The MSJ Discussion and Praise

Get it

I liked the theatrical cut

then I saw the DC

I now think the theatrical cut is ****

YAHOO!!! OMG, sounds like its going to happen, yeah, i can't wait to see it, they should need to bring all the actors back and change the studio this time, so that MARK STEVEN JOHNSON could make his own movie, i think SONY would be good as they were very supportive with MARK STEVEN JOHNSON on GHOST RIDER!!!

:daredevil :daredevil :daredevil
AFFLECK played a superb DAREDEVIL!!!

:ghost: :ghost: :ghost:
Can't wait to see it!!!

Johnson said he might be interested in using Marvel's version of Scarecrow, who was in his original plans for the first Ghost Rider film before hearing that a Scarecrow would be in Batman Begins.

"I think you could still do it here and do Marvel's version of Scarecrow, which was such a cool character," Johnson said.

Damn you Batman!

auzi said:
YAHOO!!! OMG, sounds like its going to happen, yeah, i can't wait to see it, they should need to bring all the actors back and change the studio this time, so that MARK STEVEN JOHNSON could make his own movie, i think SONY would be good as they were very supportive with MARK STEVEN JOHNSON on GHOST RIDER!!!
Not one for book learning are you

Exciting news on the DD2 front... but, I really don't know what to expect at this point. If GR is successfull, there definitely will be a sequel which will likely happen right away. That's at least a 2 year wait for DD to even start. By then, either the previous ill reviewed verision will be forgotten (for the better perhaps) or the character will be and the lack of interest may remove any reason to do a sequel... from a studio point of view.

Also, Mark may want to do something else in between these Superhero flicks, just to change it up a little. I think he mentioned a comedy recently, didn't he? Personally, I'd like to see him take on something else in between, or sometime soon anyway. What intrigues me most about the man as a director (besides the obvious GR connection of course) is his vesatility. 'Simon Birch' and DareDevil (and/or Ghost Rider) are two completly different movies afterall and I'm sure Mark has a whole other skillset he's achin' to explore.

Either way, whatever Mark chooses as his next projects in the coming years, I'm sure he's made a lot of fans here who'll support him along the way, no matter what it is. Me included.

Great News!

MSJ doing 'Preacher' would be fantastic!

But of course I know he wants to do GR2 before anything else...as long as GR is successful Box-Office wise, which I'm sure it will be. It's getting so close, and I keep getting more excited! It looks SOOOO good. I hope it delivers.

DD2 I could do without, but if the story is right and actors are good this time (no Ben and Jen!)...I'd be all for it Mark.

CAH

I just thought we should start a thread since MSJ comes by, to say thank you.

His passion and drive has made my dream come true at least, bad ole Johnny B. riding large and mean on the big screen. Without MSJ I don't think this would have happened, no offense to Nic.

Thanks Mark for perservering and putting up with so much crap about the early shots. This movie will be great and I wanted to say thank you here on the boards.

You have done an amazing job in taking the best of the Rider Lore and putting together an amazing looking movie. I cannot wait to see the finished product.

I cannot wait to see my main man on the big screen. I have written on my blog and elsewhere, but Johnny has always been a hero that I could relate to in many ways, so to see him on the big screen is just amazing. He was the hero for me as a kid, a teen and now an "older" guy who just spoke to my situations. He is not a press favorite and he has struggles in a lot of areas. He is on the side of good, while being the bounty hunter for the devil.

Thanks Mark for making a dream a reality for me.

Flamehead -- thanks for all you have done to make this section Rock here at the Hype and welcoming me aboard. Like I said, this is a great community and you have brought us together. Thanks!

I'd also like to thank MSJ for the movie. It looks passed amazing.:cool:

Flamehead is a great poster too.:up:

THERE'S A POSTER OF FH? :D
Nice job these last few days on the boards FH! You've done a great job!

Yes indeedy, MSJ has proved to me that he's the best guy for the job. He knows his stuff and is a very capable director. And his contact with us little people here goes to show what a gutsy, thoroughly decent and respectful fella he is.

As for Flamehead. Well, he's the Big Cheese, the Top Dog, Numero Uno Honcho on this here board. He makes everyone feel welcome. He's a gent and a scholar.

Respect to you both, my friends.

:woot:

Just watched the trailer for the 100th time and I must say that if it is anything to go by this movie is going to be a work of art.

Daredevil was my second fave Superhero movie (after Spider-Man) but both these already look set to be making a drop to third and second place respectively because this movie just looks to damn cool.

Seriously I am looking a hell of a lot more forward to this move then SM3 and that one has Venom in it, and anyone who remembers me on these boards should no that my love for the character of Venom knows no bounds.

So for you to make me put a movie with Venom in it below another just shows that you are not just a great director...you're a bloody GOD!

I know!

I'm really excited and I really don't have many doubts!:wow:

MSJ is great!:up:

I too have the feeling that this flick is going to be surprisingly good.

MSJ is hella cool.

GR will be his masterpiece.

CAH

I hope the GR movie starts a new Monster trend and Werewolf by Night finally gets made.

Hey Mark Vartha just announced your next project for you

Werewolf by Night

Heh we should start a "Mark for Werewolf by Night" petition.

Nay, before that MSJ MUST do GR sequel with Scarecrow, the Real, crazy as hell, sick, trusty rusty's friend straw head.

I gotta be honest the trailers don't impress me much, MSJ isn't a very good director to me. Plus how is a Ghostrider movie PG-13?

It just feels all wrong.

I gotta be honest the trailers don't impress me much, MSJ isn't a very good director to me. Plus how is a Ghostrider movie PG-13?

It just feels all wrong.

How is Ghost Rider NOT PG-13?? I dunno there is like some weird perception that Ghost Rider just goes around killing people like the Punisher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"