The NEW 2014/2015 NBA thread: Not the Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brooklyn tied the series 2-2. Still think they will win this series. Just not sold on Atlanta.

I'm shocked. The Hawks really haven't been playing like a contender for the past few months. They should be handling this mediocre Nets team.

I'm shocked. The Hawks really haven't been playing like a contender for the past few months. They should be handling this mediocre Nets team.

I'm not. Atlanta seems to be one of those teams that play playoff basketball during the regular season, which explains their great regular season. Come playoff time, they can't play any better. I actually think with the talent Brooklyn has, they can play better and will. You are seeing it now.

No that's ridiculous, he doesn't have a ring because he's gone up against better teams in the brutal west. Name the team they should have beat that they lost to? OKC and San Antonio are just flat out better than they were those years, and it wasn't CP3's fault they lost. You are being way too binary with this, instead of looking at the whole picture. Its such an easy thing for a fan to say "WHERE DA RINGZZZ DOE?!". Being a Kobe fan I know that's their main defense for him. I have never looked at a series the Clippers have lost and thought CP3 was the reason they didn't get over the hump. I've looked at Blake and DeAndre and their FT woes, I've looked at their bench but CP3 has never had a series that he's disappeared in.

And good for the Clippers, Austin Rivers and the bench showed up 1 game out of 4 so far. If they can at least give average production going forward I give the Clippers a good shot of taking the Spurs. Don't act like one game is enough to pretend their bench isn't hot garbage 99% of the time.

I'm not sure why you keep talking about just rings. I specifically keep saying at least Conference Finals. At least that. Did Stockton win a ring? No. Was he better than Chris Paul? You damn right he was. Did Nash or Payton win a ring? No. Were they better than Chris Paul? IMO, yeah they were.

If you recall, the Thunder completely collapsed to lose Game 4 of their series last season. LA returned the favor by blowing Game 5 after being up double digits (not to mention "Point God" Chris Paul fouled Westbrook shooting a 3 to help take the lead, then got the ball stolen from him to seal it).

They also had OKC down double digits in Game 6 damn near the whole time until they let them back into it. So how weren't the Clippers supposed to win? OKC gave them every opportunity. I hear not only is he the best offensive PG, he's supposedly the best defensive one too, which is even more ridiculous. But if that's the case, stop Westbrook from averaging almost 27, 7 & 7 and maybe they could've won.

They certainly were the favorites to beat Memphis the year before, let's not even try to deny that. CP3 was a no-show for Game 3 of that series, and got tossed in the last game, purposely IMO, so he didn't have to stand out there in the waning moments.

If fans and media weren't so forgiving with this dude, I wouldn't have anything to say. But he's done literally nothing in the postseason, and has had the talent to at least make it to the Conference Finals. If he's really everything you guys say he is, of course. The West is hard for everybody, it's been that way since 2000. If the Clippers squandered their best opportunities to advance, that's their fault. And on any other team, the leader of that team bears the brunt of the criticism when they fail. Particularly in Basketball and especially when people lump you in with All-time greats. There's certain expectations that come with that, that's how it is for all the top players, he should not be exempt from that...

Last edited:
Love was making a basketball play by shoving his arm into him?

Any replays I watched the most love was doing was essentially boxing him out from getting to the ball. Olynik just grabbed him and tugged his hardest. I don't think he purposely did it, but it certainly wasn't needed. Also why would Olynyk have been given a 1 game suspension if what he did was nothing more than an accident. . C'mon man.

I'm trying to watch this as objectively as possible but I mean cmon, olynyk clearly tries to rip him away from the play. That's a bs move.

http://streamable.com/88q4

Congrats to Boston on missinf out on a good draft pick and getting swept in the first round. Hope those playera and fans are happy!

Last edited:
With the "better teams" of the Bulls and the Hawks struggling with the Nets and Bucks, I'm not as worried as I should be for the Cavs right now. Hopefully one of the lower seeds pulls an upset.

I'm from Cleveland, as well. Brad Stevens should be called out for resorting to thug ball. As long as we have the king we still make it to the finals.

Please it's two big guys fighting for the rebound, then loose ball in a playoff game. Olynyk was clearly trying to pull him across in front of himself so he could slip behind and scrap for the ball.

The only reason more is being made of this is because today's players think they need more reason to step up for big games and because Love is hurt and salty.

Eh, I don't know that they played "thug ball" as you said, I think for the most part it was a well and hard played series and Boston was very competitive. If anything the Cavs showed signs of thuggery in that last game, be it justified or not.

Also I wouldn't call the finals a certainty by any means. The Bulls, Hawks, and Wizards could all give the Cavs problems and tthat's before even considering anyone in the West. Then subtract Kevin Love from at least one full series, if not more, and it's disaster waiting to happen.

But I enjoy your enthusiasm lol

Please it's two big guys fighting for the rebound, then loose ball in a playoff game. Olynyk was clearly trying to pull him across in front of himself so he could slip behind and scrap for the ball.

The only reason more is being made of this is because today's players think they need more reason to step up for big games and because Love is hurt and salty.

Who knows if it was intended or not, but you don't get suspended for a game for just fighting for a rebound. That's my only rebuttle is that whoever makes those decisions for the league saw that that play was not ordinary.

You do when the league is trying to make a statement about off-ball physicality.

The league is far softer in terms of what it allows for fighting for position/rebounds than it ever has been at any other point in history.

I'm not at all surprised he got suspended. Doesn't mean he should have been.

Aaand Love's out the rest of the post season. Of coursem

Well. That sucks. Like the Cleveland motto says, there is always next year. Even if we win the East, there is no way we beat a team like Golden State without Love.

That is absolutely brutal for Cleveland. Though I will that if Cleveland goes to and wins the championship, LeBron will have to put the whole team on his back.

If he does that, he will win a myriad of respect. Nobody will ever discredit him by "needing help."

Yeah, Kyrie is good (with potential to be great)...but inconsistent.

LeBron said he came to Cleveland to be the guy and prove he can bring the city a championship. Well, its hard to ask for a more story book situation than this. If LeBron can bring Cleveland a championship, without Kevin Love, his legacy is forever cemented. His career has built to this. If he can't....well, it plays into the narrative of a guy who cannot get the job done when it counts/on his own.

I'd say this playoff run will be more indicative of LeBron's ultimate legacy than any other. It'll be fun to watch.

I won't write off the Cavs. The team is still very strong in talent and can still space the floor, the frontcourt will suffer no doubt but hopefully others will rise to the challenge. I don't see this as an "all on LeBrons back" moment, but it partly is now. He still has a strong, though unproven team, around him.

The playoffs got much more interesting. ...go bucks! Lol

Should play Shawn Marion more and look to get up and down the floor more on turnovers.

He doesn't have Love's size, but will help plenty with spacing and would create more matchup problems for their opponents than he'd allow. Not saying give him Tristan Thompson' s minutes - He's been doing great - but they should give him a bigger role, particularly with Love out.

Yeah I think we'll be seeing Marion, Miller, and James Jones getting some meaningful minutes now. Or at least until Blatt and co. find a rotation of players that are effective.

I forsee a ton of small ball and LeBron at the 4 in the near future haha.

Marion can play 4 as well... which is why I'm so surprised the Cavs haven't used him more (unless they've been saving his aging body for playoffs/late playoffs).

The potential of a Marion/James forward pairing with both splitting 3/4 duties has great potential If used properly.

Marion can play 4 as well... which is why I'm so surprised the Cavs haven't used him more (unless they've been saving his aging body for playoffs/late playoffs).

The potential of a Marion/James forward pairing with both splitting 3/4 duties has great potential If used properly.
Its because Marion is done. He looked extremely mediocre anytime he was on the floor and looks like he probably should have retired last summer.

If the Cavs season is down to the mothballs of Marion/Miller/Jones....say hello to Round Three Chicago.

Ah, K.

Haven't seen enough of him this season myself to really make that call either way.

Its because Marion is done. He looked extremely mediocre anytime he was on the floor and looks like he probably should have retired last summer.

If the Cavs season is down to the mothballs of Marion/Miller/Jones....say hello to Round Three Chicago.

I dont think the season depends on them, but one man goes down a few are going to have to step up in roles. They've still got LeBron, Kyrie, Shumpert, Thompson, Mozgov, and Smith (in game 3 and beyond) who have all been key parts to the success of the team. If Marion/Jones/Miller/Harris can make up for even 25% of the loss of Love, they'll still be fine.

I really wish Dirk would stop shooting 3's. I've seen him make one all season. His mid-range is 1000 times more effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"