The Amazing Spider-Man The Official Marc Webb Thread

I'm sorry but this has MTV crowd written all over it. Anyone else remember the Cg Spider-Man Animated series from a few years back? I'm willing to bet this will be more like that...= :down

I have a very hard time believing Sony will treat Webb with as much respect as Raimi, let alone more. He does not have the same kind of clout in Hollywood as Raimi, and the studio is not going to let him deviate from their vision at all. He's talented, but he's only had one hit and that is not enough to command respect from the studio big wigs the way it would from a seasoned veteran director. Gavin Hood had serious indie cred, too, but Fox walked all over him when he made Wolverine. They made him use an awful script, and he could not deviate from it because to the studio he was just an easily replaceable nobody.

Ultimately, Hood was a hired gun. A very competent hired gun, but he did not get to make Wolverine his own. It was a studio project, and he was brought in to see it executed, not because he had a brilliant vision that the studio wanted to back. It's the same thing with Spider-Man: Sony already knows exactly how they want the movie to be, and Marc Webb is being brought in to see it realized. The movie can only be as good as Sony's vision, because they're probably not going to listen if Webb wants a re-write or something. That does not mean the movie will suck, but it does mean that there's some serious potential for Sony to screw it up since this is their thing, not the director's.

You obviously are unfamiliar with my posting habits at SHH.

258xoow.jpg

"If something's worth saying, it's worth taking a long time to say." :awesome:

I'm sorry but this has MTV crowd written all over it. Anyone else remember the Cg Spider-Man Animated series from a few years back? I'm willing to bet this will be more like that...= :down
That animated series was very bad.

Other than the attempt at hipster-ish bull****, the series had some really good qualities to it. I actually bought the DVD and I usually don't do that.

Other than the attempt at hipster-ish bull****, the series had some really good qualities to it. I actually bought the DVD and I usually don't do that.

I have the dvd as well :yay:

I wouldn't even watch that series again for Neil Patrick Harris and I love that guy.

I have the dvd as well :yay:

What's your opinion on it? I missed the series when it was on MTV(since I don't watch MTV or really any television at all) and so was unaware of the series until I saw it one day at Best Buy and decided to give it a go. I remember initially being really put off by the different animation type(CG) but as the shows progressed I got more used to it. And I loved that it was willing to get a little more adult with the content as well as being the first cartoon to really capture how Spidey should move what with his superhuman agility and all that. Plus, I loved Harris as the voice of Peter/Spider-Man.

I have a very hard time believing Sony will treat Webb with as much respect as Raimi, let alone more. He does not have the same kind of clout in Hollywood as Raimi, and the studio is not going to let him deviate from their vision at all. He's talented, but he's only had one hit and that is not enough to command respect from the studio big wigs the way it would from a seasoned veteran director. Gavin Hood had serious indie cred, too, but Fox walked all over him when he made Wolverine. They made him use an awful script, and he could not deviate from it because to the studio he was just an easily replaceable nobody.

Ultimately, Hood was a hired gun. A very competent hired gun, but he did not get to make Wolverine his own. It was a studio project, and he was brought in to see it executed, not because he had a brilliant vision that the studio wanted to back. It's the same thing with Spider-Man: Sony already knows exactly how they want the movie to be, and Marc Webb is being brought in to see it realized. The movie can only be as good as Sony's vision, because they're probably not going to listen if Webb wants a re-write or something. That does not mean the movie will suck, but it does mean that there's some serious potential for Sony to screw it up since this is their thing, not the director's.

There was more potential with Raimi, and that film was going to suck. Yet your saying this one won't? Hmmm

I think they just picked Marc Webb because Webb is his last name:o

i like the web swinging. it was like in the movie.

IMO, it was way better than in the movies. Much more kinetic and showed off Spidey's super-agility really well.

Webb will do whatever Sony wants him to do. If they really wanted to make an "edgy/dark" Spider-man they would have hired Darren Aronofski or David Fincher to compete with Nolan.

What's your opinion on it? I missed the series when it was on MTV(since I don't watch MTV or really any television at all) and so was unaware of the series until I saw it one day at Best Buy and decided to give it a go. I remember initially being really put off by the different animation type(CG) but as the shows progressed I got more used to it. And I loved that it was willing to get a little more adult with the content as well as being the first cartoon to really capture how Spidey should move what with his superhuman agility and all that. Plus, I loved Harris as the voice of Peter/Spider-Man.

it's worth getting to watch as it has good action but don't go in expecting great things as it isn't.

I liked the opening credits sequence & music as well, as I recall. Edit: ^Yeah, that's it.

Choosing Webb makes quite a statement about what the priorities are for the next movie. Unfortunately, it's impossible to know this early on how serious the studio really is about doing something fresh with the franchise.

What's so terrible about it? And I didn't think Spectacular Spider-man was all that great. Especially Venom in that. "Bro"? 616 original McFarlane Venom is sooo much better. I hate Ultimate Venom.

Spectacular Spider-Man, in spite of appearance and art style at first, is maybe the best translation of Spider-Man and all the supporting characters along with the villains in media.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"