Homecoming The Next Spider-Man - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell, I don't remember voting "other" in here already! Oh well, I'm sure by "other" I meant "Andrew Garfield". :funny:

If we absolutely had to have a reboot, then Logan Lerman is my #1 choice too.

giphy.gif

I don't wanna lose Andy. :csad:

I like Andrew Garfield but I'd be willing to give him up to get Spidey in the MCU. He's not irreplaceable.

I feel sad about losing Garfield, but I would feel better if we had fantastic Spidey movies again, and that will, more likely than not, come about with a Marvel deal. Garfield himself said that the character matters more than the actor playing him.

I feel sad about losing Garfield, but I would feel better if we had fantastic Spidey movies again, and that will, more likely than not, come about with a Marvel deal. Garfield himself said that the character matters more than the actor playing him.

Exactly. And those words are respectable.

I dislike Dylan O'brien and I dislike Logan Lerman. I love Andrew Garfield, he's my first and last choice. But if I HAVE TO choose someone to replace him, I would like a COMPLETELY UNKNOWN TV / movie actor. Maybe someone from Broadway.

Last edited:
Marvel likes to get some well known actors for their roles it seems.

Actors who are usually known but not well known.

Like before GOTG, Chris Pratt was probably fairly well known due to Parks and Rec... but now he's an international star basically.

I'm not saying that Andrew is irreplaceable as the character has lived on for many years and will live on for many more. But I honestly don't know if it's possible to find anyone better suited for the role, I thought Andy was perfect as Peter. Well it's possible, just a hard task, lol. Just my opinion though.

If I absolutely had to choose someone else, it'd be Lerman as I do like him as an actor and think he's a good fit. I think Martella would be a good choice too though.

Last edited:
I want teen Peter. I'd rather see him grow up than just be introduced to an Adult Peter. That's my favourite part about Spidey - he started out as a kid. He grows up. I'd like to see that journey on screen.

So start young, and let him grow up. Best of both worlds. For me, it's nothing to do with being "more relatable".

I agree with this. I don't see why everyone is in a rush for "adult" Pete. Let the actor grow with the role. Have the high school Pete, then college Pete, them post-grad Pete, then adult Pete. If Marvel handles the series well, they'll get to an older Parker soon enough.

I think I'm just tired of seeing Peter back in high school. I don't want to see him graduate for a THIRD time. Just put him in college, that way he is young enough to be relatable to teens but old enough for adults to enjoy.

I think I'm just tired of seeing Peter back in high school. I don't want to see him graduate for a THIRD time. Just put him in college, that way he is young enough to be relatable to teens but old enough for adults to enjoy.

This.

It's the perfect middle ground, and some kf his most iconic stories took place during that time.

What the hell, I don't remember voting "other" in here already! Oh well, I'm sure by "other" I meant "Andrew Garfield". :funny:

If we absolutely had to have a reboot, then Logan Lerman is my #1 choice too.

I want AG back has he I perfect but if we have to get some one else I want the guy from the flash tv show has he has that akwared nerdy but yet funny persinatilty like peter and he can show emotion while but I know with him doing a tv how that is unlikely so AG needs to come back lol.

Why do people insist on wanting Peter to be young, in hopes that the actor will grow with the character. I get its a cool idea, but not every actor wants to be tied down playing the same character past 3 films most of the time. We don't always strike gold and find a Hugh Jackman, or Robert Downey Jr.. We're lucky to have had those guys for so long, Jackman especially and even their contracts have had to be renegotiated to keep them. But also think their love for the characters have helped them stick around too.

The only way we have the same actor play Peter from high school into adulthood would be is for it to be written into his contract, and I'm not sure how many would want that commitment. Marvel would have to have him sign a contract similar to Evans and Hemsworth, but I think even after Ultron, Cap 3, Thor 3, they're both done. Unless they're also in Infinity War?

Not to mention we've already seen Peter graduate high school twice on film now.

And I'm tired of this Dylan O'Brien and Logan Lerman crap. And Vincent Martella, seriously?

Last edited:
This.

It's the perfect middle ground, and some of his most iconic stories took place during that time.

Yes, exactly. And since Marvel will probably skip the origin story they can set it up so that Peter got bit during high school and has been Spider-Man for a while. We see him in college at the moment and he meets Harry, Gwen, MJ, Flash, etc...

Why do people insist on wanting to Peter to be young, in hopes that the actor will grow with the character. I get its a cool idea, but not every actor wants to be tied down playing the same character past 3 films most of the time. We don't always strike gold and find a Hugh Jackman, or Robert Downey Jr.. We're lucky to have had those guys for so long, Jackman especially and even their contracts have had to be renegotiated to keep them.

Chances are by the time the actor has been in a number of films he will want to leave and they will recast.

The only way we have same the actor play Peter from high school into adulthood would for it to be written into his contract, and I'm not sure how many would want that commitment. Marvel would have to him sign a contract similar to Evans and Hemsworth, but I think even after Ultron, Cap 3, Thor 3, they're both done. Unless they're also in Infinity War?

The rumor is that they will be in Infinity War Part II. I don't know if there is any validity to it or not.

Not to mention we've already seen Peter graduate high school twice on film now.

Tell me about it.

And I'm tired of this Dylan O'Brien and Logan Lerman crap. And Vincent Martella, seriously?

I never took that casting suggestion seriously. I mean come on... it's VINCENT MARTELLA. Does anyone really want him to play Spider-Man? I would rather see Tommy Wiseau give it a shot because then it would at least be funny.

Any actor who publicly declares they want a role when the only thing on their resume is some poorly made YA movie then yeah, they should automatically be disqualified

If Dylan O'brien actually gets the role I will personally travel the world to heckle him at every public appearance he makes for the rest of his days

I cannot think of someone more undeserving of the role then Dylan, he should stick to YA

Any actor who publicly declares they want a role when the only thing on their resume is some poorly made YA movie then yeah, they should automatically be disqualified

If Dylan O'brien actually gets the role I will personally travel the world to heckle him at every public appearance he makes for the rest of his days

I cannot think of someone more undeserving of the role then Dylan, he should stick to YA
He may not be the most qualified, but if I had to pick between him and Logan I'd definitely choose Dylan. He just looks more like Spider-Man, and I hate Logan.

I don't really know the difference between the two since I haven't seen any of their movies. Right now all I care about is Spider-Man actually joining the MCU. After that confirmation then I will worry about what actor could portray him. One step at a time.

I don't really know the difference between the two since I haven't seen any of their movies. Right now all I care about is Spider-Man actually joining the MCU. After that confirmation then I will worry about what actor could portray him. One step at a time.
Spider-Man joining the MCU is the main thing people want confirmation of. If he joins I don't think people will mind if it's in phase 3 or 4, as long as he's eventually in it. On the other hand, if Sony keeps Spidey all for themselves people will want to know about Garfield. Is he still Spider-Man? Are the Sinister 6 and other potential spin-offs still part of the plan?

So many unanswered questions, it's a frustrating time to be a Spider-Man fan when the franchise is at it's most pivotal point in history.

If Sony does not make this deal then I'm taking a break from Spider-Man movies for a while. I don't think I can deal with more disappointment.

I wonder if Marvel would want to bring him in as Jameson if they put spiderman in the mcu.

He pretty much confirmed that he's in talks in returning. Now whether it's Marvel or Sony again is the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"