The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

Pedro Pascal Revealed as The Mandalorian | StarWars.com

Lucasfilm is pleased to announce the cast of the first-ever Star Wars live-action series — The Mandalorian.

Pedro Pascal (Narcos) has been cast in the title role as a lone Mandalorian gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy. He is joined by Gina Carano (Deadpool), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Emily Swallow (Supernatural), Carl Weathers (Predator), Omid Abtahi (American Gods), Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man), and Nick Nolte (Affliction).

“We’re having a great time working with this incredibly talented group and excited for everyone to see what we’re up to,” says Executive Producer Jon Favreau.

Currently in production, The Mandalorian is written and executive produced by Jon Favreau, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode and serving as executive producer alongside Kathleen Kennedy and Colin Wilson. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

The highly-anticipated series will be exclusive to Disney+, The Walt Disney Company’s upcoming direct-to-consumer streaming service, which is set to launch in the U.S. in late 2019.

I never ever expected to see Nick Nolte and Werner Herzog in the Star Wars universe. :funny:

Sweet. Kind of called it on Gus Fring.

I knew Herzog had joined some Disney project and wondered if he’d showed up as, like, The Supreme Intelligence in Captain Marvel or something. This is cool too. I wanna see him as a Hutt.

I wish they would’ve did the official announcement by sharing another photo. But beggars can’t be choosers, I know.

m8oew2.jpg

Carl Weathers? I’m definitely interested now.

You think that's a tease of the second suit or just his initial sketch?

It's the suit he will wear for about five minutes before ditching it for the rest of the season.

Interesting news from Making Star Wars, spoilers below
Making Star Wars said:
MSW sources have some interesting information about filming recently conducted for Star Wars: The Mandalorian. As time as gone on it seems more and more likely that The Droid Gotra will have a presence in Star Wars: The Mandalorian. Gotra means “clan” in Sanskrit. The droid clan has been mentioned in everything from the Tarkin novel to the Dr. Aphra comics and more. What is interesting is that IG-88 is apparently affiliated with the group and we have seen evidence the droid appears in the series with other droids that have a bone to pick with their enemies.

IG-88 has recently been seen on set, filming his close ups, and being the star that he is on the set of The Mandalorian. The old time bounty hunter isn’t just standing around either, we’ve had credible reports about blasters being fired and he’s riding speeder bikes and attacking enemies.

I was concerned that perhaps it was just an IG Assassin Droid like we saw in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. But the droid is being referred to as IG-88 and appears to have the same bandolier. It does appear that Bossk might be in the series as well but we can’t confirm the Trandoshan is actually Bossk himself, but it does appear to the case. So apparently IG-88 and Bossk are very likely to appear in Star Wars: The Mandalorian.

How cool is that a droid we saw back in 1980 that could barely move is going to have action sequences and a larger purpose in the Star Wars story in 2019? It has been said that Jon Favreau started this story when he was a really young and how could anyone leave two of the best Star Wars action figures ever out of that tale? It does seem to make sense.

Classic Star Wars bounty hunters will appear in Star Wars: The Mandalorian! | Making Star Wars

Interesting news from Making Star Wars, spoilers below
Classic Star Wars bounty hunters will appear in Star Wars: The Mandalorian! | Making Star Wars
I love the sound of this. :cool:

Ludwig Göransson to Compose Score for The Mandalorian | StarWars.com

Göransson has composed memorable soundtracks for some of the biggest and most lauded movies in recent memory, including Black Panther (for which he has earned Golden Globe Award and Grammy nominations), Creed, Creed II, Venom, and Fruitvale Station. In the realm of television, his credits include the beloved Community and New Girl. Göransson has produced records for Haim and Chance The Rapper, and he recently received three Grammy nominations for his work with Donald Glover (who should be familiar to Star Wars fans as the young Lando Calrissian in Solo: A Star Wars Story) on the latest Childish Gambino album.

“Words fail to express how surreal and humbling it feels to be invited into the Star Wars universe,” Göransson said. “I am deeply grateful to Jon Favreau and Disney for this opportunity and to John Williams for raising the bar so high with his iconic, intrepid scores — they will never be matched. In these next months I hope to honor the tradition of Star Wars’ musical landscape while propelling The Mandalorian into new and unchartered territory. And I will try to remember that there is no try.”

It's good news if he sticks to his symphonic style he used in Black Panther and Creed, bad news if he goes for an atonal, sound design style like his scores for Death Wish and Venom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"