The Amazing Spider-Man The Official Marc Webb Thread

Maze

Proud AquaMomoa inventor
Reaction score
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/01/marc_webb_new_director_of_spid.html

Thanks to slash film

Edit: it's official

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=8998

The plan for the movie is to be in the $80 million range and feature a cast of relative unknowns

And the story will be pared down to center on a high school kid who is dealing with the knowledge that his uncle died even though the teen had the power to stop it.

The touchstone for the new movie will not be the 1960s comics, which were the inspiration behind the movies by Raimi, who grew on up on them, but rather this past decade's "Ultimate Spider-Man" comics by Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley where the villain-fighting took a back seat to the high school angst.

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/01/marc-webb-to-direct-spiderman.html

Last edited:
Focus more on the private life of Peter Parker? Ugh. That's what we just got with Raimi's three films a Peter Parker trilogy.

Getting a bit ahead of themselves aren't they?One first, then the second.

Eh. They are pretty much safe in assuming this will not flop. It has the words Spider-Man in the title. Not one person in the GA cares Raimi and Maguire or gone. They pay to see Spider-Man.

Focus more of the social life of Peter Parker? Uh, please no. If they have a director like him who can convey the social life of Peter Parker, then sure, but not MORE focus.

Oh boy.

Getting a bit ahead of themselves aren't they?One first, then the second.
It's no different than signing an actor to a three film deal, which happens with basically any big budget film these days

Focus more of the social life of Peter Parker? Uh, please no. If they have a director like him who can convey the social life of Peter Parker, then sure, but not MORE focus.

Oh boy.
Exactly, Raimi's films had the problem of focusing too much on the Peter Parker side of things. I was hoping this would be a chance to get a nice even fold of both the Peter and Spider-Man side of things.

sounds like this will have too little entertaining action and story........

i hope they know what they are doing but planning a trilogy is dumb hell Prince of Persia could be a franchise but they at least are smart enough to know not to plan a trilogy.

Sigh.

He's only made one movie which isn't even action driven. Raimi had the ability to develop characters and give us fantastic set pieces. He also had an extensive cache of films in his background.

Not happy about Webb getting the gig. Spider-Man is far to big for someone thats only made one film and music videos.

This now has the potential into turning into an X-Men Origins: Wolverine type movie.

Huh, looks like signs keep pointing towards Webb being the director.

Double post.

Sigh.

He's only made one movie which isn't even action driven. Raimi had the ability to develop characters and give us fantastic set pieces. He also had an extensive cache of films in his background.

Not happy about Webb getting the gig. Spider-Man is far to big for someone thats only made one film and music videos.

This now has the potential into turning into an X-Men Origins: Wolverine type movie.
Every director has to start somewhere when it comes to action films.

I'm willing to throw my support behind Webb as 500 Days of Summer was good.

Next up

Jacob will be Spider-Man

Edward will be Eddie Brock or heck BOTH if Sony gets their way

& Kristen Stewart will be Mary Jane Watson

Think pretty much anyone in the Twilight movies will be in this new Trilogy

Last edited:
500 Days of Summer was a great film guys. Maybe the funniest all year, and completely unique to the Romantic Comedy Genre. I'm behind this film, for now...

Webb will do good I think. I think some are taking some of the wording a little too personal. I think we should wait until we jump to conclusions on how much focus will be on what.

Every director has to start somewhere when it comes to action films.

I'm willing to throw my support behind Webb as 500 Days of Summer was good.
Agreed. I think Webb realizes the spectacle that's to be expected from this franchise. While lacking the experience, we never know what he can come up with. Peter Jackson wasn't exactly a set-piece puppeteer, before tackling LOTR. Look how that turned out.

Oh, and the guy knows how to develop realistic and engaging characters. Particularly, youth-oriented. I can't stress enough how essential that is, and how lucky we are that Webb is handling that part.

I agree with you guys got to start somewhere but i was not thinking a trilogy of a huge epic adventure franchise like SM.After Ang Le and Gavin Hood i become weary of these indie directors stepping up to do superhero films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"