The Mental health thread

You can literally be any income bracket and be depressed. Depression is a chemical imbalance in your brain, it's not a matter of how much money you have.

Also just because money isn't a problem for you doesn't mean you don't have any problems.

No! :p

I'm trying (in vain?) to educate the guy. o_O

Well, in that case it's not just paragraphs. Some spelling and grammar too.

Try to focus on what really matters otherwise you'll become a Karen. What he really needs now is a friend, not a teacher.

You're the one with the proper training, work your magic, Flashy.

Well, in that case it's not just paragraphs. Some spelling and grammar too.
One thing at a time young woman. Baby steps. I can read through poor spelling and grammar. Walls of text without paragraphs are more taxing.

Try to focus on what really matters otherwise you'll become a Karen. What he really needs now is a friend, not a teacher.
I'm trying to focus on what really matters; even a friend would/should portray the same sentiments I am putting forward.

You're the one with the proper training, work your magic, Flashy.
I am trying.

I recognized a long time ago that I see things through different eyes than most people and just figure it's okay. It's hard for me to get intimidated by people in just about any situation. I don't mind being wrong about something or not knowing something. I rather see stuff like that as an opportunity to learn.

I recognized a long time ago that I see things through different eyes than most people and just figure it's okay. It's hard for me to get intimidated by people in just about any situation. I don't mind being wrong about something or not knowing something. I rather see stuff like that as an opportunity to learn.

One of life's lesson's is to know and learn that we don't have to 'compete' or meet a certain target by a certain age, whenever we reach a goal, whenever that is, IS FINE.

Our own journey is ours to negotiate at whatever pace suits our own footsteps. My own life and my place within my peers, given my start in life and the situations / circumstances that followed meant I was never going to be 'on top' or amongst the elite, but I know how much I've worked for, and gained through my own determination. The issue as such, is one's definition of 'success' and what that entails and means and is defined as by Person A or B.

Growing up, my Mum always used the story of 'The Tortoise & The Hare' as the point of reference to instill in me that I would get where I needed to be, that's something now in my adult life, I'm appreciative of.

One of life's lesson's is to know and learn that we don't have to 'compete' or meet a certain target by a certain age, whenever we reach a goal, whenever that is, IS FINE.

Our own journey is ours to negotiate at whatever pace suits our own footsteps. My own life and my place within my peers, given my start in life and the situations / circumstances that followed meant I was never going to be 'on top' or amongst the elite, but I know how much I've worked for, and gained through my own determination. The issue as such, is one's definition of 'success' and what that entails and means and is defined as by Person A or B.

I'm also kind of a minimalist. I don't need a lot of stuff and am more concerned about friendships (human and otherwise...ie dogs). I was on a Zoom call with some friends of mine from Santa Cruz (either now or years ago) the other day and we were talking about where we'd be living in 5 or 10 years. Someone was saying you can get really inexpensive places in Italy near the Mediterranean and my first thought, followed by words was, yeah, I'd like to wake up every morning to a nice view and have that available to me, but if you don't have your friends, what's the point?

I'm also kind of a minimalist. I don't need a lot of stuff and am more concerned about friendships (human and otherwise...ie dogs). I was on a Zoom call with some friends of mine from Santa Cruz (either now or years ago) the other day and we were talking about where we'd be living in 5 or 10 years. Someone was saying you can get really inexpensive places in Italy near the Mediterranean and my first thought, followed by words was, yeah, I'd like to wake up every morning to a nice view and have that available to me, but if you don't have your friends, what's the point?

I'm completely un-materialistic, always have been, even as a child. Having loved ones and people we feel a part of rather than apart from will always be my mantra.

I've had a tough life, a really tough one, but many others have equally, and having a handful of quality people around me that you know you can bank on, in your worst times, means far more than having money, possessions, wealth or anything really.

Can one keep a roof over one's head ? Yes. Can one feed oneself ? Yes. Can one wake each morning, knowing they are loved ? Yes. You have enough to survive and thrive in this world.

I realize I don’t see things the way a lot of other people do, and sometimes I say or think things that I guess aren’t....fashionable? I get side eyed quite a bit from certain people.

But the older I get, the more confident I get, for better or worse, about just saying my unvarnished opinion.

@spiderman2 , you really are hard work, you know that? However, in the festive spirit. I'm going to have to snip your posts down too, and try to focus on the core elements, cause there's just too much (respectful) nonsense and irrelevant information to cover otherwise.

Sticking to the facts, what exactly have you tried regarding a new career path? I don't want to hear about how much you hate your job, I already know that. I don't want to know what hasn't worked either, or where you've not been treated fairly because of experience or qualifications etc.

I want the facts from you, the bullet-points if you will - at this point, I'm only interested in what you've done to change your circumstances, not whether it has or hasn't worked. Try not to go off on a tangent.

Why do you feel the need to hide and/or suppress your feelings? This is where therapy would be useful to you I think; an opportunity for you to actually speak to someone who's unbiased and can read your body language as well as what you're saying.

Exercise isn't the only solution here. Sure, it'll burn calories and with any luck, you'll get a mental buzz about it, but the biggest obsticle when wanting to lose weight is diet, and I'm not talking (or suggesting) that you follow a diet; when I say diet, I mean control what you're eating - less sugar intake, more fruit, nuts, beans, white meat and vegetables.

If you eat right and avoid the snacking, within a few months (yes months, there's no quick fix for this) you'll be amazed in how different you look. I don't know what you're like with snacking, but every time you think about eating a chocolate bar or packet of crisps, do 15 press-ups instead. If you need something to eat, then grab something with natural sugar rather than refined; an apple, a handful of grapes etc.

I'm not remotely religious, and I don't believe in God, but if you do, then somewhere there's a plan for you, right? In your case, God has given you the tools to work your way through life, it's up to you how you choose to use them.

I knew this was going to come up... :rolleyes:

I cannot stress enough that a relationship isn't going to be a magical cure. If you have as much hate about the world as you seem to now, that's going to transition to your relationship and it'll break down because of it - and then you'll have something else to feel resentful of. You really need to sort yourself out before you dwell on relationship goals.

You're 31, I'm 33. I've been on a few dates, but I can't say I've ever been in a relationship myself either. I accept that. Sometimes life just doesn't throw you that bone, sometimes until later in life, or sometimes (as much as you're not going to want to accept it) at all. If that is indeed the case, then in order for a fulfilling life, you need to fill your life with other things.

Online dating as you've been told before doesn't work for everyone, and a lot of it is down to whether the user looks the part, not about who they are.

Whether it's Tinder, Plenty of Fish, Match etc, they're all the same, and they are, to be frank, toxic. You're doing yourself no favours being on them as you've rightfully acknowledged, it's knocking down your self esteem. I don't wish to sound harsh either, but if you're portraying yourself on them as you are here, can you really blame women that don't respond or run a mile? You're probably coming across as very needy and/or desperate, and that's never a good look.

I'm going to skip the rest of your first post because, quite frankly, you're blabbering on about women that wont return interest in you, and it's kinda' cringe-worthy to read.

I cannot stress this enough either, but please use paragraphs. If you're making a long post, write it in such a way that you're speaking. Every time you pause to take a breath or think, that's where you hit return on your keyboard and start a new paragraph. Reading a block wall of text is severely taxing on the eyes.

I also urge you to be specific with your replies too and not simply quote this and reply to everything as one reply, even if that means multiple posts.

When it comes to trying to get a new job I got a AA degree to just try to stand out more. Have had a few people look over my resume. I had like a highering place try to help me out. Why do I think I have to suppress/high my feelings? Well a few reasons. 1. I am at the point where I am so annoyed/pissed of with my job if I didn't try to hide it I would like just explode and get my self fired and being that I cant find a new job I cant really let my self get fired. 2. I fell like I have to hide how I fell because its my best luck giving of the impression that it didn't bother me if someone dont want to date me. Woman like confident guys. 3. Has a result its my best chance of not making the woman fell more awkward even though its going to make me fell worse and worse. 4 Kind of goes with 2 and 3 but its my best chance of the woman maybe changing her mind down the road about me if she thinks it dont bother me or at least wanting to hang out has friends by me not making her fell more awkward and by coming of less needy something else woman dont like needless.

I dont really snake much its more just that to often I want to eat ice cream, cookies etc because of my stress level and I have heard lack of sleep can also effect a little bit the amount of calories you burn of. I know diet is important but I think at least with how my body is I have to do both exercise and eating well I dont think just 1 is enough for me. I know it takes time to lose weight but if I go like a month with out eating any fast food, fried food, ice cream, cookies etc with out exercising I am lucky to lose 2 lbs. I have not done a good enough job with both at the same time to really see what kind of results I can get. Yes god is supposed to have a plain for me but its getting to the point where I fell like my only point is to suffer.

Yes I know I am not where I need to be for a relationship but I also cant just make my self not like someone that I like and not being able to be friends with someone I like only makes me more desperate to meet someone else because if I meet someone else than I wouldn't care so much about the current girl I like. If we could just be friends I wouldn't be has desperate to get a gf has I wouldn't fell like woman hate me so much. I know hate is a strong would but it truly makes me fell like she hates me or like there is just something wrong with me. Its like I need to focus less on a relationship but if the chance came up for one I wouldn't pass the chance up just because I am not where I want to be right now.

Well I know with online dating there are a lot more guys than there are girls and so that can make it hard. Its just another option has there may be people on there you would never come across in real life and even if you do get out a lot you are never going to meet ever single person. I dont have a lot of friends or big social circle so I just don't know how I am going to meet someone and the fact I seem to not even be good enough for someone to just want to be my friend just makes it seem like no woman would ever want a relationship with me. Well I have not had many if any woman message me back with online dating so I have not had any kind of change to come of to needy with them. How could you come of needy by just sending a single message asking them about one of there photos or about something they said in there profile? its just more the fact that I seem to get zero responds from woman online just seems to be more prof that I am a worthless loser who woman dont like. I must be to ugly or something.

Depression comes in many shapes and forms, and affects a lot of people very differently. It's kinda' naive of you to think it's one and the same thing for everyone.

You can have all the money in the world and be depressed. If you had millions, maybe you'd question your friendships and spouse; would they be with you because they liked you, or because you had money? If you were rich and knew that the people around you were only with you for your wealth, that could be a trigger for depression. If you had perfect health but no social network, friends or spouse, maybe you'd get depressed that you look great, but for all your efforts, you're still just alone?

Wealth is an element of ones foundation I suppose. It can aid in things such as security, health and what you can do, but it can't control your emotions. You can be the wealthiest person in the world, but if you're spending your evenings in your mansion by yourself with no aspirations, achievements or friends, what's the point in having all that money?

I know its not the same for ever one I just said its something I dont understand is all. I never said like having money would make your life perfect. Its more just that with out having to worry about money/job would take away a lot of stress and things to worry about. Yes the thing about having a lot of money that you brought up would be a problem but I know there are always some kind of problems in ones life but like healthy and job are the 2 main things that over wellm me. There are other things at times that bother me but those are the only things that really over wellm me.

I'm completely un-materialistic, always have been, even as a child. Having loved ones and people we feel a part of rather than apart from will always be my mantra.

I've had a tough life, a really tough one, but many others have equally, and having a handful of quality people around me that you know you can bank on, in your worst times, means far more than having money, possessions, wealth or anything really.

Can one keep a roof over one's head ? Yes. Can one feed oneself ? Yes. Can one wake each morning, knowing they are loved ? Yes. You have enough to survive and thrive in this world.

I do think money is overrated but I would still love to be rich. Its not so much that I need to like be able to buy everything. Its more that if I like all of a sudden was rich I could retire and do what I want. Its free time I value and how if you had enough money to just like simple live off of at a early age how great that would be. Also if you are rich it would give you the chance to help people a lot that you cant really help other wise. Thats like there are some people who have a lot of money but work so many hours its like who cares you would have like no time to spend the money or really do anything anyway.

Growing up, my Mum always used the story of 'The Tortoise & The Hare' as the point of reference to instill in me that I would get where I needed to be, that's something now in my adult life, I'm appreciative of.
Gotta' say, I love this analogy.

I only know of some of your hardships through private conversations we've had in the past (don't worry, I'm not about to share them). But between those and where you are not, you're a damn inspiration dude. ;)

Well @spiderman2 , I appreciate you breaking down your post into paragraphs, room for improvement, but it's a start, so thank you for that. I'm going to break this down into three parts (three posts) too, because there's seemingly three aspects to reply too here, so...

Part #1

Why do I think I have to suppress/high my feelings?

2. I fell like I have to hide how I fell because its my best luck giving of the impression that it didn't bother me if someone dont want to date me. Woman like confident guys. 3. Has a result its my best chance of not making the woman fell more awkward even though its going to make me fell worse and worse. 4 Kind of goes with 2 and 3 but its my best chance of the woman maybe changing her mind down the road about me if she thinks it dont bother me or at least wanting to hang out has friends by me not making her fell more awkward and by coming of less needy something else woman dont like needless.
And you're still overly focused on women. Why?

I dont really snake much its more just that to often I want to eat ice cream, cookies etc because of my stress level and I have heard lack of sleep can also effect a little bit the amount of calories you burn of. I know diet is important but I think at least with how my body is I have to do both exercise and eating well I dont think just 1 is enough for me. I know it takes time to lose weight but if I go like a month with out eating any fast food, fried food, ice cream, cookies etc with out exercising I am lucky to lose 2 lbs. I have not done a good enough job with both at the same time to really see what kind of results I can get.
It's a balance. My point was you aren't going to find yourself in better shape just by exercising; it's a mixing of being active, drinking and eating the right things (at the right times) and yes, sleep. If you're stressing and you're not sleeping, your body is in overtime trying to keep you going rather than correctly burning off what you've fuelled it with.

You don't need ice cream, cookies etc. If you're eating that as a coping mechanism, there's a chance you're addicted (take into account, there's no such thing as a sugar addition, but if you eat sugar, you crave sugar), and sugar cravings aren't going to do you any favours.

Replace your sugar with something else. You shouldn't cut sugar out, because oddly, that's not good for you either, but save the treats for actual treats; maybe go wild on your payday or something? If it's monthly, treat yourself to an ice cream or cookie or something then, rather than every other day, or when you're feeling low.

Presumably you've got this food in your home? That's your first mistake. When you do your groceries, simply don't buy it, that way, when you're at home, you can't be tempted. If it isn't there, you can't eat it.

You're not going to lose a great deal in a month just by diet, as said in the opener, it's a combination. If you can diet, exercise, get more sleep (7/8hrs is recommended per night) and drink more water, and if you can keep that up for say, three months, you'll notice a lot more than a 2lb weight loss.

I should stress too, I don't know your overall weight, but please take into account that muscle > fat, so you shouldn't focus too much on your weight (unless you're obese) but rather, your figure. I'm 78kg (172lbs?) and that's a good weight for me, though I still have a bit of fatty tissue I want to get rid of at some point, but I never go to the gym or do cardio with the intention of losing weight; it's more about redistributing it.

upload_2020-12-22_17-52-37.png

Part #2

Yes I know I am not where I need to be for a relationship but I also cant just make my self not like someone that I like and not being able to be friends with someone I like only makes me more desperate to meet someone else because if I meet someone else than I wouldn't care so much about the current girl I like. If we could just be friends I wouldn't be has desperate to get a gf has I wouldn't fell like woman hate me so much. I know hate is a strong would but it truly makes me fell like she hates me or like there is just something wrong with me. Its like I need to focus less on a relationship but if the chance came up for one I wouldn't pass the chance up just because I am not where I want to be right now.
Here's the problem, at least how I see it.

Whether you are aware of it or not seems irrelevant at this point, but I suspect there's a subconscious part of you that doesn't want female friends (plural), but wants a relationship with a woman, and you're seeing female friends as potential girlfriends and that's probably showing clearer than a transparent plastic bag.

Our emotions are one of our biggest obstacles, I've been knocked back before, and sure, it hurts, I've overthought situations, I've dwelled on what could have been had I said/did something differently, but at the end of the day, it is what it is/was and there's nothing I can do to change any of that. How do I continue on? Simple; I look at it as experience.

Whether it's a date gone south, or a cold shoulder to a comment made in passing. It's just life. If someone doesn't want to speak to, or acknowledge you, big deal. They aren't worth a second thought, or maybe they've just got something else going on in their life at that particular moment in time. Needless to say, persistence (in that instance) is a big no-no.

Deep down, when talking to someone, you will know whether there's any chemistry or not. You don't need a girlfriend, you'd like one, yes, but you don't need one. It's not life and/or death. I seem to have gone off on a tangent here, but to summarise, drop the needy child persona, cause it's not doing you any favours.

Well I have not had many if any woman message me back with online dating so I have not had any kind of change to come of to needy with them. How could you come of needy by just sending a single message asking them about one of there photos or about something they said in there profile? its just more the fact that I seem to get zero responds from woman online just seems to be more prof that I am a worthless loser who woman dont like. I must be to ugly or something.
As already mentioned, the virtual dating game is a harsh reality, and it's all about window shopping. Women are flooded with profiles of guys, many of who at a glance are probably better looking than you or me. It's possible that you're just not one of the stand out guys. Purely speculative, but lets say that you/we rate ourselves as average (so 5 or 6/10) there's guys using these apps that would rate themselves 9's & 10's, and they'd probably be 9's & 10's.

The majority of girls on those apps probably aren't going to respond or acknowledge anyone below an 8 - for reference. The app is their ocean, so why should any of them settle for a 4, 6 or 8 when they can potentially score with a 10? It's not fair, but that's life, and those apps are always going to cater to a specific class of people.

As for your messages, again, you've got to take into account that for every one message you send, that woman probably has at the very least ten other messages to read and reply too (or not). If she's got ten messages, she's probably going to have a quick read, check out the senders profile, decide whether she likes said profile, and then reply.

Your message is just one aspect here, you've got to also take into account your profile photos, and what you've written about yourself. If those don't match up to what said woman is looking for, why would she respond to you?

Part #3

I do think money is overrated but I would still love to be rich. Its not so much that I need to like be able to buy everything. Its more that if I like all of a sudden was rich I could retire and do what I want. Its free time I value and how if you had enough money to just like simple live off of at a early age how great that would be. Also if you are rich it would give you the chance to help people a lot that you cant really help other wise. Thats like there are some people who have a lot of money but work so many hours its like who cares you would have like no time to spend the money or really do anything anyway.
Okay, so lets say you won big on the lottery tomorrow, you could retire and do all the things that you wanted to do.

Name them. What exactly is it that you'd do with all of this money you'd suddenly have?

Gotta' say, I love this analogy.

I only know of some of your hardships through private conversations we've had in the past (don't worry, I'm not about to share them). But between those and where you are not, you're a damn inspiration dude. ;)

on the first point, aye my mum's a wise old bird.

on the second, bless you mate, that is so sweet, bless ya, means the world to read and hear, thank you my dear friend. :up:

Last edited:
You can literally be any income bracket and be depressed. Depression is a chemical imbalance in your brain, it's not a matter of how much money you have.

Also just because money isn't a problem for you doesn't mean you don't have any problems.
I won't lie. I think money can help a little as far as not having to worry about bills and such. But overall,I agree. One example I always give people is one of my favorite people,Kirsten Dunst. Back in 2008 she admitted herself into a hospital for depression. Here's a woman who is famous,beautiful,talented and has a ton of money,yet she suffered from a horrible mental illness. I often feel guilty because I have more than most do,and I'm relatively healthy,but mentally I'm lost.

I honestly felt very positive and chillaxed yesterday even at work, I even slept good last night, and today I've been angry and anxious and depressed all day and it's honestly kind of frustrating and disappointing. Some small part of me can't help but feel like the universe dangled one feel-good day in my face and then snatched it away and went MUHAHAHAHA

Good news! My E.C.G came back normal, so there’s no problems with my heart, blood sugar, blood pressure, etc. At least there’s one thing I don’t have to worry about!

Although, my episodes did cause my behaviour to become more erratic and fearful than usual, and ruin one of the few friendships I have.

A mixed bag, I guess.

I had the intense hankering to just chug a bottle of pills tonight, because this is all crazy bull****.

Well @spiderman2 , I appreciate you breaking down your post into paragraphs, room for improvement, but it's a start, so thank you for that. I'm going to break this down into three parts (three posts) too, because there's seemingly three aspects to reply too here, so...

Part #1

And you're still overly focused on women. Why?

It's a balance. My point was you aren't going to find yourself in better shape just by exercising; it's a mixing of being active, drinking and eating the right things (at the right times) and yes, sleep. If you're stressing and you're not sleeping, your body is in overtime trying to keep you going rather than correctly burning off what you've fuelled it with.

You don't need ice cream, cookies etc. If you're eating that as a coping mechanism, there's a chance you're addicted (take into account, there's no such thing as a sugar addition, but if you eat sugar, you crave sugar), and sugar cravings aren't going to do you any favours.

Replace your sugar with something else. You shouldn't cut sugar out, because oddly, that's not good for you either, but save the treats for actual treats; maybe go wild on your payday or something? If it's monthly, treat yourself to an ice cream or cookie or something then, rather than every other day, or when you're feeling low.

Presumably you've got this food in your home? That's your first mistake. When you do your groceries, simply don't buy it, that way, when you're at home, you can't be tempted. If it isn't there, you can't eat it.

You're not going to lose a great deal in a month just by diet, as said in the opener, it's a combination. If you can diet, exercise, get more sleep (7/8hrs is recommended per night) and drink more water, and if you can keep that up for say, three months, you'll notice a lot more than a 2lb weight loss.

I should stress too, I don't know your overall weight, but please take into account that muscle > fat, so you shouldn't focus too much on your weight (unless you're obese) but rather, your figure. I'm 78kg (172lbs?) and that's a good weight for me, though I still have a bit of fatty tissue I want to get rid of at some point, but I never go to the gym or do cardio with the intention of losing weight; it's more about redistributing it.

View attachment 40824

Part #2

Here's the problem, at least how I see it.

Whether you are aware of it or not seems irrelevant at this point, but I suspect there's a subconscious part of you that doesn't want female friends (plural), but wants a relationship with a woman, and you're seeing female friends as potential girlfriends and that's probably showing clearer than a transparent plastic bag.

Our emotions are one of our biggest obstacles, I've been knocked back before, and sure, it hurts, I've overthought situations, I've dwelled on what could have been had I said/did something differently, but at the end of the day, it is what it is/was and there's nothing I can do to change any of that. How do I continue on? Simple; I look at it as experience.

Whether it's a date gone south, or a cold shoulder to a comment made in passing. It's just life. If someone doesn't want to speak to, or acknowledge you, big deal. They aren't worth a second thought, or maybe they've just got something else going on in their life at that particular moment in time. Needless to say, persistence (in that instance) is a big no-no.

Deep down, when talking to someone, you will know whether there's any chemistry or not. You don't need a girlfriend, you'd like one, yes, but you don't need one. It's not life and/or death. I seem to have gone off on a tangent here, but to summarise, drop the needy child persona, cause it's not doing you any favours.

As already mentioned, the virtual dating game is a harsh reality, and it's all about window shopping. Women are flooded with profiles of guys, many of who at a glance are probably better looking than you or me. It's possible that you're just not one of the stand out guys. Purely speculative, but lets say that you/we rate ourselves as average (so 5 or 6/10) there's guys using these apps that would rate themselves 9's & 10's, and they'd probably be 9's & 10's.

The majority of girls on those apps probably aren't going to respond or acknowledge anyone below an 8 - for reference. The app is their ocean, so why should any of them settle for a 4, 6 or 8 when they can potentially score with a 10? It's not fair, but that's life, and those apps are always going to cater to a specific class of people.

As for your messages, again, you've got to take into account that for every one message you send, that woman probably has at the very least ten other messages to read and reply too (or not). If she's got ten messages, she's probably going to have a quick read, check out the senders profile, decide whether she likes said profile, and then reply.

Your message is just one aspect here, you've got to also take into account your profile photos, and what you've written about yourself. If those don't match up to what said woman is looking for, why would she respond to you?

Part #3

Okay, so lets say you won big on the lottery tomorrow, you could retire and do all the things that you wanted to do.

Name them. What exactly is it that you'd do with all of this money you'd suddenly have?

Part 1 Why woman? Because I fell like woman hate me and don't want my friendship. Guys on the other hand I don't fell like they hate me and fell like it's possible to make make friends. Well I am about 215 should not be more than like 185 for my height and I would say most of my issues is fat stomach. Yeah I am craving sugar because of my stress it is a coping mechanism has I just don't know how to deal with the stress any more.

Part 2 I really do just want female friends if I like someone and they don't fell the same way but I don't know how to not give of the impression that I want more even though I would be very happy for just there friendships. I fell like no matter what I am going to come of needy giving the impression that I am still trying to persue them romantically even though I am not. The problem is if I like someone I want them to like me back even if it's just at a friendship level and that wanting them to like me comes of needy. I am in a situation where the girl I like is pretty busy so I know I can't be presenints at this time because like you said that is a big no no but having to hide how much I want to hang out is killing me. I know I don't need a gf it's just the problem is if I like someone and we can't just hang out has friends than it makes me fell like I am not worthly of even female friendship has like I said makes me fell like they hate me and in turn that makes me more desperate for a gf so that way those fellings of felling worthless and like I am not good enough could go away.

You say deep down you will know if there is chemistry but that is not something I really understand. I don't pick up flirting and even if me and a girl talk a lot and we get along well I am going to have no clue if she likes me has just a friend or if she likes me more than just a friend. I get what you mean about online dating and woman having a lot of options but just seems like at some point I could get at least 1 woman to like message me back a good amount rather than like zero response has I only message woman if it seems like we have things in common rather than just anyone I think is good looking.

Part 3
Like I said it's not so much having a lot of money it's more just the free time that would create and how you could help people if you have a lot of money. Like you could find a good thing to donate a lot of money to.

Why woman? Because I fell like woman hate me and don't want my friendship.
And so what if they don't?

Maybe the women that you're interacting with simply aren't interested in forming friendships with you - or any other men for that matter.

Just because a person wants more friends, that doesn't mean said person is entitled to friendships.

Based upon your apparent need for them too, you're probably coming across as desperate, and/or trying to force something that simply isn't to be.

Well I am about 215 should not be more than like 185 for my height and I would say most of my issues is fat stomach. Yeah I am craving sugar because of my stress it is a coping mechanism has I just don't know how to deal with the stress any more.
But you've got to get a handle on this. You've been told what you need to do, now it's up to you to do it.

You say deep down you will know if there is chemistry but that is not something I really understand. I don't pick up flirting and even if me and a girl talk a lot and we get along well I am going to have no clue if she likes me has just a friend or if she likes me more than just a friend.
I said chemistry. That's not the same thing as flirting.

Chemistry would be shared interests, appreciating the same sense of humour or foods. Flirting would be touchy or innocent embarrassment/blushing around you.

If a girl likes you more than a friend, I think there's be a clear sign about it, however in your current state of mind, I'd be weary as you're probably more prone to seeing signs that aren't there because you want too.

I get what you mean about online dating and woman having a lot of options but just seems like at some point I could get at least 1 woman to like message me back a good amount rather than like zero response has I only message woman if it seems like we have things in common rather than just anyone I think is good looking.
That's simply the way of the dating world. It's crappy, but that's the way it is. Accept it and move on. You can't force someone to acknowledge you.

Like I said it's not so much having a lot of money it's more just the free time that would create and how you could help people if you have a lot of money. Like you could find a good thing to donate a lot of money to.
Okay, let me put it another way.

You've suddenly got all this free time, and you're going to donate all of this money.

On the one hand, if you keep donating you'll eventually end up back where you are, without your newfound wealth.

On the other hand, what exactly would you do with all of this free time?

You've made a big thing out of having all this money to better help you in your life, but you've not been able to say what you'd actually do with it, so one must question whether a better financial status is really what you need.

Part 1 Why woman? Because I fell like woman hate me and don't want my friendship. Guys on the other hand I don't fell like they hate me and fell like it's possible to make make friends. Well I am about 215 should not be more than like 185 for my height and I would say most of my issues is fat stomach. Yeah I am craving sugar because of my stress it is a coping mechanism has I just don't know how to deal with the stress any more.

Part 2 I really do just want female friends if I like someone and they don't fell the same way but I don't know how to not give of the impression that I want more even though I would be very happy for just there friendships. I fell like no matter what I am going to come of needy giving the impression that I am still trying to persue them romantically even though I am not. The problem is if I like someone I want them to like me back even if it's just at a friendship level and that wanting them to like me comes of needy. I am in a situation where the girl I like is pretty busy so I know I can't be presenints at this time because like you said that is a big no no but having to hide how much I want to hang out is killing me. I know I don't need a gf it's just the problem is if I like someone and we can't just hang out has friends than it makes me fell like I am not worthly of even female friendship has like I said makes me fell like they hate me and in turn that makes me more desperate for a gf so that way those fellings of felling worthless and like I am not good enough could go away.

You say deep down you will know if there is chemistry but that is not something I really understand. I don't pick up flirting and even if me and a girl talk a lot and we get along well I am going to have no clue if she likes me has just a friend or if she likes me more than just a friend. I get what you mean about online dating and woman having a lot of options but just seems like at some point I could get at least 1 woman to like message me back a good amount rather than like zero response has I only message woman if it seems like we have things in common rather than just anyone I think is good looking.

Part 3

If I may make a suggestion, if you feel you are overweight and it affects your self esteem, start an exercise program, watch what you eat and you'll lose weight. Take things in manageable chunks so you don't get overwhelmed. There are people who can help you with a regime. You will also feel better physically and mentally. Accomplishing a goal will help your mental outlook and self esteem. Take up a hobby. Get outside and walk around. Think of what you might want to do. Join a book club. DO something.

If I may make a suggestion, if you feel you are overweight and it affects your self esteem, start an exercise program, watch what you eat and you'll lose weight. Take things in manageable chunks so you don't get overwhelmed. There are people who can help you with a regime. You will also feel better physically and mentally. Accomplishing a goal will help your mental outlook and self esteem. Take up a hobby. Get outside and walk around. Think of what you might want to do. Join a book club. DO something.

The weight bothers my self esteem some but I would say its more been damaged by the lack of finding a job and the fact I fell like woman don't like me at even a friend level. The weight I just know I would physical fell at least a little better with losing a little heart burn and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"