looks kinda lame.

Can't really get into it. Well outside of Carter looking like she runs a brothel. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"