The New Improved Official Stupid Question Thread Marvel Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh... I want to come back with some snarky rebuttal....

but I have absolutely no grounds to stand on :(

X-Men Rule! :D

Has anyone read the new conan comic? Is it even still Marvel?

I used to collect all the old conan's back late 70's early 80's ish. Just wondering if it's worth a buy.

I don't know about the current one, but Busiek/Nord run was effin' awesome.

Conan's been published by Dark Horse for the last few years.

Fun fact about Busiek: He wrote a fan letter to Thor in the late '70s expressing his enjoyment of an issue and his disdain for "Conan, Red Sonja, and other boring barbarians." Oh, how far we come... :hehe:

Conan's been published by Dark Horse for the last few years.

Fun fact about Busiek: He wrote a fan letter to Thor in the late '70s expressing his enjoyment of an issue and his disdain for "Conan, Red Sonja, and other boring barbarians." Oh, how far we come... :hehe:
Hehe, yeah.

So Corp, who do you prefer Thor being with, Sif or Jane Foster?

Of the writers who have written for X-Men in recent years, who did the best job of writing Cyclops & Emma Frost as an item?

Sif. Jane's cool and all, but Sif's just a much more fun character. I liked the conflict between her and Thor's view of humanity, too. She didn't really care for Earth much, whereas Thor is inextricably tied to it. It made for an interesting read in the I, Whom the Gods Would Destroy graphic novel.

And I agree with BW: Whedon totally wrote the best Cyclops in recent memory, period, so he wins for Cyclops and Emma too.

No one wrote Cyke and Emma together well because they should have never been together in the first place. Evil *****.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

Does anyone else think that in Reborn.

Dr. Doom and Red Skull will get control of Captain America?

I hope Dark Reign ends soon, I really do. I hope Steve IS the end of it too.

Sif. Jane's cool and all, but Sif's just a much more fun character. I liked the conflict between her and Thor's view of humanity, too. She didn't really care for Earth much, whereas Thor is inextricably tied to it. It made for an interesting read in the I, Whom the Gods Would Destroy graphic novel.

And I agree with BW: Whedon totally wrote the best Cyclops in recent memory, period, so he wins for Cyclops and Emma too.
I was just curious because of your signature. :word: I'll have to look for that graphic novel.

Well, my sig comes from a point where Jane had Sif's spirit in her. She was far more of a badass then. Initially, Jane was a pretty weak, sappy love interest for Thor. Granted, that was kind of the standard mold for the supporting women of Marvel at the time.

Is it just me or does Black Widow look a lot like Famke Janssen?

213gkef.jpg

She looks kind of like a mannequin to me. Granov's great, but there's always a very soulless, inanimate quality to his women.

technically:
(the way I assumed it)
This was the part of Majik taken originally that never left Limbo. As such,.. she's in permenent "bad gurl" mode - trying to be good.
Illiana is still dead.

Except this Magik has Illyana's soul, so she's still technically good. She's missing a few good chunks of Illyana's soul, though (Witchfire has them, as well as pieces of Pixie's soul), so her moral compass is way off kilter.

So I was looking at the preview pages of Nova 31 and saw that Darkhawk got a wing upgrade. How and when did that happen?

Why does Namor shout Imperious Rex?

During War of Kings, Darkhawk learned that his amulet and armor are connected to the Fraternity of Raptors, an ancient black ops organization that worked for the betterment of the Shi'ar Empire at any cost. He met another Raptor named Talon, who showed him that the normal armor Darkhawk used all this time was actually just one of many configurations he could use. Talon taught Darkhawk to change configurations and then betrayed him, forcing Chris' mind out of the Darkhawk body and restoring its original personality, another Raptor named Razor.

Talon and Razor set out to fulfill the Raptors' old mission, manipulating various events in the Shi'ar's favor. Most notably, Razor manages to assassinate Lilandra, who was in the process of challenging Vulcan's rule over the Shi'ar. Unknown to Talon or Razor, though, the Raptor armor wasn't designed to properly deal with humans because the Raptors were so ancient while humankind was a relatively new race. Chris manages to usurp control of the Darkhawk body from Razor just after Razor kills Lilandra, effectively making Chris the most wanted murderer in the universe. Nova, being the cosmic cop, gets the unhappy job of bringing him in.

Well that puts Nova in a interesting spot. How the heck is Darkhawk gonna clear his name? It’s weird seeing him as a cosmic character after he started out as a street level crime fighter. But cool at the same time since I’ve always liked DH.

The concept definitely works. He always had that weird alien/cyborg backstory. DnA just tossed out some of the convolution and tied it to the Shi'ar Empire in a pretty interesting way. If Earth's paltry countries have the CIA and the KGB and Mossad and stuff, huge galactic civilizations should definitely have their own shadowy organizations that aren't afraid to get their hands dirty.

Should be interesting to see how Rich and Chris' friendship fares over the course of this next Nova arc. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"