The Lounge Who Would Be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Millhouse voice) Guuuuuys... Why is it cool to hate Spiiiider-Maaaaan?!! (Begins sobbing)

Peter Parker just...he sucks. Eddie Brock, Kaine, Ben Reilly and Otto Octavius have all been better at the Spider-Gig, and rarely did they ***** half as much while doing it.

He complains about his dead uncle and struggling to hold a girlfriend? Magneto survived the goddamned Holocaust. Grow up Peter Pan.

Peter Parker just...he sucks. Eddie Brock, Kaine, Ben Reilly and Otto Octavius have all been better at the Spider-Gig, and rarely did they ***** half as much while doing it.

He complains about his dead uncle and struggling to hold a girlfriend? Magneto survived the goddamned Holocaust. Grow up Peter Pan.
But was Magneto sexually molested?

Yes... There's a Singer joke here just waiting to drop.

That's not canon, it doesn't count. :o

But Hulk was nearly raped by two guys in the shower, one of them is named Mickey.

Cyclops had to kill his girlfriend. How many characters get to say that?
And Doctor Doom got to wear the skin of his.

What I'm getting from all this is that the real history of the Marvel Universe from the comics will never be allowed to see the light of day in the MCU.

I'm watching the finale of Umbrella Academy (eh) and I'm only just now realizing the guy playing Hazel is the one who played Ed Kemper in Mindhunter. Brilliant actor.

I'm watching the finale of Umbrella Academy (eh) and I'm only just now realizing the guy playing Hazel is the one who played Ed Kemper in Mindhunter. Brilliant actor.

I keep meaning to crack that open. Is it worth the time? Umbrella Academy that is.

I keep meaning to crack that open. Is it worth the time? Umbrella Academy that is.
I dunno. It had interesting bits, but it also felt like a bunch of stuff we've seen before wrapped in an aggressively quirky-"cool" package. I can't say I'm dying to watch S2, but it had an intriguing-enough ending to make sure I at least check it out whenever it does come out. But I feel similarly about it as I do about Altered Carbon, and I know you really dug that, so you might find this one's more to your liking as well.

I dunno. It had interesting bits, but it also felt like a bunch of stuff we've seen before wrapped in an aggressively quirky-"cool" package. I can't say I'm dying to watch S2, but it had an intriguing-enough ending to make sure I at least check it out whenever it does come out. But I feel similarly about it as I do about Altered Carbon, and I know you really dug that, so you might find this one's more to your liking as well.

I will not hear you speak ill of Takeshi Kovacs! :argh:

:o

I hear you about series mistaking quirky/strange/weird for inherently interesting or engaging. I think that season one of Star Trek Discovery made a similar misstep.

What I'm getting from all this is that the real history of the Marvel Universe from the comics will never be allowed to see the light of day in the MCU.
One thing that MCU did darker than the comics is the origin of Peter Quill, that dude was a NASA engineer/pilot who fought alongside the children of Ani Skywalker.
And the movies made him a child abducted by aliens, after his father gave his mother cancer and killed her.

One thing that MCU did darker than the comics is the origin of Peter Quill, that dude was a NASA engineer/pilot who fought alongside the children of Ani Skywalker.
And the movies made him a child abducted by aliens, after his father gave his mother cancer and killed her.
The exception that proves the rule.

Disney revives Lucasfilm Games as EA flounders with 'Star Wars'

tenor.gif

I haven't been to the SHH Forums in several months, more or less. I like the different look of the board. But what else did I miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"