Homecoming The Marc Webb Thread

If Webb doesn't return (and I think he will) I wouldn't use Goddard for ASM3 even if S6 is great. I think directors need time away from projects as they get to close to the subject matter. Nolan directed other movies between his Batman movies and it helped him come back to the Batman project fresh and rearing to go.

If that happens I think they need to hire someone else who's a great director. As much as I want web to continue to work on spiderman without any interference I can see that he wants to work on something else. I say just hire the guys behind looper or skyfall

Rian Johnson is doing Star Wars after J.J.

Can't see Mendes doing a Spider-Man film.

Rian Johnson is doing Star Wars after J.J.

Can't see Mendes doing a Spider-Man film.

I hope he does because I just want spiderman to be great again on film for once especially the cast and crew. If not then hopefully the guys behind edge of tomorrow or breaking bad handles it

The irony here, imho, is that I think Webb was able to get some of the things that raimi did wrong in spider-man 2 rught in tasm 2, whereas raimi got things right that Webb did wrong is his sequel.

Raimi had a intolerable female lead who he placed in one mess love triangle, whereas webb had a well beloved female lead without any love triangle.

Webb really failed to make ppl understand and feel sympathetic towards his main villain (electro), whereas raimi did a great job with making doc ock interesting.

Raimi gave his pter a clear and solid arc in his film, whereas webb didn't do as much for his peter.

I think webb made his harry more interesting to watch, especially post-norman, than compared to james' s one.

I wonder if they only picked Marc Webb because his name is "Webb".

For me ASM2 is Green Lantern-bad so I'd fire Webb, to be honest.

And personally I think all these directors would make a better Spider-Man movie:

John Hillcoat
Antoine Fuqua
Gavin O’Connor
Jaume Collet-Serra
Baltasar Kormakur

Nah, it's not really that black and white.

Sony did probably squeeze all the villains into the movie, but that's still not an excuse for the other problems. Kafka and the weird scirpt wasn't Sony's doing, for instance. That's on Webb, the writers and Marton Csokas.

If Sony didn't interfere, we would of course have a better movie, but it would sure as hell not be flawless.

Sony did probably squeeze all the villains into the movie, but that's still not an excuse for the other problems. Kafka and the weird scirpt wasn't Sony's doing, for instance. That's on Webb, the writers and Marton Csokas.

If Sony didn't interfere, we would of course have a better movie, but it would sure as hell not be flawless.

well that's true. and who's marton csokas?

I am pretty happy that Webb is still expected to helm ASM3. If they get a good enough script, I am sure he will be able to pull it off.

What these films really need is a director with the balls to stand up to the studio and say no. Someone like a Whedon, Nolan, Favreau. However, Sony will never hire that person, that want to be involved, they want a movie made by committee and board room suits, they want a movie that copies what's "hot" at that time. The past two movies prove it, ASM is darker and grittier because Batman hit so big, ASM2 is lighter and more fun because that worked for Avengers. They hired Marc Webb because they knew he wouldn't stand up and say no. Raimi did do that after listening to them and ruining Spider-man 3, he wanted to make his movie, so he had to go. Spider-man won't be good again until the studio stays out of the way.

The first movie didn't even try to copy batman. I fact it wasnt even that dark. It seemed to have the same tone as winter soldier, et, and many other movies. The oy darker scene was uncle ben's death. Infant the comics are dark as well.

Also I think the studio will be learning their lessons as seen as what happened to their studio bankruptsy and the box office thanks to the mixed reviews if the second spiderman film by Marc Webb.

Lets just pray and hope for some good news

What these films really need is a director with the balls to stand up to the studio and say no. Someone like a Whedon, Nolan, Favreau. However, Sony will never hire that person, that want to be involved, they want a movie made by committee and board room suits, they want a movie that copies what's "hot" at that time. The past two movies prove it, ASM is darker and grittier because Batman hit so big, ASM2 is lighter and more fun because that worked for Avengers. They hired Marc Webb because they knew he wouldn't stand up and say no. Raimi did do that after listening to them and ruining Spider-man 3, he wanted to make his movie, so he had to go. Spider-man won't be good again until the studio stays out of the way.

Exacly. Well put.

:up: They both contributed to making the movie very average instead of it being amazing like it should have been.

Webb never made it worse....... Okay there was kafka but any talented directors can think of sinething worse.It was just Sony who meddled with most of the story and characters

You keep saying that but nobody is buying it. Webb shares the blame in making this movie worse than it should have been, along with Sony. They are both to blame.

I think directors take responsibility for the blame.

I still don't want to compare but what about Raimi's spiderman 3?

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/03/31/sam-raimi-wants-full-creative-control-for-spider-man-4/

If you think directors take responsibility for the blame then you agree Marc Webb is to blame, too.
I meant as a director, like some code, I think Marc did wanted to take the blame too. But we all know he tried his best but other people seem to have this code or are arrogant enough to blame a director for a movie they don't like.

I know the story behind Sam's 4. I just want to know if you also blame him for the third movie since he doesn't like to use venom.

He made some of the poor changes to the script and characters, so he is to blame, too.

No I don't blame Sam for Venom because he was forced to use him.

He made some of the poor changes to the script and characters, so he is to blame, too.

No I don't blame Sam for Venom because he was forced to use him.

Actually the scripts were altered and cut and you'll see some deleted scenes of sandman, Gwen, Eddie, the symbiote, MJ, sandman and his daughtet's doctor, something about chimes, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"