The Official DC Stupid Question Thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Superman doesn't blur his face. His Secret Identity goes on the fact that he slouches, wears bigger suits, does his hair differently, and holds himself with less self confidence. Basically Clark Kent is a guy who isn't memorable - could be any guy in an office who you don't know. Where as Superman is a guy that you wouldn't even believe has a Secret Identity (he doesn't wear a mask the public and most superheroes and villains don't even think he had a secret identity).

Jay Garrick and Mon-El both do the slight face vibrate but it's not canon to Superman.

The idea that Clark isn't memorable sort of falls apart when you consider that he's a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative journalist, doesn't it? Those sorts of people are extremely well known in certain circles and at least moderately well known to the portions of the general public who actually pay attention to any news.

Yeah Superman doesn't blur his face. His Secret Identity goes on the fact that he slouches, wears bigger suits, does his hair differently, and holds himself with less self confidence. Basically Clark Kent is a guy who isn't memorable - could be any guy in an office who you don't know. Where as Superman is a guy that you wouldn't even believe has a Secret Identity (he doesn't wear a mask the public and most superheroes and villains don't even think he had a secret identity).

Jay Garrick and Mon-El both do the slight face vibrate but it's not canon to Superman.

It is canon that Superman blurs his face. I've read a comic where he actually says so, as Superman. But I'll be damned if I can ever remember which it was. Had to have been in the last few years though, since that's when I started reading Supes titles regularly.

The only post-COIE times that I can remember Superman mentioning blurring his face was during the early issues of the Byrne era, and God only knows how much of that is still canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"