The Marvel Implosion

So long as Spidey is a prominent member of both the Avengers and FF, it's pretty much like Dan is already writing those other books. They're in 80% of the issues.

Marvel is bringing back S.H.I.E.L.D. for the final two issues.

I wish they would thin out the Avengers magazines after Bendis departs. It is a bit frustrating to buy 3-4 mags to read one story. I

New Avengers and Assemble have no place to exist once Bendis leaves. I'm willing to bet Academy becomes West Coast Avengers if Marvel pulls the same stunt as T-Bolts becoming Dark Avengers.

New Avengers and Assemble have no place to exist once Bendis leaves. I'm willing to bet Academy becomes West Coast Avengers if Marvel pulls the same stunt as T-Bolts becoming Dark Avengers.

Marvel will find a way to keep those titles. Astonishing X-Men had no place to exist once Whedon left, but Marvel keeps it chugging right along.

Mark Waid + Jim Cheung on The Avengers. I guarantee that book would make a killing.

I don't know about Cheung. I want an artist that can bang out a monthly schedule. Given how Marvel's been operating, I'd guess there's gonna be a 2 man rotating art team. If that's the case, why f**k around? Bring back the old guard, put Alan Davis and Walt Simonson on the book.

Honestly, I've got a sneaking suspicion that it's going to be Immonen. He's been waiting in the wings since Fear Itself for some reason...

Alan Davis would be BA.

Hell yeah, you seen the recent issues of Cap? He's drawing the s**t out of that book!

He's the reason I'm reading Cap.

His issue of Schism was great as well.

Alan Davis would be an awesome Avengers artist. Immonen would be good too. Or another run from Olivier Coipel. Or just alternate all those f***ers and McNiven, Cheung, and the other big guns who can't keep a schedule to save their lives. Make Avengers a really big deal.

Avengers is already a really big deal, there's no need to rely on an army of top artists if you ask me.

They could put Bagley on the book. He has already stated he likes to draw the multiple characters on team books and he has already proven he can churn out multiple books in a month...

Eh, I feel like Bagley sacrifices quality for quantity.

Bagley's already drawing Avengers Assemble. I don't know if he'd even want to draw two comics that are so similar, plus team books are more demanding than solo books to begin with.

I don't know about Cheung. I want an artist that can bang out a monthly schedule. Given how Marvel's been operating, I'd guess there's gonna be a 2 man rotating art team. If that's the case, why f**k around? Bring back the old guard, put Alan Davis and Walt Simonson on the book.

Honestly, I've got a sneaking suspicion that it's going to be Immonen. He's been waiting in the wings since Fear Itself for some reason...

Huge fan of Immonen's work, he'd be great on the title.

Call me crazy but I'd LOVE to see Bagley return to Amazing Spider-Man after all these years. Yeah he had drawn Ultimate Spider-man for like a decade but still, I'd be nice to see him go back to his roots and draw adult Spidey. Actually...isn't he the longest running artist on that title as well?

Call me crazy but I'd LOVE to see Bagley return to Amazing Spider-Man after all these years. Yeah he had drawn Ultimate Spider-man for like a decade but still, I'd be nice to see him go back to his roots and draw adult Spidey. Actually...isn't he the longest running artist on that title as well?

Probably, he started with #350 and went to about #416. I'd totally sign for a Bagley return run but the problem is, he originally didn't want anything to do with Ultimate Spider-Man at first due to Spidey burnout but was convinced by Bendis. He then did over 100 issues there. He probably still wants nothing to do with the character.

ASM #700 is right around the corner. My dream issue would be McFarlane, Larsen, JRJR and Bags all contributing to a Dan Slott story. That would make me flip my lid.:woot:

Bagley's already drawing Avengers Assemble. I don't know if he'd even want to draw two comics that are so similar, plus team books are more demanding than solo books to begin with.

could be to just warm him up..prep him. Not like bagely didnt draw a team book before. He can do anything.

Probably, he started with #350 and went to about #416. I'd totally sign for a Bagley return run but the problem is, he originally didn't want anything to do with Ultimate Spider-Man at first due to Spidey burnout but was convinced by Bendis. He then did over 100 issues there. He probably still wants nothing to do with the character.

ASM #700 is right around the corner. My dream issue would be McFarlane, Larsen, JRJR and Bags all contributing to a Dan Slott story. That would make me flip my lid.:woot:

As a 90's kid, I would completely lose my s*** if Marvel got those guys to come back for that issue. I would KILL to see Mcfarlane draw Spidey again. But let's face reality, thats never ever going to happen again. Maybe, maybe in the distant future when ASm#1000 rolls around we'll see Mcfarlane and Larsen but not anytime soon. But hey, JRJR and Bags is not out of the realm of possibility at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"