The MSJ Discussion and Praise

I'm a DD Movie fan. Loved the Theatrical Release, and absolutely enjoyed the Director's Cut. Ghost Rider will be awesome.

K-pax said:
The Daredevil guy directed this. We know how that one turned out. Aren't you worried this is gonna be just as rushed as that movie?

Oh, and can someone post a picture of Blackheart and Caretaker? I haven't seen those guys in the comics before. Then again, Im not that familiar with the Ghostrider character :yellow:

I loved DD & have yet to see the Directors cut, but will now with all the coments. When Bullseye killed Elektra and said "but me I'm magic" that's right off the Frank Miller classic page! Did not change a word! Now if the Punisher people were working on GR I would worry because let's face it the Punisher would never have used a popsicle as a torture tool to extract information!!!! GR will kick ass!!!! WORRY NOT TRUE BELIEVERS!!!!! :batman:

They didn't make Daredevil more like Spider-man. If they did, Daredevil might've been a much better film in theatres :) . The only thing they did to make it more like Spider-man was to put in more CG shots of DD swinging around. But more like Spider-man it was not.

BATMAN34, please read the first 3 issues of Punisher War Zone (by Chuck Dixon and John Romita Jr.), because Frank does indeed use a popsicle as a torture device. In fact that whole scene from the movie was taken from PWZ.
I loved that it was in it too. It showed that the writer not only read Welcome Back Frank, but also PWZ #1-3! :)

TheVileOne said:
They didn't make Daredevil more like Spider-man. If they did, Daredevil might've been a much better film in theatres :) . The only thing they did to make it more like Spider-man was to put in more CG shots of DD swinging around. But more like Spider-man it was not.

*sigh* you and your over-protective "spiderman movies rule" ,what i meant was that Rothman told MSJ to make it more spidey like,i.e lighter and more humourous which isn't what MSJ wanted as that's not what DD is

thanks hunter rider. now i see what rothman's been up to.
any word of him being in the credits for GR though??

Abe said:
thanks hunter rider. now i see what rothman's been up to.
any word of him being in the credits for GR though??

thankfully no,he is strictly a Fox guy,GR is at Sony same as Spiderman which is also good news

hunter rider said:
thankfully no,he is strictly a Fox guy,GR is at Sony same as Spiderman which is also good news

That in itself is a blessing, if you ask me.

Geez for the longest time I thought I was the only one who liked DD.

hunter rider said:
*sigh* you and your over-protective "spiderman movies rule" ,what i meant was that Rothman told MSJ to make it more spidey like,i.e lighter and more humourous which isn't what MSJ wanted as that's not what DD is
Well they didn't make it lighter and more humorous at all. They just made it crappier.

TheVileOne said:
Well they didn't make it lighter and more humorous at all. They just made it crappier.

didn't make it lighter ? they turned Foggy into a comedy sidekick and had that silly park fight between Matt and Elektra,2 humorous but totaly mis-placed scenes IMO

hunter rider said:
didn't make it lighter ? they turned Foggy into a comedy sidekick and had that silly park fight between Matt and Elektra,2 humorous but totaly mis-placed scenes IMO

Those weren't the only misplaced scenes. The whole movie was

K-pax said:
Those weren't the only misplaced scenes. The whole movie was

not if youve read Frank millers DD,there was several scenes in the film straight from those stories

hunter rider said:
not if youve read Frank millers DD,there was several scenes in the film straight from those stories

Too rushed. There wasn't enough character development and no transition in- between the scenes, too many plotholes: we don't get to know where/how/when and why he gets a hold of that suit (and an ugly one at that). Neither do they explain how he can have a secret lair in his apartment even though he is a pennyless lawyer who gets paid in fish. And all of a sudden he fights a chick so random that she might as well could have been introduced via a parachutelanding

I don't recall an explanation on how a penniless college kid who has no steady job (like, say, a lawyer) could have custom-made latex/spandex costume with one-way reflective lens for eyes either. Much less plausible than a lawyer who buys regular leather outfits and make minor adjustments to them.

Your point?

Yeah, what the heck was up with that totally random park fight scene? And why Ben Affleck as Matt Murdock? But I still have yet to check out that director's cut, heard good things obviously.

spidey.gif

NO, I CAN'T STOP YELLING, 'CAUSE THAT'S HOW I TALK!
-Dave Chappelle, Chappelle's Show

Random? He asked for her name, she turned away from him. He grabbed her hand, she got defensive. She tried to push his hand away, he made a counter move. She found that a blind man with such martial art skills to be fascinating and wanted to test him. He obliged. She was, at first, holding back until he told her not to.

It wasn't as though he sought her out and pounced on her for no reason.

Danger Mouse said:
Random? He asked for her name, she turned away from him. He grabbed her hand, she got defensive. She tried to push his hand away, he made a counter move. She found that a blind man with such martial art skills to be fascinating and wanted to test him. He obliged. She was, at first, holding back until he told her not to.

It wasn't as though he sought her out and pounced on her for no reason.

Hmmm.... I see your point, but for some reason I just found it random and out of place, and sort of unnecessary and irrelevant. Then the following day, they're (beep)ing. That's just me though, so chill out.
-by the way, Danger Mouse friggin rules.

spidey.gif

NO I CAN'T STOP YELLING, 'CAUSE THAT'S HOW I TALK!

K-pax said:
this guy sums the movie up well and its from here I borrowed that "random" comment

http://maddox.xmission.com/dare_devil.html

Haha, just checked it out, K-pax, and the first few times I saw this movie, I kinda stopped myself from asking, "How did he get all that high-tech stuff anyhow (the tank, all the costumes/weapons)?" But I shrugged it off, saying, "This is a comic book film, sometimes that sort of thing is irrelevant in SOME cases." Apparently not, though. As far as the rest of that article goes, yeah, for such a big fellow, Micheal Clarke Duncan is a nice-looking guy. I'm sure if Mark Steven Johnson looked hard enough he could've found a guy who could be more intimidating, as opposed to just getting the big names. But, as I recall, the movie was a bit rushed anyway. Oop, before I forget, while it was a somewhat cool scene, remember the part where Daredevil and Bullseye were fighting in the church, in front of the stained glass window, and Daredevil hears the sniper rifle from across the street, about to fire? Can you really see and aim that good through thick, multicolored stained glass? If somebody could clear that up for me I'd appreciate it. What else... the scene where Daredevil is following Elektra on the rooftops (to protect her from Bulleseye) after her father is murdered, some of my friends were saying, "Alright, well how'd he know where she was?" As a Daredevil reader, I was thinking to myself, "His heightened sense of smell led him to her." But MSJ didn't emphasize this in the movie (if that turned out to be the case) and just left the audience hanging in terms of that. Thankfully he's got more time on his hands with Ghost Rider, so maybe there won't be as many loose ends with this one.

spidey.gif

NO, I CAN'T STOP YELLING, 'CAUSE THAT'S HOW I TALK!

hunter rider said:

Foggy's always been a comedy sidekick. However, he should not be portrayed as a blithering idiot who doesn't know the first thing about law, like he was in the Director's Cut.

Bishop2 said:
Foggy's always been a comedy sidekick. However, he should not be portrayed as a blithering idiot who doesn't know the first thing about law, like he was in the Director's Cut.
That much I agree. He was second-chair, for goodness sake. He should've been on top of the case.

hunter rider said:
rothman is Fox's main man in these situations,he has a list of crimes as long as your arm and he is the guy that forced MSJ and Foster to mek it more like spiderman,i doubt MSJ would still be working with him if he was to blame

rothman is the guy who is aslo trying to ***** up x3 (deaths, not giving fans the characters they want, *****ty plots etc) and the reason alex proyas didnt want to direct x3 when given the opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"