The Amazing Spider-Man The Official Marc Webb Thread

What are you talking about? Smallville is nearly identical to Superboy (1980s TV show, for those who don't recall or know) not Spider-Man.

[YT]GBXMTXD35_w[/YT]

Yeah, but Spider-Man did the whole teenaged superhero in high school back in the 60's comics, not on tv no, but still did it first.

I'm not a big Smallville fan but I would put it way above the Superboy tv show from the 80s. At least Smallville was able to get my non-comic reading friends and family to consider Superman to be cool.

Well of course, I just mean the original premise is that of Superboy.

had a chance to watch 500 days. good chararaterization but bog standard cinematogaraphy. good movie not a great movie.

Well, I just seen it and I´m actually f***ing in love with it. Maybe cuz I relate to it a lot. I been through similar stuff and I´m kinda going through it again, you´re seeing this girl who´s hot and sexy and quirky and fun, and you so want it to be real deal and yet she gives you the "it´s not serious, relationships today are complicated" thing and sometimes you get angry and want to walk away, but then you miss her, then it´s great when you´re with her... It´s ***, but it´s the s*** that being alive is all about, and The movie´s relatable but also quirky both funny and sad, romantic and cynical, sometimes at the same time, which is something I get a real kick out of. I´ll miss Raimi and still cherish Spidey 1 and 2, but I´m very excited about the potential of a Marc Webb Spidey movie.

Well, I just seen it and I´m actually f***ing in love with it. Maybe cuz I relate to it a lot. I been through similar stuff and I´m kinda going through it again, you´re seeing this girl who´s hot and sexy and quirky and fun, and you so want it to be real deal and yet she gives you the "it´s not serious, relationships today are complicated" thing and sometimes you get angry and want to walk away, but then you miss her, then it´s great when you´re with her... It´s ***, but it´s the s*** that being alive is all about, and The movie´s relatable but also quirky both funny and sad, romantic and cynical, sometimes at the same time, which is something I get a real kick out of. I´ll miss Raimi and still cherish Spidey 1 and 2, but I´m very excited about the potential of a Marc Webb Spidey movie.

the quirky and zany moments definately reminded me of raimi's spider-man, especailly the dncing section in the middle ha ha

Agreed. Webb handled the relationship aspect of 500 Days so well. That's why if you're going to set this is high school you need someone like Marc to bring that.

the quirky and zany moments definately reminded me of raimi's spider-man, especailly the dncing section in the middle ha ha
But in that case it made more sense, I think, not only cuz the movie is often intentionally surreal, but also because it´s about the fantasy of love, being deliriously - and delusionally - happy, while in SM3 you have this character who´s supposed to be falling deeper and deeper into darkness, yet he goes into "dorky trying to look cool and looking even dorkier" mode.

Figured it made sense to bring back this thread since it relates to Webb, Stan Lee had lunch with him and tweeted about it:

smilinstanlee: Had a great time today. Lunched with Marc Webb who’s gonna direct Spider-Man 4. First time I’ve met him. Lemme give you my impression—

smilinstanlee: After meeting Marc. I was certain Marvel had made a great choice to direct Spidey 4-- and not just because of his table manners!

smilinstanlee: The mighty Mr. Webb is smart and hip-- and he cares about being true to Spidey as much as I do. And remember, he’s also a great director

smilinstanlee: I could tell by the dynamite ideas he proposed that Marc’s gonna bring new excitement and a new sense of wonder to ol’ Spidey!

smilinstanlee: And remember--Marc wants a great Spider-Man movie that’ll bring new luster and glory to our web-swinger as much as we do!

smilinstanlee: So let Marvel’s True Believers unite with my brave Brigadiers and get behind Mighty Marc, because hey, the best is yet to come! Excelsior!

Wow. Stan Lee does not understand Twitter.

That shouldn't be surprising.

Stan Lee thinks he literally is in the Marvelverse. You didn't know that?

Spider-Man 4? It seems like Stan himself didn't get the news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"