Homecoming The MCU Easter Egg thread

You could have JJJ be an investor in some start-up tech company that ends up making Scorpion(or the Spider-Slayer as well if we're going to be honest) and thus keep JJJ's tangential involvement but keep him at enough of a distance to not cross the line into actual villainy. Also is a great tool for character growth for himself after he realizes what he helped to occur.

Good point, and not a bad idea. He could invest a tech company built to curb vigilantism or something.

I don't have a problem with the direction they seem to be taking either.

This films does setup Toomes as the premiere black market dealer of chitari items. Since they never described how Hammer got the metal be an easy connection to make. I do recall them saying the bullets were made from chitari metal, could be that Toomes sold the metal bits first to fund the rest of the operation. I think it great thread for Luke Cage to follow, Shocker's gauntlets would make an excellent challenge for Cage.

Honestly, its possible enough that Hammer Industries got some quantity of the stuff via "legitimate" channels. Which is to say, Hydra elements within Damage Control shunted salvage off to various parties while they were still in control, and Hammer Industries happened to be one of the recipients. After all, when Damage Control was founded, Hydra was still a few years from being exposed. They surely had their hands in the place.

Toomes? I can't *really* see him selling to a major defense corporation. Either they are honest enough to report him, or they are sketchy enough to try and steal his operation, or both. No upside for him; they would be one of the "big boys" whose attention he was trying to avoid.

Good catch on May's license plate, that's a classic egg that reminds me of the olden days when references to the source material were the best one could hope to see, let alone references to an entire slate of films going back nearly a decade haha.

And I would hope to see JJJ involved with the Scorpion in some way, even inadvertently. But he will have to be introduced first. As noted it may be a hard thing for the character to bounce back from especially compare to the comedic perfection Simmons delivered each appearance. Something could happen at the start of the next film (after whichever one JJJ is introduced in) which pushes him to fund or seek out something to stop the Spider-Man he sees as such a menace.

---

In RDJs first scene while him and Peter are filming alibi videos to show Aunt May, he mentions Happy's work experience and says Happy was previously "Forehead of Security". Tony called Happy this while they were on a video call in Iron Man 3.

Not really an MCU easter egg but there's a fun Star Trek reference. In the scene with the hot dog vendor where there's a guy with a boom box whose credited as "Punk on Street" turns out it's the same actor from Star Trek IV who was credited there as "Punk on Bus"

[YT]JfCpDQKHcUw[/YT]

Honestly, its possible enough that Hammer Industries got some quantity of the stuff via "legitimate" channels. Which is to say, Hydra elements within Damage Control shunted salvage off to various parties while they were still in control, and Hammer Industries happened to be one of the recipients. After all, when Damage Control was founded, Hydra was still a few years from being exposed. They surely had their hands in the place.

Toomes? I can't *really* see him selling to a major defense corporation. Either they are honest enough to report him, or they are sketchy enough to try and steal his operation, or both. No upside for him; they would be one of the "big boys" whose attention he was trying to avoid.

Well on the black market it's more like you sell it to a guy, who sells it to a guy, etc., etc. And there would be a huge demand for alien tech like that so companies all over the place would get guys who can aquire it and make those deals.

I almost forgot... the way the shocker mantle is passed is a reference to all the legacy criminals in the comics... where in a characters history the name and skills are passed down to others using the same name/equipment/legacy

I geeked out over Mac Gargan, played by Michael Mando. The villain reference was nice but the Better Call Saul fan was jumping out of my seat.

Well on the black market it's more like you sell it to a guy, who sells it to a guy, etc., etc. And there would be a huge demand for alien tech like that so companies all over the place would get guys who can aquire it and make those deals.

That I could see, sure. There just would be a lot of intermediaries, and Toomes would keep it that way.

Which reminds, I suspect that in the eight years he was operating, there probably *was* at least one incident when someone else tried to muscle in on his operation. More likely a criminal gang than an evil corporation, sure, but someone. Obviously it didn't go well, given that one gang wanted supertech, and the other gang *had* supertech.

Im not sure it was an easter egg, per se, but the movie touched on why these guys don't just call up each other for every big bad.

Also most of the spidey tech people are griping about was actually found in the comics in some form or other throughout the years.... taser webs... web grenades... spider tracers, spidey signals, drones... even armored spider suits... all that really was missing was the spider van .. lol

Forgot to mention, but it surely has to be a Raimi homage when Spidey stands in front of the American flag slowly, just before the high-pitched hot dog vendor yells at him from the street corner.

Maybe it was too obvious to be mentioned, but Mac Gargan 's neck tattoo is a scorpion.

What is damage control? I had never heard that before this movie came out
17lu2f8hr6w0upng.png

Maybe it was too obvious to be mentioned, but Mac Gargan 's neck tattoo is a scorpion.

Any one have a photo of this? I have heard people talk about this but I didn't see it before when I saw the movie and had no idea that was who he was in till I came on hear lol.

Oh any one want to explain what it was about?
It's about a construction and demolition company that specializes in repairing the property damage caused by conflicts between superheroes and supervillains.

Damage Control was founded by Ms. Anne Marie Hoag and was originally owned by Tony Stark and Wilson Fisk, each owning half the stock of the company, though Stark felt uneasy cooperating with Fisk, a notorious criminal. The company was headquartered in New York's Flatiron Building.

Damage Control was basically Marvel's answer to 'Who rebuilt Metropolis after Man of Steel? 25 years'before Man of Steel was released

It's about a construction and demolition company that specializes in repairing the property damage caused by conflicts between superheroes and supervillains.

Damage Control was founded by Ms. Anne Marie Hoag and was originally owned by Tony Stark and Wilson Fisk, each owning half the stock of the company, though Stark felt uneasy cooperating with Fisk, a notorious criminal. The company was headquartered in New York's Flatiron Building.

Damage Control was basically Marvel's answer to 'Who rebuilt Metropolis after Man of Steel? 25 years'before Man of Steel was released

Oh I see thinks!

Oh I see thinks!
I believe Marvel was considering making a workplace comedy show with Damage Control as part of the MCU, it seems with the cancellation of Powerless they have scrapped that idea.
Has anyone noticed this yet?
https://io9.gizmodo.com/apparently-people-are-worshipping-the-norse-gods-again-1796887458

Apparently outside of the Thai restaurant Peter and Aunt May go there is a flyer that says "Korean Church of Asgard" lol.

I like that, nice subtle bit of world building.

The advisor for the academics team was the kid Bruce Banner bribed with pizza in order to get to the computer lab in The Incredible Hulk. In my mind it's the same character.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"