The MSJ Discussion and Praise

I don't think he is IMO, because his last comic book adaption, Daredevil (2003), just plain sucked!:ghost:

Well, we can expect this to happen more and more over the next year but, it's still a useless thread and more than likely will be deleted and/or merged.

To answer the question asked; the movie has been filmed and mostly completed. Whether he's right for it or not doesn't matter anymore. Judgement time starts in Feb 2007, not after DD was completed.

Well i think he can be a great director if he grew some balls. He really needs to be blunt and a @$$ when it comes to asking for money for effects. i think it was some of the effects in daredevil that kinda made the movie bad but it could have been worse i mean remember STEEL with shaq now thats what i call a Bad movie.

Whether he is the right director or not is irrelevant now as the movie has completed shooting.

And imo DD was good and the Directors Cut was great!!

oh yeah and yes this is a pointless thread!!

Well I don't think we should judge something until we have seen it. Sorry if that seems a little crazy.

I'm just here to pad my most count.

I'll pre-judge the movie when I see the previews and commercials. Because I can.

Since when is 100+ million a failure (DD)? DD was a great movie, the studio made MSJ do sh!± he didnt wanna do, the directors cut was even better.

MSJ got a lot of garbage for DD, it was a great movie, and IMO couldnt be made any better. He was a huge fan of the flick, and it ended up grossing 100+ mill domestic. What more could you ask for? Not every coming film will make 200+... it just doesnt happen

Cold2daToucH004 said:
Since when is 100+ million a failure (DD)? DD was a great movie, the studio made MSJ do sh!± he didnt wanna do, the directors cut was even better.

MSJ got a lot of garbage for DD, it was a great movie, and IMO couldnt be made any better. He was a huge fan of the flick, and it ended up grossing 100+ mill domestic. What more could you ask for? Not every coming film will make 200+... it just doesnt happen

Then tell me what other movies you think are great so i don't waste my money. Heehee . guess we have different tastes in movies and ideas of good dialogue and action since i think daredevil was the second worst marvel movie made, the worst for me was the punisher (the newest one, thought Dolph's at least had him use guns more than twice and had the attitude of punisher) The effects for GR so far looks good and at least MSJ got rid of the Native American mythos that was seen in the original scripting of GR. so it looks somewhat promising would have rather seen Keifer for the starring role, but i know Cage really persued this one which kinda makes me nervous since Ben AFFLACK !!!! did the same with Daredevil.

I thought DD could have been alot better & I don't hold out much for GR. My biggest complaint w/ DD was they kept playing music in just about every friggin' scene making it resemble a music video & not an action film. I mean, where the heck was Stick?!

I loved Daredevil, and thought the Director's Cut was it-and-a-bit. Heck, I might even watch it tonight! :)
That being written, MSJ has my full support on Ghost Rider.

I say wait until you see the final product. Directors can do very different films, even in the same genre, over the course of their career.

Compare Hellraiser (directed by Clive Barker) to Nightbreed or Lord of Illusions (also directed by Barker). You've got three films, all written and directed by thee same guy, with extremely different looks and feels.

Not only that, but the character focus between DD and GR are ridiculously different.

You can't judge GR based on DD, plain and simple.

I think a good example would be Joel Schumacher. He made 2 horrible Batman films yet most of his other movies are great.

rscal said:
Then tell me what other movies you think are great so i don't waste my money. Heehee . guess we have different tastes in movies and ideas of good dialogue and action since i think daredevil was the second worst marvel movie made, the worst for me was the punisher (the newest one, thought Dolph's at least had him use guns more than twice and had the attitude of punisher) The effects for GR so far looks good and at least MSJ got rid of the Native American mythos that was seen in the original scripting of GR. so it looks somewhat promising would have rather seen Keifer for the starring role, but i know Cage really persued this one which kinda makes me nervous since Ben AFFLACK !!!! did the same with Daredevil.
You just said you liked Dolph's Punisher, therefore... this conversation ends here.

str8raz0r said:
Compare Hellraiser (directed by Clive Barker) to Nightbreed or Lord of Illusions (also directed by Barker). You've got three films, all written and directed by thee same guy, with extremely different looks and feels.
I agree 100%. Look at Robert Rodriguez. It's hard to think the guy that did Spy Kids brought Sin City to life. I think most of us agree that Daredevil wasn't as good as it could have been. I'm pretty sure most agree that the director's cut was fantastic, and showed how much a studio can butcher a film. In the end, Daredevil doesn't have anything to do with Ghost Rider. MSJ has been on this project for years, he knows the comics, and he wants a kick ass Ghost Rider movie as much as we do. I know I can't wait to see what he's done with Ghosty.

We will see when the movie is out, but the Daredevil DC was quite good, so Im optimistic ;)

NO! They nixed Grease 3?! How could they?!

Oh, wrong article.

Anyway, would be interested in seeing a Daredevil 2, although I still need to see the Director's Cut. Waiting for the next set of dvd sales that include it. Hopefully by Christmas.

Didn't see much, well, anything on Ghost Rider in that link.

Oh my god. Did MSJ really say he is interested in Preacher?? MSJ man...we need to talk so I can tell you how much I love you.

Yeah posted in the wizard world texas thread. And I wait for the day when MSJ will not rock my socks.

Wow I didn't know there was interst in a DD2 movie, cool.
I haven't seen the directors cut either NDX, is it out yet, I really haven't been looking for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"