The Amazing Spider-Man The Mary Jane Casting Rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't ever want to see that face it tiger scene on film. I didn't lik it in TSSM because it seemed so goddamn forced. That line lke Wolverine, "I'm the best there is at what I do.." line should be left for the comics. Not actually said in live action.

Plus it would totally be out of place in the film when Gwen has just died and Peter is going through all this **** and then MJ knocks on the door and says htis line with Peter looking stunned. It would look poor on both of them.

I agree, Doc. I happen to be of the opinion that catchphrases and such should be considered the most despensable part when adapting comics to film. A simple catchphrase, no matter how 'iconic', should not have that amount of weight to a good story. There has to be much more to good characters than that and if there isn't then said character(s) weren't all that to begin with. I'm a huge Hulk fan, but I could have cared less if I ever heard him say "Hulk smash". Rather Iwasmore interested in them getting the character's core down correctly. The same should go for all characters. Now if a catchphrase can be worked in w/o gettingin the way, then by all means do it. But those are hardly the most important aspects of these films.

So who do people want as Mary Jane then?

Elena Satine or Dianna Argon?

Do you think we'll even get MJ in the first movie or was she completely cut?

I guess it's all rumors at the moment.

There is a plausible way to get MJ's catchphrase into the movie.

If Peter is standing at a slot machine but looking away, MJ says to him: "Face it Tiger."

Then when he wins big, she says "You just hit the jackpot!" :oldrazz:

I don't want Satine for MJ, I hope that's just a rumour. As for Agron, I think she would have been better as Gwen. Mary Elizabeth Winstead isn't my number 1 choice for MJ either.

I don't know whom I want, but she better look good and act well at least!:awesome:

I'm leaning toward MJ not being in the 1st film at all. Maybe mentioned by name by Aunt May trying to play matchmaker but that is all. She can show up in a sequel since Gwen's basically got an expiration date stamped on her forehead.

I'm leaning toward MJ not being in the 1st film at all. Maybe mentioned by name by Aunt May trying to play matchmaker but that is all. She can show up in a sequel since Gwen's basically got an expiration date stamped on her forehead.

Agree with this
Definitely not Argon for MJ, I would love her in the movie as Felicia Hardy, would be perfect casting in my opinion

Agree with this
Definitely not Argon for MJ, I would love her in the movie as Felicia Hardy, would be perfect casting in my opinion

I'll tell you who does look more like Felicia Hardy (now that you mention her) out of the various candidates we've seen for different parts: Elena Satine. Her facial features (minus her red hair) actually seems to suit Felicia more than MJ.

Take this photo, for example, which we've all seen, and try to imagine her with white/ platinum blonde hair:

elena-satine.jpg

Amber Heard is the only one who should play Felicia Hardy

Dianna Agron for MJ all the way

I'll tell you who does look more like Felicia Hardy (now that you mention her) out of the various candidates we've seen for different parts: Elena Satine. Her facial features (minus her red hair) actually seems to suit Felicia more than MJ.

Take this photo, for example, which we've all seen, and try to imagine her with white/ platinum blonde hair:

elena-satine.jpg

Yeah, you actually make a really good point
I was rooting for Argon because she sounds like Hardy on the animated series and that's kind of the vision I have of her in my mind

Majik1387, I'm not too sure about Amber Heard.....doesn't look like a Felicia too me. Too each their own, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"