The Amazing Spider-Man The Mary Jane Casting Rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, sony sure is against casting attrative lead females in their spiderman franchise.

I think they will cast Dianna Argon as Mary Jane since she is known as a blonde. Don't know her natural color of hair theough.

Either her or Elena Satine I expect.

Not hard to do with barely any out there...Smallville has been weak for a while IMO but I mean...thats my opinion

I dont think Elena will be a big time big screen actress...shes certainly great for TV shows though...good to know shes getting TV roles...
But shes average at acting

Oh yeah because you know so much about acting I suppose?

I dont think Stone is ugly at all,i think a lot of that comes from those who think she looks like lindsay lohan which i dont believe to be the case. However i am concerned about Stone as Gwen because a lot of Stone fans literally have a list of reasons to have her as MJ and not gwen, in fact i dont think anyone mentioned her as Gwen at all, and to be honest Gwen is very different then MJ in many respects, so is this a bad casting? Idk, what do you guys think?

On the other hand i cant see dianna from glee play MJ at all, her personality and just her overall look match that of Gwen only and not MJ. I really think they got the casting wrong and shouldve switched them because now i think Diana is out, i dont think she can play MJ, even though she can sing, thats not everything. And im assuming now that Elena Satine was never on that shortlist because that shortlist was always for the Gwen character, and i think now we will hopefully soon see a true MJ shortlist and maybe even a casting announcement at CCNY

I gotta say, I'm slowly but steadily becoming an Elena Satin supporter. I'll watch the Smallville episode in which she guest starts in 1,5 month to judge for her acting, although we might have gotten our MJ by then.

On the other hand i cant see dianna from glee play MJ at all, her personality and just her overall look match that of Gwen only and not MJ.
Thank god there's this awesome thing called acting where actors aren't like their usual selves in personality; And even more awesome there are all these hair dyes and make up and clothing that can change how one looks.

Are we sure MJ is even in this film?

Yeah idk if MJ will even be in this film, and im not a Diana hater whatsoever shes absolutely gorgeous and shes a great actress and thats why she wouldve been a amazing Gwen, i just cant see her playing MJ thats all and i feel like the casting for Gwen is all wrong for Gwen, this just shows that they wanted a "IT" girl for a role thats really only relevant for a short period of time then Peter moves on and eventually marries MJ. So if they were soo high on Emma why choose for for a role in which she'd eventually have to get booted and not for the role thats the main love interest overall in the comics?

Maybe its a sign that there wont be a MJ at all in this reboot series, but what i dont want is for MJ to be the next Robin as in the character cant be down properly on the big screen.

I don't see why you all are doubting MJ will be in the movie now simply because Gwen was cast. You all are overreacting.

I'm not overreacting. I'd honestly just like to know what proof there is that MJ is even in the film. :huh:

Yeah of course she's gonna be in the series, i mean she's a key piece to this story even shes not the main love interest, Gwen and MJ are friends. I just have my doubts that she'll be in the first film thats all. But if she is i expect some more casting news within the next couple of weeks, possibly and hopefully for comic con which is in a few days

wow bizbaz...she does not look like a high schooler...all these nobodies being posted by ya recently...i dont think she looks the part...now your just diggin for no names

I don't see why you all are doubting MJ will be in the movie now simply because Gwen was cast. You all are overreacting.

Indeed. Nikki Finke has already reported both are in the role and they're casting for both. It is just that Gwen is the bigger role in this film (and likely the sequel)--which is probably why Stone wanted it. Even after Stone was cast, deadline reported that there is still another female role in the movie that Agron may be cast in.

MJ is in the movie.

wow bizbaz...she does not look like a high schooler...all these nobodies being posted by ya recently...i dont think she looks the part...now your just diggin for no names

She is 23 or 24...but she looks like she's 28. And quite frankly she is too attractive to pass for a high schooler for Peter Parker. And who knows if she can act.

Decker looks amazing...as everybody who saw Sports Illustrated last spring. But as an actress? Playing a high schooler? That's just reaching and fanboys shouldn't think with their....eyes.

With that said, Andy Roddick is a lucky man. It is true.

I'm not overreacting. I'd honestly just like to know what proof there is that MJ is even in the film. :huh:

Indeed. Nikki Finke has already reported both are in the role and they're casting for both. It is just that Gwen is the bigger role in this film (and likely the sequel)--which is probably why Stone wanted it. Even after Stone was cast, deadline reported that there is still another female role in the movie that Agron may be cast in.

MJ is in the movie.
Thank you. I knew I wasn't going crazy remembering a report for both Gwen and MJ to be in the movie.
I still don't understand why people think if there's Gwen there can't be an MJ.

Good God who the hell is that model? That's what I'm talking about. You people need to snap back to reality here. That will never happen. Unless the casting and directors are total idiots.

She is 23 or 24...but she looks like she's 28. And quite frankly she is too attractive to pass for a high schooler for Peter Parker. And who knows if she can act.

Since when are people too attractive to be a high schooler? Yeah she's 23.

It's just a suggestion and I doubt she's a bad actress.

With that said, Andy Roddick is a lucky man. It is true.
We need another talented actress to add to the list with whats already been casted...Beauty also but talent more so...

and as you said...Gosh he is....

Agron for MJ please. Don't know or care for this Satine chick.
agronmj.jpg

this is the type of hair colour i dont want to see, orange. i hope we get a real nice dark red. (not knocking the manip at all, just using the colour as an example)

Agron for MJ please. Don't know or care for this Satine chick.
agronmj.jpg

I do like her look... it's just she looks so much more like Gwen to me...

God, I think i'm gonna just have to stop talking about it now the Gwen decision has been made. I'm sure it'll all work on screen, I just can't seem to shift my perceptions based on things i liked about the pictures i've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"