The new New Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Specter313

Ghost of all things X
Reaction score
NEW-WARRIORS-1.jpg

So, anyone have any idea who this character might be if she turns out to be someone we already know?​

Costume has a resemblence to Speedball's old one.

Speedball II perhaps?:huh:

Heh, I would shake Joe Q's hand if he named a character that. :)

NEW-WARRIORS-1.jpg

So, anyone have any idea who this character might be if she turns out to be someone we already know?​

I HOPE it is someone we know. After the CHAMPIONS premise basically being a generic new team with an old team's franchise (Team In Name Only), I hope this new relaunch of NEW WARRIORS actually has some New Warriors in it. Sure, Speedball is now Emoball, Justice is in THE INITATIVE, and so on, but Firestar is still about, even if retired. We still have Rage, Ultra-Girl, Slapstick, Silohette, Timeslip, and Debrii. The NEW WARRIORS is really begging to be done right so hopefully they won't just create a generic new team with an old name and hope that will work.

The outfit does look like Speedball's, but hopefully it won't be a NW-INO. I'm sure this is a chance to create some new characters and amp some old ones (I could easily see Machine Teen on this team, for instance), hopefully, but some past Warriors need to be part of this. I swear, sometimes Marvel needs to go to a DC seminar to remember how to treat a superhero team with any sense of legacy or respect, least that aren't the X-Men.

And I must say, Iron Man has never looked as much like a Darth Vader-ish fascist stormtrooper than in that poster. I know I wouldn't trust it.

It could be Namora, or just some different Attlantean girl.

It could be Namora, or just some different Attlantean girl.

It could be anyone, or someone new. In a way it is a shame that Squirrel-Girl never stood up for her crush when Stamford happened and he was demonized, but there is no way her tail would fit in that suit.

Timeslip was depowered as of NW #75, but she could always just have donned a new costume and tech. Darkhawk and Turbo were NW, but they'll be busy on THE LONERS. There's also Helix I suppose too, and Powerhouse (Alex Power, of the formerly pre-teen Power Pack), Bandit, and Dagger. If it were up to me, Rage, Justice, and Firestar would be key members, but alas it is not.

So, to repeat, remaining NEW WARRIORS members who are not slated to be tied into other books:

Firestar (although she seemingly retired her mask in FRONTLINE)
Rage
Silohette
Bandit
Dagger
Helix
Ultra-Girl
Slapstick
Debrii
Timeslip
Powerpax/Powerhouse/Zero-G (Alex Power, who'd be maybe 16-18 by now)

However, I almost expect Marvel to abandon all of them, especially Rage, and probably will dig up older characters, some missing newer ones, or make some newbs. Until I hear more about the creative team, I am a little hesitant, even if that is a dynamic cover. I mean it'd catch my eye in the shop if I never heard of it before.

I have no idea who could it be, it doesn't look like it could be an old character. The bigass bracelets she has also don't ring a bell. What are people seeing as similar to Robbie's old costume? Seriously. What? That it has yellow and the goggles have a yellow tint like Speedy started using after his 2nd costume?:confused: The goggles actually remind more of Cannonball than Speedball. What I CAN say is that I'm extremely happy that it looks like they'll be a rebel team. Maybe it's Niels, the cat that also got the Speedball powers, in a robot/suit that makes it look human.:D:p

I have no idea who could it be, it doesn't look like it could be an old character. The bigass bracelets she has also don't ring a bell. What are people seeing as similar to Robbie's old costume? Seriously. What? That it has yellow and the goggles have a yellow tint like Speedy started using after his 2nd costume?:confused: The goggles actually remind more of Cannonball than Speedball. What I CAN say is that I'm extremely happy that it looks like they'll be a rebel team. Maybe it's Niels, the cat that also got the Speedball powers, in a robot/suit that makes it look human.:D:p

Pretty sure it isn't Niels. ;)

"The suit looks like Niels. It has the same white/orange color scheme kinda like a cat."

:o:D:p

It could be anyone, or someone new. In a way it is a shame that Squirrel-Girl never stood up for her crush when Stamford happened and he was demonized, but there is no way her tail would fit in that suit.

Timeslip was depowered as of NW #75, but she could always just have donned a new costume and tech. Darkhawk and Turbo were NW, but they'll be busy on THE LONERS. There's also Helix I suppose too, and Powerhouse (Alex Power, of the formerly pre-teen Power Pack), Bandit, and Dagger. If it were up to me, Rage, Justice, and Firestar would be key members, but alas it is not.

So, to repeat, remaining NEW WARRIORS members who are not slated to be tied into other books:

Firestar (although she seemingly retired her mask in FRONTLINE)
Rage
Silohette
Bandit
Dagger
Helix
Ultra-Girl
Slapstick
Debrii
Timeslip
Powerpax/Powerhouse/Zero-G (Alex Power, who'd be maybe 16-18 by now)

However, I almost expect Marvel to abandon all of them, especially Rage, and probably will dig up older characters, some missing newer ones, or make some newbs. Until I hear more about the creative team, I am a little hesitant, even if that is a dynamic cover. I mean it'd catch my eye in the shop if I never heard of it before.

Well, if it hasn't changed since, remember that one NJF stated that there would be at least one returning member to head up the team, so I doubt that all the old members will be swept under the rug, but who knows.

Well, if it hasn't changed since, remember that one NJF stated that there would be at least one returning member to head up the team, so I doubt that all the old members will be swept under the rug, but who knows.

There also was a JF's where someone mentioned potential NW's as "Gravity & Arana" when both now couldn't possibly be members (Arana is a registered hero and unofficial sidekick to Ms. Marvel, and Gravity is dead for the moment).

Justice will be in the hands of Slott in THE INITATIVE so hopefully he'll have a chance to shine. I'd like Rage to be involved. I know people roll their eyes at him, but he has real power potential and as Night-Thrasher was his adopted father, it'd be cool to see more depth to him in his reaction. But so long as some older NW's are part of it, I'd be happy.

Oh, I also saw in one of the NYCC The Initiative panel reports where Slott that Slapstick would likely be showing up in one of the Avengers: The Initiative issues.

To be honest,I can see this book and Champions as being very low sellers once they're out regardless of quality.

I'm just surprised Omega and Initiative were made into minis instead of ongoings like these.

Oh, I also saw in one of the NYCC The Initiative panel reports where Slott that Slapstick would likely be showing up in one of the Avengers: The Initiative issues.

Not surprising, since he was the last person to actually use Slapstick in SHE-HULK #8.

To be honest,I can see this book and Champions as being very low sellers once they're out regardless of quality.

I'm just surprised Omega and Initiative were made into minis instead of ongoings like these.

Oh, I can see that too. INITIATIVE may have always been planned as a mini, and with OMEGA FLIGHT, it's a spin-off from ALPHA FLIGHT which hasn't sold well in about 20 years, so I can understand some reservation. CHAMPIONS and NEW WARRIORS seem to be shooting from CW's hip so they expect those to be printed money, like X-books circa 1999.

Champions I could see selling low, but this one might be a surprise. Mostly because of the whole "the other NW were the ones who started the Civil War, now these guys are using their name to apparnetly keep opposing the registration" possible controversy they could cause.

There is supposed to be only one returning old New Warrior so this might be a new character.

There is supposed to be only one returning old New Warrior so this is might be a new character.

It could also be someone we know, they've just never been a New Warrior before.

It could also be someone we know, they've just never been a New Warrior before.

Yeah, that was why I listed all the old Warriors. I doubt this is it, but Timeslip could easily be in some suped up costume. But it could be anyone.

As long as it's not Namorita that is using some kind of life support suit because she didn't die in the Stamford disaster but was foched up after it. In all honesty, I would prefer i wasn't Debrii either, the character grated on me. I don't trust much of what Marvel has said about the new NW, they had confirmed that Speedball was locked down on the title and we've all seen what happened there. Of course, they can always go the smartass route and introduce a new Speedball.:whatever: Anyways, New Warriors brings out in me the same moronic buying tendencies that Dread displays with U-Spidey so it's a given that I'll be picking this up.

i think it may be an amazing friend of ours

I hope this works out, it looks like a pretty cool concept and has a good writer who knows his stuff behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"