The MSJ Discussion and Praise

Well, there have been a string of horrible comic book movies with exceptions these days (thankfully Batman is not one of them).

Therefore, this one is bound to be horrible simply because of the director. Since when did this guy get inaugurated as a comic book movie director? I mean come on. Daredevil was ridiculous. Did this guy even read the comic? SO yes, thankfully Nick Cage is a diehard fan of Ghost Rider but that doesn't mean he has any say, so Johnson can go ruin the movie, which is bound to be bad anyway.

Not to sound pessimistic as I haven't even seen the trailer, but after the horrible creation of Daredevil, I have every right to be. The effects will probably be cool, especially with Ghost Rider. Mephisto? Blackheart? Anyone else willing to make an appearance will end up looking dumb. I'm picturing it to be a lot like the ending of Mortal Kombat 2 where Ghost Rider usses his "powers" and morphs into a dinosaur to battle Blackheart.

See the director´s cut of DD. It´s a much better movie.

Okay first of all,what do you mean saying batman is not one of them do you mean batman Begins was a horrible movie or the opposite?,second yes daredevil was awfull but that does'nt mean that MSJ is a bad director every director has had its bad moments, so you have to give him a chance, i think sony is giving him liberty enough to create his whole vision of GR and that the cut we will see in the theater will be his complete vision of the story,there are possibilities with GR that DD didn't have there's more spectacular things you can achieve with him,plus the suit(leather jacket boots spikes etc) are pretty acurate to the source material which was'nt the case with DD and from what he said answering the fans in this forum, he has more confidence this time around and has obviously learned from his mistakes in DD, so don't jump to conclusions so soon at least not until we have seen GR fully concieved in an oficial trailer, have some faith.

Lawless, I'd take a look at the 'Ask MSJ part 2' thread before you judge either the director or the film.

A little pessimism isn't a bad thing. Maybe I'm getting a little too wildly optimistic and risking a little disappointment. However, the director's comments are bang-on what this Ghost Rider fan wants to see on screen at the end of the day and the images from the production that I've seen courtesy of the other fans on this superb board have really impressed me.

Also, as I understand it, Nic Cage was a major driving force behind this film getting made in the first place and I reckon he probably made significant contributions, at least while he was working on the picture. Mark Steven Johnson is very fan friendly, as his posts on this board show, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that he was influenced by some of the suggestions and comments the fans made. I applaud him for being so open.

You didn't like Daredevil and that's fine, but I'm hoping you might find reason to be more confident in this film. For one thing, this was a Sony movie, not a Fox movie as DD was and Sony have received nothing but praise from Sam Raimi and Mark Steven Johnson for the freedom and cooperation they have given them.

So, please read through these threads and you might find many reasons to look forward to this film.

:up:

Batman Begins was crap! Why is that movie on a pedastool, it sucked! :mad:

MSJ isn't a better director than Nolan but hes definitely a better comic book director.

Its Nic Cage I'm worried about. I can't see him in this role.

This movies gonna blow up big!!!Especially cause Sony got its back!!!

Yeah really there is no Fox or Lion gate films to bust the directors balls

MSJ learned from his mistakes, this movie will deliever

to bad it is not R though......

Mr. Freeze said:
Yeah really there is no Fox or Lion gate films to bust the directors balls

MSJ learned from his mistakes, this movie will deliever

to bad it is not R though......

I think that he will deliver because he knows GR. He wouldn't want to ruin this so I would wait to see the movie or a trailer to judge for now.

lawless said:
Well, there have been a string of horrible comic book movies with exceptions these days (thankfully Batman is not one of them).

Therefore, this one is bound to be horrible simply because of the director. Since when did this guy get inaugurated as a comic book movie director? I mean come on. Daredevil was ridiculous. Did this guy even read the comic? SO yes, thankfully Nick Cage is a diehard fan of Ghost Rider but that doesn't mean he has any say, so Johnson can go ruin the movie, which is bound to be bad anyway.

Not to sound pessimistic as I haven't even seen the trailer, but after the horrible creation of Daredevil, I have every right to be. The effects will probably be cool, especially with Ghost Rider. Mephisto? Blackheart? Anyone else willing to make an appearance will end up looking dumb. I'm picturing it to be a lot like the ending of Mortal Kombat 2 where Ghost Rider usses his "powers" and morphs into a dinosaur to battle Blackheart.

WTF man oh man I have sen them all now, people teeling us it will be like Spawn only worse, and now this

Ghost Riders voice is going to shake the Theaters, I don't think there will be any need to morph into anything other then himself

You have some realy solid actors and Actresses taking the reigns here, Cage is well respected, Fonda is an Icon, Bentley will probubly fill the evil role quite well, and Eva is a hotty, who isn't the best actress in the world but she isn't just there for eye candy either.

I was watchin' the DD Directors Cut with commantary just the other day and realized another reason why Mark is so perfect for this movie; he loves Motorcycles. I thought that was pretty neat. Not only is he a huge fan of the Character himself but also he is also a major fan of a major part of the storyline.

I wonder if he got into Motorcycles because of Ghost Rider?

A little bit of info from here; http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0508/20/ghostrider.htm

Question: Daredevil, I was really let down. What happened?

Johnson: Sorry you didn't dig it. I think we'll let Eva answer that one. (laughs) Dude, it's totally OK if you didn't like it. I know some people love it, some people hate it. I do think the director's cut is a much better version of the movie. (applause) If you would take the time to see that, I could defend that movie pretty well. There are some battles that you are going to lose. There were 30 minutes of story that got cut out. When you cut the story out of the movie, you're in big trouble. It was one of those battles that you find yourself in. You wage a war to make the best movie you can. I still think the movie is good even though it's up-and-down.

Luckily, in this case, we have a studio behind us that really gets us and has really been supportive and has given us what we need to make it right.

You guys would have been smothered by Pirates 2. No doubt about it. Also with Majesco dropping the video game and handing it over to Climax it gives the new company time to not rush the product.

I'm sure I speak for everyone here. You give us the best Ghost Rider movie you can...and we'll wait till 2007. No biggie. I just hope it's not a short movie. :)

For those who can't wait....GOT RITALIN?

Stop trying to get him to send you free stuff. J/K

^^^ Oh yeah please send me a Ghost Rider skull candle. Hey...tha'ts a great idea! :)

Im not very happy with the push back,I was always for it coming out in Aug but Feb is in my opionion just stupid!

This is good news. Sony's international release date page was a mess. Maybe now we'll see something that makes sense. :up:

Year in, year out I dispair over floods of certain kinds of movie titles in selected months and each year I shake my head at film distributers leaving huge holes elsewhere in the year where I can't sell a damn thing. As summer kicks off here we got Harry Potter delayed one week with the end result being Potter one week, then a one week gap with no new releases, before the chaos of two made-in-NZ monsters only five days apart. :( I recall I, Robot Spider-man, King Arthur and Riddick doing something almost identical release-wise in the middle of last year and I can't for the life of me figure why distributers can't throw us a lucretive bone or two early in the year.

The part I can figure out is that the big simultaneous release blockbusters come out with northern summer releases, while the not-so-big releases, say Riddick for example, come out earlier, but then distribution costs being what they are (for titles like Riddick) the prints finish a U.S. run and get shipped my way for second hand use months later. So the damn things gets jammed together with the big names here anyway. :mad:

Hooray for something marketable in the January to May wasteland of movie releases! :D Even if I have to wait for GR I'm hoping I might get it through before the end of April although really I'd like to get it February/March if possible. :up:

Lightning Strikez! said:
Getting a little thread-happy aren't ya there Blades? :p

2 or 3 whole threads. WOW! C'mon LS half the threads here are filled with posts whining about the thread itself. Just like the clown in the X3 forums saying my X3 thread should be in the non-spoilers section. Everyone is so busy kissing Retroman's hiney when he posts about who's being considered to score X3 and what company is doing visual effects in the spoilers section. What's the diff? If you guys would save that energy and use it in threads you're interested in you'd realize you're being 3 times as productive. See now I"ve wasted one more post. Damnit! :)

100% indeed. I've known for a while that this project would not have been handled properly by any other man and seeing the recent footage has only solidifed that thought.

MSJ, if you're reading this, you're team is doing amazing work. The next year will be an interesting one to watch unfold. I can't wait to see what Sony has up their sleeves for a promotion campaign.

*Smooch*
*Smooch*
*Smooch*

MSJ: "Enough! My buttcheex are getting red!" :mad:

Hey, I tell it like I see it and I love what I see.

Yep I agree with ya Flamehead tell it like I see it and yep love what I see with this movie haveing MSJ going the extra mile and then some for all of us fans ect:up:

That's what's best about it all. A man kind enough to let us be the some of the first to know about the situation and have it come directly from him. He cares about the fans and that matters to me.

I wonder if he chats on other sites or is it just here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"