Batman '89 The Michael Keaton Appreciation Thread

14194_batman_400_1.jpg

8 Little Known Facts That Made Michael Keaton's Batman Awesome
[YT]N2VuFd7hVjI[/YT]

One of my very favourite working actors and an awesome Batman and Bruce Wayne.

Jimmy Kimmel Tells Michael Keaton He Likes Spider-Man More Than Batman
[YT]eK-OSTfpdMA[/YT]

Michael Keaton Has High Standards For A Potential 'Beetlejuice' Sequel | Entertainment Weekly
[YT]qldeQjnBGPo[/YT]

Michael Keaton Reveals How He Approaches Acting & His 'The Founder' Role | Entertainment Weekly
[YT]vjEd24TRoNY[/YT]

'Spider-Man', 'Aquaman': Michael Keaton & Patrick Wilson On Playing Villains | Entertainment Weekly
[YT]bex0eVI9AWs[/YT]

Batman Poster That I Did. Would've Loved if He Stayed On For Two More Movies.

Last edited:
EXCLUSIVE: Michael Keaton on How the Superhero Genre Has Changed 25 Years After 'Batman Returns'
[YT]KpcPSO-oRaU[/YT]

Michael Keaton rocks. He was excellent as the Vulture.

Still unquestionably my favourite Batman. For all of Bale's shouting and Affleck's muscle, Keaton's Batman is still the only version I could really see myself being intimidated by. His piercing gaze when he first meets Selina Kyle is demonic looking and creepy as all hell. And though Affleck put in a good effort (helped massively by the writing), I still think Keaton offers up the most tortured and angst-ridden Bruce Wayne. Every time we see him sitting in the batcave, he looks totally consumed by the memory of his parents' murder.

Still unquestionably my favourite Batman. For all of Bale's shouting and Affleck's muscle, Keaton's Batman is still the only version I could really see myself being intimidated by. His piercing gaze when he first meets Selina Kyle is demonic looking and creepy as all hell. And though Affleck put in a good effort (helped massively by the writing), I still think Keaton offers up the most tortured and angst-ridden Bruce Wayne. Every time we see him sitting in the batcave, he looks totally consumed by the memory of his parents' murder.
Although Bale's Batman just edges it over Keaton's for me, I'll take Keaton's Bruce Wayne over Bale's any day. And The Dark Knight and Batman Returns pretty much tie for my top Batman film. Affleck is a close third for Batman and my number two for Bruce Wayne.

keaton is an out of the box decision that somehow worked very, very well.
even though his bruce wayne was a bit of an awkward loner, keaton brought an everyman charm to it.
he's not exactly the comic book bruce wayne, but it works for that retro-goth universe that tim burton created.

his batman is also the closest we'll probably ever get to the original 1939 batman.
mysterious, mostly silent, and killing criminals. lol.

Michael Keaton's Batman Is the United States' Favorite Dark Knight

According to data pulled by home-entertainment furniture company Valencia Theater Seating from over 150,000 tweets, Keaton is still the most popular actor to play Batman in live-action, winning 23 states and comfortably beating Christian Bale in second place with 18.

In a surprise revelation, Ben Affleck comes ahead of Robert Pattinson, winning seven states against two. Affleck played the role most prominently in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League, two films often ridiculed by critics and comic book purists.

When Batman Returns underperformed at the box office, Burton and Keaton left the franchise and Joel Schumacher took over as director, taking the series into a campier direction. He directed Val Kilmer and George Clooney in the title role; neither actor won any states in the recent Twitter survey. Adam West, who played a not-so-dark version of the Dark Knight in 120 episodes of the tongue-in-cheek, pop-art-influenced 1960s TV show as well as several spinoffs and specials, also came up empty-handed.

That's a big ouchie for Pattinson. Yikes.

Pattinson just needs more time in the role. Probably doesn't help that he is dealing with competing versions concurrently on the big screen though.

Takes the shine off it a little bit.

Last edited:
Pattinson just needs more time in the role. Probably doesn't help that he is dealing with competing versions concurrently on the big screen though.

Takes the shine of it a little bit.

True, but we've seen Batman actors come into the role and win everyone over in the first film.

I think the 'emo-Batman' dig rings true for many people, unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"