The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

Michael Mando for the Mando.
LOL, give the man the bandolier, serape and helmet. he'd be great, ... if you wanted to go terrifying, can he wear the mohawk popping out the top of the helmet :funny:

Authorities were unable to confirm what was taken at the Manhattan Beach Studios Media Campus.
Local authorities are investigating a theft at the Manhattan Beach studio that houses productions on multiple high-profile projects, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Police were called about the "grand theft" around 11 a.m. on Thursday in the 1600 block of Rosecrans Avenue, said Sgt. Tim Zins, spokesman for the Manhattan Beach police.

Authorities were unable to confirm what was taken in the grand theft. A source with knowledge of the situation said items from the set of Lucasfilm's Star Wars television show The Mandalorian were taken, but nothing of substance. A spokeswoman for Lucasfilm declined to comment.

At that address is MBS Media Campus, which includes soundstages and houses facilities where James Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment produces the Avatar sequels, among other projects.

The case appears to be reminiscent of another high-profile theft that occurred in May, when an Iron Man suit from the first film, along with a number of other items, were stolen from a Pacoima warehouse. That costume is valued in the mid-six figures, police said.

Favreau is writing and executive producing The Mandalorian, an eight-episode series premiering on Disney's streaming service in 2019. Taika Waititi, Bryce Dallas Howard, Rick Famuyiwa, Deborah Chow and Dave Filoni are among the directors for the series.

The logline for the Star Wars series reads, "After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic."

The case remains under investigation.

Grand Theft Investigated at Studio Hosting Star Wars TV Show 'The Mandalorian'

This sucks!

It makes me wonder if the Mandalorian might end up being Boba in different armor, post sarlacc.

It makes me wonder if the Mandalorian might end up being Boba in different armor, post sarlacc.

That would be a heck of a plot twist, and I'm not opposed to it. But I'm still expecting it to be a new character.

Just for example. Hypothetical scenario. You are Boba Fett. Empire is defeated. You worked for Darth Vader and Empire for years. The New Republic might be after you for war crimes. If you are Boba Fett, miraculously survived the Sarlacc Pit, and make everyone believe you are dead, do you really want to keep a low profile by pretending to be another notorious or infamous Mandalorian person?

Like if I am Boba Fett and I'm like "Oh ****, need to go into hiding and get off the grid because I'm a fugitive from Republic" then I probably wouldn't disguise myself as another Mandalorian.

That would be a heck of a plot twist, and I'm not opposed to it. But I'm still expecting it to be a new character.

Imagine he ends up not being Boba Fett, but another unaltered Jango Clone? It’d be even more interesting if he was the last Clone the Kaminoans pumped out before being shut down by The Emperor or something.

Imagine he ends up not being Boba Fett, but another unaltered Jango Clone? It’d be even more interesting if he was the last Clone the Kaminoans pumped out before being shut down by The Emperor or something.

I think that would be a little too forced. The clone thing is still a sore subject to me and it's bad writing and storytelling. Let's move on from clones and Jango Fett.

Even after Rebels and Clone Wars, there's still a lot we don't know about Mandalore and its people.

You say a Jango and Clone connection would be too forced and want to move on from it but you want more episodes giving insight into Mandalorian culture?

After all the Clone Wars and Rebels episodes about Mandalorians, what exactly don’t we still know about them that this live action show should touch upon?

We’re already gonna get the Siege of Mandalore story arc and with what we already know from Rebels, what stakes could there really be for the Mandalore arc other than just seeing an epic battle?

You say a Jango and Clone connection would be too forced and want to move on from it but you want more episodes giving insight into Mandalorian culture?

After all the Clone Wars and Rebels episodes about Mandalorians, what exactly don’t we still know about them that this live action show should touch upon?

We’re already gonna get the Siege of Mandalore story arc and with what we already know from Rebels, what stakes could there really be for the Mandalore arc other than just seeing an epic battle?

Mandalore during the Galactic Civil War and it's whole place within the New Republic after that. What does the New Republic do with the factions and noble houses. What happens to the factions that were loyal to the Empire?

Mandalore during the Galactic Civil War and it's whole place within the New Republic after that. What does the New Republic do with the factions and noble houses. What happens to the factions that were loyal to the Empire?

While no one would love that more than me, for a show titled “THE Mandalorian”, that sounds like it’d require a lot of exposition. I suppose we’ll see.

Well even suggesting that the Mando will be Boba is just simply ludicrous.
Just like Anakin Skywalker being Darth Vader.

Here is the thing, it probably isn't him. But considering this is Star Wars, considering the title of the show, considering Boba Fett's movie just went into the ether and we still have no idea who is even playing the character, you never know. Especially as Boba, post RotJ would probably hide his identity and would probably be in need of new armor if he survived. They have been so noncommittal on whether he survived.

Also it seems now they are going with Jango and Boba being Mandos, instead of just stealing the armor.

Last edited:
Lucasfilm see's anything created in pre-production as cataloged potential for future projects. I heard Rebels was a product of taking a lot of unexplored ideas forward. And I loved it.

giphy.gif

Did you read the synopsis? It's clearly not Boba.

The one I posted on the first page? No. :o

The first thing they let you know is they are moving on from Boba and Jango, this takes place after their stories, when another warrior emerges.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

The first thing they let you know is they are moving on from Boba and Jango, this takes place after their stories, when another warrior emerges.
If it is a secret, the would not tell you otherwise. That they bring up Jango and Boba at all is odd, as they have never been canon Mandos until potentially now.

Just like Anakin Skywalker being Darth Vader.

Here is the thing, it probably isn't him. But considering this is Star Wars, considering the title of the show, considering Boba Fett's movie just went into the ether and we still have no idea who is even playing the character, you never know. Especially as Boba, post RotJ would probably hide his identity and would probably be in need of new armor if he survived. They have been so noncommittal on whether he survived.

Also it seems now they are going with Jango and Boba being Mandos, instead of just stealing the armor.
Look mate, I can see where you are coming from. I think theres a chance, small chance we see Boba pop up in the series but I want the focus as it rightfully should be on the new Mando.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"